News Article: Ken Dryden on Carey Price (playoff 2015 2nd round)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Come on man, whats the connection with Halak and what I said?

6 goals in 24 shots are you seriously gonna tell me it wasnt bad?

No one is saying it was a great performance by Price. We're saying it would have been better if he had a better team (and coach) in front of him.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
No one is saying it was a great performance by Price. We're saying it would have been better if he had a better team (and coach) in front of him.

Exactly how I feel. Bad game by Price but he didn't get much help either

Laps40

Dec 16, 2006
Montreal
well when you carry all the weight of the team success on your shoulders and they keep failing it's kinda normal to have a bad one. I mean, Price has great mental toughness but for sure he gotta feel left alone when the guys in front of him are playing like **** and taking dumb penalties over and over. I will never blame Price ...he's the sole reason we're in the playoffs and in second round.

Blame Therrien, Bergevin, Pacioretty, Pleky, Galchy, Subban, Prust etc but not Price.

Dryden is right.

Davebo*

Genesis76, is merely stating

No. It's not 'merely stating' when it comes to Price and this 'poster'. Look up his post history. He's been trolling Price since we got rid of Halak.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
well when you carry all the weight of the team success on your shoulders and they keep failing it's kinda normal to have a bad one. I mean, Price has great mental toughness but for sure he gotta feel left alone when the guys in front of him are playing like **** and taking dumb penalties over and over. I will never blame Price ...he's the sole reason we're in the playoffs and in second round.

Blame Therrien, Bergevin, Pacioretty, Pleky, Galchy, Subban, Prust etc but not Price.

Dryden is right.

Subban?

You mean the only player who shows up game after game? The closest guy to a jersey retirement? that guy?

no thanks, id rather blame one game on Price and call it as it is than blame a habs legend in the making.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I completely get it when people are crapping on Galchenyuk

I understand with reason when people crap on Patches

I disagree for the most part when the subban haters come out, but acknowlwdge that he still has flaws.

But Price? Nah. Not having a loonie of it.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Subban?

You mean the only player who shows up game after game? The closest guy to a jersey retirement? that guy?

no thanks, id rather blame one game on Price and call it as it is than blame a habs legend in the making.

Then that proves it...you really are dilusional.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Subban?

Price just had one of the best goalie seasons in the history of the NHL and you say Subban is a legend in the making, not Price?? Seems legit..

Price isn't to blame for the last game. We scored 2 goals. Sure, Price could have made more saves and pulled another miracle out of his ass when TB is cycling the puck freely on the PP making our guys look like headless chickens, but he didn't. That's not something you blame on your goalie.

We have scored 9 goals in last 6 games. NINE freaking goals!!! That means we can't give a 2 goal cushion to Price regularly. Actually, we give him 2 goals every 2nd game. The rest of the time it's 1 goal. We scored 2 goals Sunday, so if the trend continues, Price will need to shutout the Bolts tonight.
You realize how insane this is? If you're going to blame anymore, blame the terrible offense.

Seriously, get your head out of the sand.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
"For more than a season, during years that his career of superstardom should have been taking off, he was booed by fans and criticized by the media. They needed the Canadiens to win desperately. For Price, trying to rescue a drowning man, the drowning man was drowning him."

Great to see Ken Dryden acknowledging this. He understands what it's like to be in the pressure cooker. Awesome to see him backing up Price.
Why do we keep on making excuses for Price's bad perfomances? It was a crappy perfomance theres no need to analyse this more than it should.

The team dint help him for sure no one played well. Price was the worst player on the ice big deal, 1 bad game per series is perfectly reasonable.
Nonsense.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Why do we keep on making excuses for Price's bad perfomances? It was a crappy perfomance theres no need to analyse this more than it should.

The team dint help him for sure no one played well. Price was the worst player on the ice big deal, 1 bad game per series is perfectly reasonable.

I can't agree with this...sorry.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price just had one of the best goalie seasons in the history of the NHL and you say Subban is a legend in the making, not Price?? Seems legit..

Price isn't to blame for the last game. We scored 2 goals. Sure, Price could have made more saves and pulled another miracle out of his ass when TB is cycling the puck freely on the PP making our guys look like headless chickens, but he didn't. That's not something you blame on your goalie.

We have scored 9 goals in last 6 games. NINE freaking goals!!! That means we can't give a 2 goal cushion to Price regularly. Actually, we give him 2 goals every 2nd game. The rest of the time it's 1 goal. We scored 2 goals Sunday, so if the trend continues, Price will need to shutout the Bolts tonight.
You realize how insane this is? If you're going to blame anymore, blame the terrible offense.

Seriously, get your head out of the sand.

So one great season makes fora whole career? O Rallyyy?

Subban has been Elite for 5 years now.

And BTW legends are born in the playoffs.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

It so much different for goalies. Saying what your saying would be simple since Subban has no cups either.

Let's face it, those are 2 great players, but it takes a team and this team has no offensive intimidations whats so ever....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Lol.. What bad goal did he give up in that game other than the first one?

You can't let Halak go.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

I would think that last years 2.32 GAA and .927 sv pct would qualify as great...this year he was outstanding.

By your definition, Halak has never had a great season then as he never had a save percentage over .926 in the NHL for a season (unless you count the 6 games he played for Montreal in 2007-2008).

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I would think that last years 2.32 GAA and .927 sv pct would qualify as great...this year he was outstanding.

By your definition, Halak has never had a great season then as he never had a save percentage over .926 in the NHL for a season (unless you count the 6 games he played for Montreal in 2007-2008).

Who cares about Halak right now?

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Who cares about Halak right now?

@genesis76. Don't change your stance because your being criticized. your 100 percent right. Price stunk it up last game and has been subpar in the playoffs his entire career. A lot of people just listen to the announcers go "on and on" about price. He let in 5 goals but man was he ever spectacular....give me a break.

and to be fair people say Price is carrying the habs...well NOBODY carried them the way Halak did a few years back. That's a level Price has yet to play at when it comes to playoff hockey. Although I'd take Price over halak now...before ppl start to put words in my mouth

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
@genesis76. Don't change your stance because your being criticized. your 100 percent right. Price stunk it up last game and has been subpar in the playoffs his entire career. A lot of people just listen to the announcers go "on and on" about price. He let in 5 goals but man was he ever spectacular....give me a break.

and to be fair people say Price is carrying the habs...well NOBODY carried them the way Halak did a few years back. That's a level Price has yet to play at when it comes to playoff hockey. Although I'd take Price over halak now...before ppl start to put words in my mouth

"Subpar in the playoffs in his entire career"

Like really? Subpar... playoffs.... entire career?!?!

Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of your credibility flying out the window.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Yes.

6 goals in 24 shots

a few empty netters

Face off% over 50%

no player under -1

Did you actually watch the game or just look at the boxscore? :help:

Price's play was not the reason the team lost. Probably not even in the top 50 reasons the habs lost game 2.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Come on man, whats the connection with Halak and what I said?

6 goals in 24 shots are you seriously gonna tell me it wasnt bad?

My kid has a curfew, it's 930pm, 9 times out of 10, she's bang on, if on that 10th time, she comes in at 945pm, I dont say a damn thing.....

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
@MICHELANGELO - Why do you think that way?

like really entire career...sub par? really?

instead of attacking me saying "your credibility is flying out the window"...why don't you give me some stats. or some points to back it up.

People say Price is the best goalie in the world, and I'll admit he's had one heck of a season to back that up. BUT he hasn't been at that level in the playoffs.

Really...sub par...really? YES. Look at his playoff stats...they're not great. And certainly don't live up to the lofty expectations of "the great" Carey Price.

Name me one playoff series he stole for us?

Is he a great goalie...yes. Does he deserve to be considered with the elite...yes. Is he a great playoff goalie. NO, he's mediocre and subpar (and the numbers show that)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A friendly reminder folks, it's against the rules to call somebody you disagree with a 'troll.' You can use the ignore feature, you can rebut their posts or you can just leave the thread if you wish. I've deleted a bunch of posts and I'd hate to give out infractions.

By all means respond to the posts but remove the word 'troll' from your vocabulary on these boards. Thanks!

LG

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
jordy said:
@MICHELANGELO - Why do you think that way?
I think it's fairly obvious that Price has been mostly stellar since the 2011 season in the playoffs. If you'd rather have Halak that's fine - but don't expect many people to agree with you. It's an old debate and it was lost by the Halak side long ago.

Let it go man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad