Kessel, JvR, and Kulemin in Sochi

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Kulemin is the anti-soviet. I'm convinced he's a Finnish spy doing a lousy job blending in with his Russian teammates

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Well I think the best case scenario was Kessel playing well even against Canada but Canada still winning. Then Kessel lighting up the Bronze Medal game to leave on a high note.

This was more of the mostly positive scenario. As a whole Kessel played great and lead the tournament in scoring, Canada won the Gold, but Kessel had a rough last two games of the tournament.

Meh, Team USA fell apart. Everybody sucked but Quick. Hard to carry a team against such high quality competition, not even Crosby could do it.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I dunno what to say if people waste time talking about Kessel in the last two games when Mr. America, Patrick Kane, had such an astounding tournament...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hey guys, any word on JVR's hand? Can't seem to find an update.
The only news I know is that he was fine to tweet yesterday :). If we get through today with zero news there's probably nothing to worry about.
Meh, Team USA fell apart. Everybody sucked but Quick. Hard to carry a team against such high quality competition, not even Crosby could do it.
Yeah, certainly not going to throw it on Kessel. You'd think that Canada winning as a unit would teach people not to jump on individuals for team failings. I just meant ideally it would have ended on a positive note (aside from tournament awards ;)).

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

I think Team USA didn't even care at that point. Everyone was feeling like **** I bet after the game against Canada.

hockeyfanz*

I think Team USA didn't even care at that point. Everyone was feeling like **** I bet after the game against Canada.

Thats pathetic considering there was a medal on the line. I mean its Team USA...not really known for their Olympic hockey prowess unlike Team Canada. A Canadian team or Swedish team let down for the Bronze is one thing...but Team USA? The truth is Canada shoulda whipped them by at least the same score (5-0) Thats how lopsided that 1-0 game was.

Team USA managed two goals vs. good competition including Russia Finland and Canada. They simply weren't very good. Scoring tons vs. teams like Slovakia and whoever. I guess they beat the Czechs who were also lousy. Look at the tournament stats. They beat nobody. Slovenia and Slovakia...bahahahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad