Friedman: Kessel is in play

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd love for LA to pick up Kessel but only at the right price and that price to me isn't involving one of...Vilardi, Kempe, Clague, Toffoli, Pearson or the 20th OA

Then what does LA have of value you'd be willing to give/what would you consider a fair price in general?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I'd say it against anyone. I wouldn't move Vilardi unless it's in a package for a Barkov, Leon Dri, type of aged player. LA killed their pipeline for older players and I don't see them doing that again.

LA management has Vilardi already penciled into the lineup at 19. So he is definitely a non-starter.

Plus, for LA looking to resign Doughty; 6m is a lot of money taken away from that.

If LA and Pitt were to make a deal for Kessel...money would have to be going the other way and the only people from LA's point of view is Muzzin/Martinez. I know some people on this board will say Toffoli/Pearson but that is just a dumb move when LA needs more scoring and not just swap of scoring. We would need a winger to add on to Toffoli & Pearson and their scoring.

I'd hope for Kovy to come in to LA on a 2-3yr deal around $6m as a free asset then to pay what a Kessel trade would command plus a higher cap hit.

I'd love for LA to pick up Kessel but only at the right price and that price to me isn't involving one of...Vilardi, Kempe, Clague, Toffoli, Pearson or the 20th OA
“Hey trade is a really good player but we’re not gonna give you anything of value back ok thanks”

If the trade isn’t Toffoli+ then the Kings can get lost

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Then what does LA have of value you'd be willing to give/what would you consider a fair price in general?

Something like...

Martinez + Iafallo+ 2nd

Or Muzzin + JAD + 4th

And just to be clear about where I am at with "building/retooling" the Kings. I would prefer for them to give the youth more of a chance and not trade for older players to block the youth.

So for a Kessel deal, it would be at the bottom of a wish last. Many other trades and signings would have to fail before I'd try to trade for Kessel.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Something like...

Martinez + Iafallo+ 2nd

Or Muzzin + JAD + 4th

And just to be clear about where I am at with "building/retooling" the Kings. I would prefer for them to give the youth more of a chance and not trade for older players to block the youth.

So for a Kessel deal, it would be at the bottom of a wish last. Many other trades and signings would have to fail before I'd try to trade for Kessel.
These are bad. Every other team would beat this offer easily.

Reactions: Badfish87

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Utterly embarrassing post, mate. Kessel, overrated? Don’t make me laugh. We have people in this thread seriously offering up a 1-for-1 trade for Lucic. And he was criminally underrated throughout his time in Toronto, too.

Your post is pathetic and verifies how little hockey acumen many people have. Keep thinking your opinion is the only option and I'm sure at some point in time you can feel good about yourself.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

That would be God awful for Nashville. Instead of adding Tolvanen and keeping a no.2 center, a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 winger we'd suddenly have an expensive top 6 winger and need to desperately obtain a no.2 center and another top 4 defenseman. Makes zero sense for them.

Despite sucking it up in the playoffs, we just obtained Turris and he's proven he can play better in the playoffs. This is the first time in a decade we've actually had center depth that didn't completely suck, doubt we move on this early unless we get Tavares or something equally ridiculous.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
What this thread is telling me is that Kings fans aren't even remotely serious about getting Kessel, because most of the offers in here from Kings fans aren't even remotely close.

Well if your GM spends the beginning of the off season talking about getting faster, younger and more skilled. Why would you want to trade the Kings youth for a 31 year old winger. Kind of opposite of what the GM was talking about.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well if your GM spends the beginning of the off season talking about getting faster, younger and more skilled. Why would you want to trade the Kings youth for a 31 year old winger. Kind of opposite of what the GM was talking about.

I mean, Kessel fills 2 of those 3, though. I understand wanting to get younger, but it's not like Kessel is 37. He's the same age as your core.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Your post is pathetic and verifies how little hockey acumen many people have. Keep thinking your opinion is the only option and I'm sure at some point in time you can feel good about yourself.
You stridently believe that Kessel has negative value. And you have the audacity to suggest that the multitudes of others - including every professional hockey analyst who has been musing on what he can return - are the ones lacking hockey acumen?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I mean, Kessel fills 2 of those 3, though. I understand wanting to get younger, but it's not like Kessel is 37. He's the same age as your core.

Of our older core. Blake is trying to build our next core. I hope the Kings management sticks with the plan and goes with the youth.

Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Carter, Brown

To

Vilardi, Clague, Peterson, Kempe, Brickley, JAD

BoysofWinter66871

Jun 19, 2017
That would be God awful for Nashville. Instead of adding Tolvanen and keeping a no.2 center, a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 winger we'd suddenly have an expensive top 6 winger and need to desperately obtain a no.2 center and another top 4 defenseman. Makes zero sense for them.

Despite sucking it up in the playoffs, we just obtained Turris and he's proven he can play better in the playoffs. This is the first time in a decade we've actually had center depth that didn't completely suck, doubt we move on this early unless we get Tavares or something equally ridiculous.
Why would Pittsburgh want Turris? Is he going to be flipped? Where would he even play here?

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
You stridently believe that Kessel has negative value. And you have the audacity to suggest that the multitudes of others - including every professional hockey analyst who has been musing on what he can return - are the ones lacking hockey acumen?

It's obvious you need to know what others think and can't make your own analysis of the player. I do not care what anyone else thinks and can make my own judgements. Good luck.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Something like...

Martinez + Iafallo+ 2nd

Or Muzzin + JAD + 4th

That's what you're willing to give, not what you consider fair value right? Fair enough that you're not that fussed about getting him, but not a lot of point talking turkey if you're not.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That's what you're willing to give, not what you consider fair value right? Fair enough that you're not that fussed about getting him, but not a lot of point talking turkey if you're not.

Definitely what I'd be willing to trade. His value is more but for where LA is at team building wise, not trading a lot for Kessel.

There are 2 sides of LA fans right now...

Retooling with youth

or

Going all in for 1 more cup run and then complete rebuild.

I am on the retooling side of things, so a 31 year old winger does nothing for me trade wise.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Definitely what I'd be willing to trade. His value is more but for where LA is at team building wise, not trading a lot for Kessel.

There are 2 sides of LA fans right now...

Retooling with youth

or

Going all in for 1 more cup run and then complete rebuild.

I am on the retooling side of things, so a 31 year old winger does nothing for me trade wise.

Fairy nuff - be interesting to see where your management lies on this.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Didn’t Mckenzie say the Kings are interested in Kessel lol?

Yes, and so did Lebrun. I can guarantee that if they're interested in Kessel, they'll be offering more than what is being offered in here. I'm not exactly sure how to make that deal work though, Muzzin and Pearson for Kessel seems like too much for the Kings, but that's the type of package that the Penguins would want for Kessel.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Yes, and so did Lebrun. I can guarantee that if they're interested in Kessel, they'll be offering more than what is being offered in here. I'm not exactly sure how to make that deal work though, Muzzin and Pearson for Kessel seems like too much for the Kings, but that's the type of package that the Penguins would want for Kessel.

How?

Muzzin + Pearson is a no go for me, too steep. Muzzin + a small add would be as far as i'd go. Phill the thrill would be a fantastic addition, but like others have said he's a little bit older than the sort of player we should be targeting.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How?

Muzzin + Pearson is a no go for me, too steep. Muzzin + a small add would be as far as i'd go. Phill the thrill would be a fantastic addition, but like others have said he's a little bit older than the sort of player we should be targeting.

Because the offers in here for Kessel really aren't even close to enough for him. If they're actually interested in Kessel, they wouldn't be offering as little as Kings fans in here are offering. Muzzin and a small piece just isn't enough for a guy coming off a 92 point season, JR is just going to put the Kings on ignore if that's the best they'd do.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
How?

Right, a no go for you a fan which history tells us has very little to do with how actual NHL team management goes about their business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad