Ken Holland's pursuit to upgrade the blue line

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
With regards to Quincey, I've been saying on here for a long time that we have been using him wrong. Babcock finally realized that playing him with Smith and hoping that he will use his size as a defensive defenseman was the wrong idea. Ever since Babcock broke them up Quincey has been one of our better defensemen. Had we realized that from the get go, people here probably wouldn't hate him so damn much.

As for a trade, I'm a bit torn about Petry, does trading for him really put us over the hump as a contender? I don't think so. Even when he is playing his best game, I don't think he does. Now, if we had a number one defenseman or a second number two calibre player like Kronwall, Petry could be that missing piece we'd need on D for a long playoff run. As it is now, I'd focus on getting that 1-3 guy and if we can get him and swing Petry, I'm all for it. If we can get Myers for something that isn't ridiculous, I really like that move, as I think babcock is the type of coach that could whip his ass into shape. If we could get something close to rookie Myers for the remainder of the year, we are a better team.

As for our young defensemen, none of them really blow me away, so I'm fine with parting anyone of them if they bring back a high quality player in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad