Kerby Rychel

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He was a 1st round pick that could have gone higher.. a frame that could be a power forward if his skating improves... Rychel should only be traded if someone over pays for him - he's going to Syracuse to keep getting better

If I'm Rychel's Dad or his agent, I'm meeting with the FO too, just not in as pretentious a manner, i.e. no one would ever know that meeting even took place - maybe over a Hyde Parke steak and a nice scotch.

To make the meeting so deliberate probably wasn't a good thing

We are trading him to Tampa Bay?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Would like to see him skate on our 3rd line for 20 games at some point this season. I'm sure injuries will facilitate that at some point.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
He was a 1st round pick that could have gone higher.. a frame that could be a power forward if his skating improves... Rychel should only be traded if someone over pays for him - he's going to Syracuse to keep getting better

If I'm Rychel's Dad or his agent, I'm meeting with the FO too, just not in as pretentious a manner, i.e. no one would ever know that meeting even took place - maybe over a Hyde Parke steak and a nice scotch.

To make the meeting so deliberate probably wasn't a good thing

Syracuse? That was two affiliations ago

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Syracuse.. Springfield.. Cleveland

You folks are so literal you kill me,, you really do. For the guy that got past the Syracuse gaff and got stuck on deliberate.. I am merely saying that Rychel's Dad & his agent should have asked for the meeting in private - to put the spotlight on the meeting puts everyone on the defensive.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
You folks are so literal you kill me,, you really do. For the guy that got past the Syracuse gaff and got stuck on deliberate.. I am merely saying that Rychel's Dad & his agent should have asked for the meeting in private - to put the spotlight on the meeting puts everyone on the defensive.

Gaffe?

:sarcasm:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He deserves it more than Wennberg/Karlsson/Bourque/Clarkson/Bol he's outproduced or is close to having more points than all of them.. All while on the fourth line

Pause. Sure, you could say he 'deserves' it more than Bourque/Clarkson/Boll... But Karlsson and Wennberg.... Nah. Sorry pal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He deserves it more than Wennberg/Karlsson/Bourque/Clarkson/Bol he's outproduced or is close to having more points than all of them.. All while on the fourth line

He's on a two way deal (so edge to Boll, Clarkson, Bourque) and doesn't play center (edge to Karlsson, Wennberg). I think Karlsson and Wennberg are here to stay unless they get traded. While Kerby has looked better than the other wingers, the Jackets won't waive Boll because he's been playing better, and is valuable in the room. We all know Clarkson is unmovable via waivers or trade, and there's no sense to waiving Bourque so Kerby can play 4th line ice time. Kerby's time will come next year, but barring tons of injuries or an absolute herculean effort he's likely going to be in Lake Erie this time next week (or whenever two of Boll/Wennberg/Clarkson come back).

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He's on a two way deal (so edge to Boll, Clarkson, Bourque) and doesn't play center (edge to Karlsson, Wennberg). I think Karlsson and Wennberg are here to stay unless they get traded. While Kerby has looked better than the other wingers, the Jackets won't waive Boll because he's been playing better, and is valuable in the room. We all know Clarkson is unmovable via waivers or trade, and there's no sense to waiving Bourque so Kerby can play 4th line ice time. Kerby's time will come next year, but barring tons of injuries or an absolute herculean effort he's likely going to be in Lake Erie this time next week (or whenever two of Boll/Wennberg/Clarkson come back).

What's the difference between this year and next that makes you say he will play then? As far as I can tell team will basically be the same..

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
How so? 2 A in 5 GP and a +1. What has wennberg done? And aside from Karlssons night with 2 G what has he done?

Karlsson is Tortorella's favorite forward, and maybe our most consistent forward from start to now of this year. It's not all about stats.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What's the difference between this year and next that makes you say he will play then? As far as I can tell team will basically be the same..

Bourque is gone for sure, who knows about Boll, Wennberg, Jenner (likely to come back, but who knows right?), Calvert, Atkinson, and even Hartnell.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I'm just saying the swedes can't score and honestly are not that great defensively either imho

You're entitled to your opinion, but the coach obviously disagrees with you, and pretty greatly so considering Karlsson and Wennberg get tons of PK time.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Bourque is gone for sure, who knows about Boll, Wennberg, Jenner (likely to come back, but who knows right?), Calvert, Atkinson, and even Hartnell.

Just don't see an opening then either. The franchise has made it out that wennberg is going to be great but he I sn't even the best player of the 3 we drafted that round.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
You're entitled to your opinion, but the coach obviously disagrees with you, and pretty greatly so considering Karlsson and Wennberg get tons of PK time.

Look obviously you're a wennberg fan and you'll defend him till the day you die but, I don't know what's great about someone who's not gonna score or even chip in at all, and Karlsson is also like -10 btw that's not exactly Selke material

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Rychel was good last year in his time up here and he has been this year. He always seems to make an impact yet he's the one Jarmo is throwing around in trades.. If we trade him it'll come back to haunt us

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Just don't see an opening then either. The franchise has made it out that wennberg is going to be great but he I sn't even the best player of the 3 we drafted that round.

I think that's very premature. Could it be right? Sure, but right now Kerby can't crack the lineup on a bottom tier team and Dano has only looked OK at best by most accounts in Chicago.

I posted not too long ago that I don't know if Wennberg's offensive game will ever develop, but I still think his skating, defense, and smarts will be a value for the team. Kerby has a place here someday, he easily could have made the team out of camp but was outshined by Karlsson. He's right on the verge, but he's not there yet. He had a great pass tonight, but other than that, I didn't see much and even when he's shown alot, it hasn't been enough IMO to keep him on the team over Bourque. At least this year.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
I think that's very premature. Could it be right? Sure, but right now Kerby can't crack the lineup on a bottom tier team and Dano has only looked OK at best by most accounts in Chicago.

I posted not too long ago that I don't know if Wennberg's offensive game will ever develop, but I still think his skating, defense, and smarts will be a value for the team. Kerby has a place here someday, he easily could have made the team out of camp but was outshined by Karlsson. He's right on the verge, but he's not there yet. He had a great pass tonight, but other than that, I didn't see much and even when he's shown alot, it hasn't been enough IMO to keep him on the team over Bourque. At least this year.

So by that logic what has wennberg shown that warrants he stays other than PK? Feel like the only reason is because he's a center. Maybe he can just be our fourth line center for next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad