Injury Report: Kerfoot out indefinitely --- facial dental fractures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I love the kids hustle (Mikeyhev)...but it really is starting to look like he has Hyman Hand syndrome. He muffs a lot of shots that any other skilled guy pots for goals. I hope it's just the whole newness of playing here...but it looks like he will never be a good reliable top 6 kind of player. He has slowed down a lot in the last 10 games. Could be a multitude of reasons for this..but it is still a fact.

He's shooting from low percentage areas. He needs to use the same skating to beat defenders for a few more feet of ice. He needs to drive the net harder off the rush and stop shooting from to far out.

Has to trust himself to drive the puck like the power forward he is ;)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri gets you there to be in the playoffs and makes defenders and forwards keep their head up etc. His multi elements of play aren't all there with Kerfoot.

This team misses Kadri's edge. Dubas blew it on this one big time.

We missed it in the playoffs last two years. Trading Kadri was entirely logical, not a good idea to go into the playoffs with that axe hanging over the team. Considering how Kadri's value had plummeted, Dubas did really well to get the return that he did.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Kadri gets you there to be in the playoffs and makes defenders and forwards keep their head up etc. His multi elements of play aren't all there with Kerfoot.

This team misses Kadri's edge. Dubas blew it on this one big time.

Kadri is a nice player who a) is too good to be a 3rd line C b) he lost his shit twice when it mattered most c) will very soon be on the wrong side of 30!

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I felt we had a pretty good long-term setup with Matthews/Tavares/Kadri/Goat down the middle. Add Spezza as an extra center and Nylander ready to step in it would have been perfect.

We were already soft and now were bottom of the league level in softness, so that didn't make it better.

Barrie's start isn't helping.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We missed it in the playoffs last two years. Trading Kadri was entirely logical, not a good idea to go into the playoffs with that axe hanging over the team. Considering how Kadri's value had plummeted, Dubas did really well to get the return that he did.

Dubas also blew it on keeping a ciach that defies him at every turn also. Maybe if Babcock was getting value i would be singing a different tune on the trade. Everything considered at this point it is bad. So maybe i should say to this point Dubas blew it. Thats likely the fairer/ true evaluation i have come to.

Kadri on his own is better than both in scoring. Thats not what i envisioned in the early part of camp. Babcock is much to blame for not getting the best out of a single player on the team.

Keefe behind the bench and maybe this is not even a issue. So its not all on Dubas. Babcock is dragging the team the wrong way and its no secret i would like him gone.

The team continuing to play mediocre the next 10 or 15 will get babs fired. Thats assuming Dubas has the brain to see it and act.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Dubas also blew it on keeping a ciach that defies him at every turn also. Maybe if Babcock was getting value i would be singing a different tune on the trade. Everything considered at this point it is bad. So maybe i should say to this point Dubas blew it. Thats likely the fairer/ true evaluation i have come to.

Kadri on his own is better than both in scoring. Thats not what i envisioned in the early part of camp. Babcock is much to blame for not getting the best out of a single player on the team.

Keefe behind the bench and maybe this is not even a issue. So its not all on Dubas. Babcock is dragging the team the wrong way and its no secret i would like him gone.

The team continuing to play mediocre the next 10 or 15 will get babs fired. Thats assuming Dubas has the brain to see it and act.

If you ignore that Kadri had a down year AND got suspended two years in a row in the playoffs, sure.

Reactions: qqaz and Menzinger

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I really do miss Kadri, it was fun watching him play. He never got hurt either, only suspended.

Now we can't even watch his replacement play.

Talk about a real void!

Dubas!

:baghead:

Reactions: Koolboss

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
If you ignore that Kadri had a down year AND got suspended two years in a row in the playoffs, sure.
Kadri was and still is a top 6 forward.

If a top 6 forward is moved out, then one should reasonably expect another top 6 forward to take his place.

No one is stepping up it seems.

Kadri was given away for a struggling defenceman, and a center who is 3rd line center bottom 6 player.

Dubas!

Reactions: Koolboss

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Kadri was and still is a top 6 forward.

If a top 6 forward is moved out, then one should reasonably expect another top 6 forward to take his place.

No one is stepping up it seems.

Kadri was given away for a struggling defenceman, and a center who is 3rd line center bottom 6 player.

Dubas!

This is not the same team, honestly doesn't hurt much when when we lose now

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Yeah well if you ignore he was still better than Kerfoot in a bad year go ahead. I’m not missing a thing here. You think i live in a closet or something and missed the suspensions. I don’t care if he had 9 of them he is still out scoring Barrie and Kerfoot. Not to mention we are losing almost $2,000,000 in salary cap and a third round draft pick to boot.

yeah ok I’m missing sonething. Itsxa great deal then

Reactions: DavePoulin4PM

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Maybe if Kerfoot is traded to another team, very good chance we are not making the playoffs this year.

Too much talent to worry about that. They’ll be fine to get in.

Wouldn’t buy any Round 2 tickets though if they don’t make grittier deadline moves.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Kadri has more goals and points than Kerfoot and Barrie combined. Just saying. Plus our third this coming draft and $1,750,000 in cap space lost. So he’s out for a toothache but the trade is a headache
In almost identical ES TOI, Kadri has 4G, 5A, and Kerfoot has 4G, 2A. Kadri has exactly double the PP TOI, and has 2G, 3A to Kerfoot's 1G, 1A.

Considering that Kadri plays on the second line and first PP unit, while Kerfoot plays on the third line and second PP unit, the difference is very small.

I'm disappointed in Barrie's performance, but quite pleased with Kerfoot.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I guess that now again, head shots are allowed in the NHL. As long as you're taller than the guy you're hitting, if you just put your shoulder into his head, hey what can you do? It's just a hockey check, the guy is too short or he's bent over, I'm allowed to put my shoulder through his head.
I had hoped Dubas' strategy of small and fast would pan out but when your pp is a joke and the league isn't protecting smaller players from head shots, they have to adapt, it sucks.

If that was one of our Canadian team boys doing that to one of their American team lads, our guy would be suspended several games. This is a two-tier league now. Now that Kadri is in the USA, he will begin to draw penalties again and won't get suspended for anything. Just watch.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah well if you ignore he was still better than Kerfoot in a bad year go ahead. I’m not missing a thing here. You think i live in a closet or something and missed the suspensions. I don’t care if he had 9 of them he is still out scoring Barrie and Kerfoot. Not to mention we are losing almost $2,000,000 in salary cap and a third round draft pick to boot.

yeah ok I’m missing sonething. Itsxa great deal then

I definitely care if he keeps getting suspended in the playoffs. Hard to outscore anyone from the pressbox.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
In almost identical ES TOI, Kadri has 4G, 5A, and Kerfoot has 4G, 2A. Kadri has exactly double the PP TOI, and has 2G, 3A to Kerfoot's 1G, 1A.

Considering that Kadri plays on the second line and first PP unit, while Kerfoot plays on the third line and second PP unit, the difference is very small.

I'm disappointed in Barrie's performance, but quite pleased with Kerfoot.

Oh i know our powerplay is off the chart good this year and we don't need him. :)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Oh i know our powerplay is off the chart good this year and we don't need him. :)
You missed my point. Kadri is scoring goals at exactly the same rate as Kerfoot at both ES and PP, despite playing with better linemates in both situations.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You missed my point. Kadri is scoring goals at exactly the same rate as Kerfoot at both ES and PP, despite playing with better linemates in both situations.

I would have preferred the better player be kept, the third round puck kept and the extra couple million cap space be saved. That combined with the Ceci qualification gives us gardiner and Kadri had they signed Gardiner to a 1 year deal or even just kept the space.

Everything involved there I don't and didn't exactly feel comfortable with.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
giphy.gif
Roflmao

Reactions: saltming

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I love the kids hustle (Mikeyhev)...but it really is starting to look like he has Hyman Hand syndrome. He muffs a lot of shots that any other skilled guy pots for goals. I hope it's just the whole newness of playing here...but it looks like he will never be a good reliable top 6 kind of player. He has slowed down a lot in the last 10 games. Could be a multitude of reasons for this..but it is still a fact.
He has one of the weakest shots I've ever seen. Absolutely no power or flex on his stick when he shoots. I think he was playing on rookie adrenaline from the 1st few games of being in the NHL early, same as Timashov.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I would have preferred the better player be kept, the third round puck kept and the extra couple million cap space be saved. That combined with the Ceci qualification gives us gardiner and Kadri had they signed Gardiner to a 1 year deal or even just kept the space.

Everything involved there I don't and didn't exactly feel comfortable with.
If Kerfoot is scoring at exactly the same rate as Kadri, despite playing with weaker players, why are you so sure that Kadri is better?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Barrie's season has been pathetic. That's making the trade look pretty bad, right now.

But Kerfoot has been as good, or better than expected. There should be no complaints about him when discussing the trade. The injury was a fluke, and can't be held against him either.

If Kadri broke his leg tomorrow, would anyone be saying "looks like we won the trade" then?

Reactions: notDatsyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig