Rumor: Kerby Rychel being offered in exchange for a D man

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 11m 11 minutes ago

One other thing: CLB looking for D and hearing Kerby Rychel's name out there. Jackets are loaded with good, young forwards. He has value.

Ugh....

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 11m 11 minutes ago

One other thing: CLB looking for D and hearing Kerby Rychel's name out there. Jackets are loaded with good, young forwards. He has value.

Ugh....

Why the "ugh"? Taking a position of depth/strength and helping a position of weakness isn't unheard of in this league. Plus Wennberg and Dano have passed him on the depth chart.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Both of our 2nds
Merrill or Gelinas
+ a forward prospect not named Boucher or Qunnville

?

I'd prefer to do Gelinas, FLA's 2nd and Matteau but I think it will take Merrill instead

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Why the "ugh"? Taking a position of depth/strength and helping a position of weakness isn't unheard of in this league. Plus Wennberg and Dano have passed him on the depth chart.

Wing is a position of depth? Jenner has graduated, Dano is close, and we have Milano and Bjork. Who else? I'm not crazy about this, I understand it, but not entirely thrilled unless we get a really good defender.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Wing is a position of depth? Jenner has graduated, Dano is close, and we have Milano and Bjork. Who else? I'm not crazy about this, I understand it, but not entirely thrilled unless we get a really good defender.

Jenner, Foligno, Hartnell, Calvert, Atkinson, Dano, Bourque, Clarkson, Morin, Boll, Tropp on the active roster.

I didn't say "prospect depth". Rychel isn't making the team this year. We need D help this year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

In a perfect world we keep him, but if I have to trade one forward for a defenseman, he is the guy.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I wonder if the Jets try to offer Columbus big Buff for Rychel. Could see them asking for RFA Calvert as well as they had interest in him at the deadline.

That would be a big pass for me. I wouldn't do it straight up. I want someone young and who isn't going to be a UFA that soon.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
still say Wennberg for Ellis or Wennberg ++ for Seth Jones would be our best way to work something out...I dunno if Rychel and Wennberg is fair value, but its probably getting us close to him...

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
still say Wennberg for Ellis or Wennberg ++ for Seth Jones would be our best way to work something out...I dunno if Rychel and Wennberg is fair value, but its probably getting us close to him...

Gross. I don't trade Wennberg unless its an overpay.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I was asked on Twitter if I would trade him for Jake Gardiner. I wasn't sure. Would you guys? Rychel seems like the type of forward Toronto would like.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Rychel+Prout for Ellis or Rychel+Tyutin+2nd for Seth Jones? Idk how close in value these two proposals are.

If a trade were to be consummated for a solid top 4 (hopefully future top 2) d-man, this could open up the possibility that management could be looking to draft Rantanen at #8 if they think Provorov and Hanifin will be off the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad