Speculation: Kent Hughes press conference (Jan 18 12:30PM TSN690)

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Creating a thread for people to post anything of interest coming out of the conference tomorrow ahead of the TDL.

I assume he’ll finally come out to say that we’re sellers without using the actual word. Probably something generic like “we’re going to make moves that improve the club and promote a sustainable winning culture”

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This bald head is real. Hot dogs in Bell Center are not made of eyes and bull's b*lls, we don't lose games to pick Bedard and I wear leather underwear. Bla-bla-bla, the usual narrative. Nothing new.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Creating a thread for people to post anything of interest coming out of the conference tomorrow ahead of the TDL.

I assume he’ll finally come out to say that we’re sellers without using the actual word. Probably something generic like “we’re going to make moves that improve the club and promote a sustainable winning culture”

Molson just said in an interview that they are in a rebuild. Even Montembeault said publicly that the organisation told the players last season. So they’re not lowkey in what they say, some just don’t want to understand or read between the lines lol when Hughes said they wanted a first round pick at the deadline not too long ago, it’s pretty telling.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Kent Hughes announces he will be stepping down effective immediately and Marc Bergevin appears before us with even bigger biceps than ever.

Bergevin quickly announces that the team needs to move in a new direction and hires the much improved Micheal Therrien.

Theories then proceeds to talk about how he spent the past 15 months in Tibet with the monks and budists to become a better person than all of us . He also states he figured out a way to turn Caufield into the NHL's best grinder.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I suspect Hughes will be bringing up some of this:

A more flexible approach like what?

Having less dumb GMs?

Kent houghes announces he will be stepping down effective immediately and Marc Bergevin appears before us with even bigger biceps than ever.

Bergevin quickly announces that the team needs to move in a new direction and hires the much improved Micheal Therrien.

Theories then proceeds to talk about how he spent the past 15 months in Tibet with the monks and budists to become a better person than all of us . He also states he figured out a way to turn Caufield into the NHL's best grinder.
I'd rather be in a real Nightmare on Elm Street movie than having this nightmare you just described.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Molson just said in an interview that they are in a rebuild. Even Montembeault said publicly that the organisation told the players last season. So they’re not lowkey in what they say, some just don’t want to understand or read between the lines lol when Hughes said they wanted a first round pick at the deadline not too long ago, it’s pretty telling.
First time I hear management actually say the R word

Reactions: SlafySZN

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Hughes: I am going to step down from GM and becoming the new GM for the LA Kings, I love my son so much and I want to be with him. Now let me introduce to you the new GM of the Habs.......Chuck Fletcher.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
What is a 20% price incerase when you get 400% better hot dogs? I mean those hot dogs are not fast food brother they are la crème de la crème. Le caviar des hot dogs.
Prestige! Levels of which we have never seen at the Bell Center before! Not even when it was the Molson Center!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
why is it is so important for them to vocalize what we can all see with our own eyes?

You guys want a Pierre Dorion type of GM who tells you every last detail on his mind, no matter how utterly ridiculous it is.

Dorion told us the rebuild is over.

He was right.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad