Kerfoot?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He reminds me of the Graham Black, Myles Bell, Ryan Kujawinski types that never end up being anything. If he does make it to the NHL, good for him. It wasn't going to happen with us, as he clearly didn't want to be a Devil.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There were a few here who boldly pronounced that Kerfoot has no chance at ever suiting up in the NHL.

Can't you at least wait until he plays in the NHL first? I'm surprised to see you so high on him, when he's probably just another Conte special. AKA: A big nothing.

And a player suiting up in the NHL is not indicative of a good player, just ask Tim Sestito and his 101 NHL games.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
There were a few here who boldly pronounced that Kerfoot has no chance at ever suiting up in the NHL.

I feel confident that no one said that. I won't say that I'm sure because someone who says that sort of thing, I probably don't read their posts ever.

But yeah, I'm not sure he makes it into the top 15 NJD prospects. I think he does - maybe 14 or 15 - but yeah, odds are he is not anything significant at the NHL level. But sometimes he is.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i could care less if kerfoot signs with the rangers...but has butcher been linked to new york at all? THAT would bother me

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't get why anyone assumes he's signing with the Rangers aside from the bogeyman and the fact they've signed a few college FA's before. I don't see the logic of him going there where he's not likely to play immediately versus Vegas or Vancouver other than the bright lights :P

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Rangers really do not have a spot for Butcher - they have 5 lefties at the NHL level in McDonagh, Staal, Holden, Smith, and Skjei. I doubt very much they're in on him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't get why anyone assumes he's signing with the Rangers aside from the bogeyman and the fact they've signed a few college FA's before. I don't see the logic of him going there where he's not likely to play immediately versus Vegas or Vancouver other than the bright lights :P

Perhaps he's been linked to the Rangers and I missed it? I also do not understand why the Rangers would sign him though, unless they wanted to spite us. They usually go after the "bigger" name college free agents, like Hayes, Vesey, Gilroy, etc.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Rangers possibly signed a better free agent college RHD in Neal Pionk a few months back. Since UMD made the Frozen Four, Pionk couldn't sign in April and burn a year off his ELC. So he took a month to figure out who to sign with (allegedly the Kings were the other finalist). I wonder if he would reconsider now that the Rangers signed Shattenkirk and added DeAngelo?

It's funny, a guy like Pionk could take a month to make his decision and be completely under the radar since the NHL playoffs were in full swing.

But a guy like Butcher will be under the microscope because he has to wait until August 16th when there's nothing else going on.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Does it suck to lose a free asset? Yes.

Is losing Kerfoot a big deal whatsoever? No.

Would Kerfoot be among the Devils top 10-12 best prospects? No.

Thats all we need to say.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does it suck to lose a free asset? Yes.

Is losing Kerfoot a big deal whatsoever? No.

Would Kerfoot be among the Devils top 10-12 best prospects? No.

Thats all we need to say.

Yeah people need to calm down. I'm especially surprised that DD cares about this guy so much, after years of (rightfully so) being a critic of Conte and our scouting staff under the old regime.

If he signs with the Rangers, I'd be more surprised that the Rangers were even interested enough in actually signing him.

There weren't too many of our fans that actually cared about him a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad