Speculation: Kent Hughes press conference (Jan 18 12:30PM TSN690)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He won't outright say it, buy I do hope he'll give strong indications that we're in sell/rebuild mode for the rest of the season. There's no point in hiding it and you don't want to half ass it either. Might as well send a clear message to the coaching staff and the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Kent Hughes announces he will be stepping down effective immediately and Marc Bergevin appears before us with even bigger biceps than ever.

Bergevin quickly announces that the team needs to move in a new direction and hires the much improved Micheal Therrien.

Theories then proceeds to talk about how he spent the past 15 months in Tibet with the monks and budists to become a better person than all of us . He also states he figured out a way to turn Caufield into the NHL's best grinder.
:)

MB2.jpg

SSJn.gif

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin used to be known as a guy working the phones too
Yeah but he was working them phones calling for deals on supplements and better hotdogs.

I see this as a message to the other GM's way more than it is to us fans or to the media. This, to me at least, is the announcing of the upcoming trade deadline extravaganza-GANZA-ganza! Shop now! We're selling!

Unfortunately; what we're selling is water damaged warehouse stock that went out of fashion some years ago and has noticeable stains and signs of wear. You all know the type of sale I'm alluding to.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Post the questions you want the media to ask cause I am sure some members in the media will be reading parts of this thread to get some ideas about questions.

1) How is Caufield's extension going without talking specifics? Are you looking at bridge and long term options?

2) How do you see Slaf's development going so far. Lots of fans say he should be bigger minutes in the AHL.

3) Are you in talks with GM's on buyer teams? Is available cap space a bigger problem this deadline than last deadline?

4) What do you see next season looking like? Another learn on the fly season or do you expect the Habs to push for a playoff spot? Plans on spending cap space this summer? Or keeping the roster open for more youth to earn spots?

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Post the questions you want the media to ask cause I am sure some members in the media will be reading parts of this thread to get some ideas about questions.

1) How is Caufield's extension going without talking specifics? Are you looking at bridge and long term options?

2) How do you see Slaf's development going so far. Lots of fans say he should be bigger minutes in the AHL.

3) Are you in talks with GM's on buyer teams? Is available cap space a bigger problem this deadline than last deadline?

4) What do you see next season looking like? Another learn on the fly season or do you expect the Habs to push for a playoff spot? Plans on spending cap space this summer? Or keeping the roster open for more youth to earn spots?
Good Qs. Not sure who reads these from the media but I’d like to know his stance on drafting Russian players now

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Any way I can listen to this? TSN's website gives me a 502 bad gateway error when I click their listen live link

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Those seem like questions that should actually be asked, which means they won't be asked.

Montreal media is complete ass. Read that.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad