Injury Report: Kerfoot out indefinitely --- facial dental fractures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I was thinking, I bet Babs rotates the third line wingers with AM or JT. He will barely play Spezza and will still roll that 4th line out frequently.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Mikheyev is a top six guy and should be playing with Matthews or Tavares in my opinion.

Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kapanen could be among the best third lines in the league after some getting used to time for Kerfoot. Energy shutdown line with with scoring punch that would cause other teams coaches to have to be aware of them.

So many options not even tried by this coach of ours.

Tavares and Marner
Matthews and Nylander are solid no brainers to always keep together.

Fill in the blanks on the left side by players available like Timashov and Mikheyev on the left sides or by trade for big power forwards who will have more jam on Matthews left wing. I would really like a big power forward that drops the gloves,has some hands and good enough skater as to play well defensively with Willy and Matthews.

It would be very ironic if Richie were to become that big winger on the left side with Matthews/Willy and looks after anyone wanting to take liberties with his linemates.

I believe it would be a great idea to to try getting him from Anaheim. They have lots of big and less skill than we do. Potential there for a trade possible. This team needs some grit and mean badly.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Mikheyev is a top six guy and should be playing with Matthews or Tavares in my opinion.
I agree actually. Although he isn't playing I,e an elite level player like he was for the first 6 or so games, I think his skill set would do a lot to compliment Matthews and Nylander. Johnson doesn't really add anything to that line that Nylander and Matthews don't.

Reactions: qqaz

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I guess it's good that there wasn't any huge rush to release Spezza. Guys like him can make a big difference. Be it in attitude, professionalism, on the scoreboard, or, in redefining his game to be effective in shutdown role with an offensive threat when it arises. He already earned at least 1 point with his shootout goal under pressure against the Flyers.

I hope he plays smart so Babcock has confidence in him. Being a + player who doesn't take bad penalties would be huge. He's certainly going to get his opportunity now.

Reactions: qqaz and Magic Man

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
True.

Kadri is the better player.

Kerfoot might be the value player if Kadri declines in the next contract but I don’t think Kerfoot is a fair value trade when Barrie playing as is and when he leaves next year.

It was a terrible trade. That third of ours for their 6th is a absolute slap in the face for a kicker. That said, Kadri buried himself getting suspended last playoff and was being moved because of it.

This management made a decision out of anger trading him! Not a good way to manage regardless what Kadri did. A bad trade by Dubas.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Kerfoot might be the value player if Kadri declines in the next contract but I don’t think Kerfoot is a fair value trade when Barrie playing as is and when he leaves next year.

It was a terrible trade. That third of ours for their 6th is a absolute slap in the face for a kicker. That said, Kadri buried himself getting suspended last playoff and was being moved because of it.

This management made a decision out of anger trading him! Not a good way to manage regardless what Kadri did. A bad trade by Dubas.

It would look a lot better if Barrie were contributing. Kadri was being wasted on the third line.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
His speed creates a lot of opportunities but he doesn't have the finishing abilities of a good top 6 winger.

His value is that he can get the puck and the room to finish f0r Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Tavares his speed and skill level only enhances their chances, he also is a responsible to play on the defensive zone some thing the others fail at far too often.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
I guess that now again, head shots are allowed in the NHL. As long as you're taller than the guy you're hitting, if you just put your shoulder into his head, hey what can you do? It's just a hockey check, the guy is too short or he's bent over, I'm allowed to put my shoulder through his head.
I had hoped Dubas' strategy of small and fast would pan out but when your pp is a joke and the league isn't protecting smaller players from head shots, they have to adapt, it sucks.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
That may have been the best body check on a Leaf this season and if you made a highlight video of big hits on the Leafs this season it would actually probably be a pretty good watch. They just get corked out there.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Leafs had an extremely unreliable player in a depth position and a cap crunch.

The concept of the move was fine. Returning a D and a role player. This injury doesn’t help but let’s not pretend that Kadri wasn’t a massive playoff failure in the last two seasons.

I really don’t think we or this board needs to have another trial on this topic do we?

Reactions: qqaz and Leafsfan74

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
His speed creates a lot of opportunities but he doesn't have the finishing abilities of a good top 6 winger.

I love the kids hustle (Mikeyhev)...but it really is starting to look like he has Hyman Hand syndrome. He muffs a lot of shots that any other skilled guy pots for goals. I hope it's just the whole newness of playing here...but it looks like he will never be a good reliable top 6 kind of player. He has slowed down a lot in the last 10 games. Could be a multitude of reasons for this..but it is still a fact.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Babcock continues to find ways to manage the Cap.

Well Spezza used to be a centerman, although I'd experiment with Engvall.

He still is, but he used to too!

artworks-000109281534-ufppn9-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: qqaz

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Leafs had an extremely unreliable player in a depth position and a cap crunch.

The concept of the move was fine. Returning a D and a role player. This injury doesn’t help but let’s not pretend that Kadri wasn’t a massive playoff failure in the last two seasons.

I really don’t think we or this board needs to have another trial on this topic do we?

Kadri gets you there to be in the playoffs and makes defenders and forwards keep their head up etc. His multi elements of play aren't all there with Kerfoot.

This team misses Kadri's edge. Dubas blew it on this one big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad