Kessel ill-suited as Leafs’ frontman ... Leaf must keep 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Woe is Kessel. Bad linemates, imagine an elite scorer having to do it against good defense!?, bad luck, he was robbed...etc.

If every "superstar" was held to the same low standard as Kessel the word would lose all superlative and meaning.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Shouldn't you be making a thread somewhere about contract extensions?

You don't trade Kessel.
This board has gone ****ing loco.

Trading Kessel, for picks. Trading our 1st for O'Reilly.

It doesn't make sense. We could have a cup contender in 2-3 years if we do it right.

kessel will lead us to the cup?:laugh:
he cant even get a letter on his sweater.:sarcasm:
which player in the league scores 80 points and is not a capitan or has an A? on his team. he has been here 5 years, sorry 4.
second line material. trade him to a contender.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
Who won the cup first the team that got the younger less developed players or the team that ended up with both 25yr old established stars?

I don't understand your point... You think the Leafs are close to a cup? You'd rather have Kessel than either of those two options? Kessel cool-aid. Drink up...

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
kessel will lead us to the cup?:laugh:
he cant even get a letter on his sweater.:sarcasm:
which player in the league scores 80 points and is not a capitan or has an A? on his team. he has been here 5 years, sorry 4.
second line material. trade him to a contender.

James Neal, Erik Karlsson, Marian Hossa, and Marian Gaborik.

That seemed easy, I guess it doesn't surprise me that you can't make an informed argument.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

That seemed easy, I guess it doesn't surprise me that you can't make an informed argument.

there teams have even better players than them, with letters.
we have a bunch of bums, and kessel is still snubbed.
trade him now, before we are stuck with him paying him, 8mil. and never getting any where with him

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto

I don't agree with the argument that if you score x amount of points you should have a letter, but all the players you just named are on contending teams that are stacked with talent.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
there teams have even better players than them, with letters.
we have a bunch of bums, and kessel is still snubbed.
trade him now, before we are stuck with him paying him, 8mil. and never getting any where with him

So now you're making excuses for why those players don't have letters? :laugh:

Hossa > Sharp
Gaborik > Staal
Neal > Orpik and Kunitz
Karlsson > Every defenseman in the league according to his Norris trophy... let alone Chris Phillips

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
I don't agree with the argument that if you score x amount of points you should have a letter, but all the players you just named are on contending teams that are stacked with talent.

Neither do I, hence my retort. The Leafs are far from "talent deprived". We had the luxury of having two point per game players last year and one of which is wearing an "A" this season.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto

Hossa > Sharp
Gaborik > Staal
Neal > Orpik and Kunitz
Karlsson > Every defenseman in the league according to his Norris trophy... let alone Chris Phillips

So it's obvious that the less talented players bring something more to the table than just points.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Woe is Kessel. Bad linemates, imagine an elite scorer having to do it against good defense!?, bad luck, he was robbed...etc.

If every "superstar" was held to the same low standard as Kessel the word would lose all superlative and meaning.

Oh, you mean like Ovechkin? The guy Kessel has out scored since the allstar break two years ago?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

Hossa > Sharp
Gaborik > Staal
Neal > Orpik and Kunitz

keep trying to make excuses:nod:
every player you mentioned, that has a letter, was on that team before the other guy arrived. plus those players are great payers to.
kessel has been here 5 years, longer than the players that have letters on the leafs.
we gave up the fram for him, and still he has no letter.
clark,gilmore,sundin, maybe played a year or 2 before they got there letter. leader
kessel has to go, his coach does not believe in him or he would of given him a letteron his sweater.
would you have given him a letter? if you were the coach:sarcasm:

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
keep trying to make excuses:nod:
every player you mentioned, that has a letter, was on that team before the other guy arrived. plus those players are great payers to.
kessel has been here 5 years, longer than the players that have letters on the leafs.
we gave up the fram for him, and still he has no letter.
clark,gilmore,sundin, maybe played a year or 2 before they got there letter. leader
kessel has to go, his coach does not believe in him or he would of given him a letteron his sweater.
would you have given him a letter? if you were the coach:sarcasm:

Kessel has been here for 3 years and is in his 4th.

I don't care that Kessel doesn't have a letter, you're the one making any excuse possible to find fault in the guy.

You can't even stick to one point, you keep altering your position post-by-post.

You can't even spell Gilmour's name correctly, some fan you must be :sarcasm:

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Kessel has been here for 3 years and is in his 4th.

I don't care that Kessel doesn't have a letter, you're the one making any excuse possible to find fault in the guy.

You can't even stick to one point, you keep altering your position post-by-post.

You can't even spell Gilmour's name correctly, some fan you must be :sarcasm:

oh ya 4years, longer than phanuf,macArther,lupul, macclement,liles.
how many of these guys would have a letter on another team? answer- none

i did not find fault in the guy, he is a fault. ask carlyle. not his type player.
spelling, no typo.
i am a leaf fan, not a kessel fan, not a leaf player.

the question, you answered, if you were the coach but could not write it for us to see:nod:

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
373d930a41d1be358032eac7639a.jpeg

I don't see any letters wtf?

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
oh ya 4years, longer than phanuf,macArther,lupul, macclement,liles.
how many of these guys would have a letter on another team? answer- none

i did not find fault in the guy, he is a fault. ask carlyle. not his type player.
spelling, no typo.
i am a leaf fan, not a kessel fan, not a leaf player.

the question, you answered, if you were the coach but could not write it for us to see:nod:
Selanne weighs 250 pounds and forechecks against all 5 defending players and the goalie by himself.

I mean reading some of the things from leaf fans makes me realize we don't deserve nice things. When we get one of the best players in the league we want him out of town and then we ***** and whine when we lack all star talent and wonder why can't get any

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Selanne weighs 250 pounds and forechecks against all 5 defending players and the goalie by himself.

I mean reading some of the things from leaf fans makes me realize we don't deserve nice things. When we get one of the best players in the league we want him out of town and then we ***** and whine when we lack all star talent and wonder why can't get any

Phil Kessel is not even close to one of the best players in the league.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Selanne weighs 250 pounds and forechecks against all 5 defending players and the goalie by himself.I mean reading some of the things from leaf fans makes me realize we don't deserve nice things. When we get one of the best players in the league we want him out of town and then we ***** and whine when we lack all star talent and wonder why can't get any

one of the best players in the league. :laugh:
are you comparing selanne to kessel?
explain.

question, should nonis build the leafs around kessel?

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Phil Kessel is not even close to one of the best players in the league.

he is one of the best goal scorers in the league and every team needs one or two guys like that. I don't understand why you can't keep the guy and keep building its kind of ridiculous. If you want to trade him then you charge the highest premium possible and I mean top prospects and multiple picks. You don't trade him for the halfwit raggity-ass trade proposals posted in these forums.

The only reason Kessel draws as much ire as he does is because of what was traded for him. I don't understand how that's his fault he's still a ppg winger capable of scoring 35+ goals those don't grow on trees but something tells me the fans wanting him gone will be the first to lament that we don't have a high end goal scorer because he will not be easy to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad