Ken Dryden course at McGill

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I took this class in 2012. Probably the easiest class I took at McGill, aside from Pop Music. He is extremely lax on essays and they held around 75% of the grade weighting when I took it. Not sure of your major but it will be a cakewalk if it is anything in Arts.

My roommate took it the year after me as per such recommendations. He woke up late one morning and realized one of the papers was due; started it half an hour before the class, finished it in 2 hours, and made it to class late to hand it in (was, and probably still is, a 3 hour class). He still managed to get an A-...believe the paper was on innovation in Canadian entrepreneurship or some other such nonsense.

PS: did not notice the comment on lethargic public speaking. you are on point.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I got Dryden's autograph at a game once, after his retirement. My dad told me I should go get that guy's autograph, it was at an OHL game..

I walked up to him, realized I didn't have any game gear on (well I had my game gear, sega hand held, come on 80's babies you know what I mean).. Anyway's it was between my northern getaway tyrannosaurus Rex T-shirt or my black Adidas Hat. I chose the hat, he had to sign the inside of the hat, was the only white part. I never stopped wearing the hat, and I sweat the signature away.

And that's my story!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I kinda am. I'd love to have Dryden as my prof. :(
What if you were were disappointed with your final grade? You still have to do good work even though you admire the professor for his athletic accomplishments as well as his knowledge base.

void

Jan 5, 2006
What if you were were disappointed with your final grade? You still have to do good work even though you admire the professor for his athletic accomplishments as well as his knowledge base.

Of course! I think I'd be motivated more than ever to perform well. Wouldn't want to disappoint such a legend.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You guys should take good classes, and failing that, classes to meet girls maybe. I once took a stats class just because this beautiful friend was in it, we dated six months later lol.

But mostly take good classes. Don't seek the greatnessof other men so that you can bask in their glow. Try and be that great man yourself.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
You guys should take good classes, and failing that, classes to meet girls maybe. I once took a stats class just because this beautiful friend was in it, we dated six months later lol.

But mostly take good classes. Don't seek the greatnessof other men so that you can bask in their glow. Try and be that great man yourself.

Wisdom.

You'll always find a better girl in class, or at a cafe, or in a bookstore, than you will in a bar or at a party. Unfortunately most of my generation fails to grasp this concept

That being said: Art History has the highest female:male ratio at McGill. 62:3 in the last Art History class I took there. :handclap:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
You'll always find a better girl in class, or at a cafe, or in a bookstore, than you will in a bar or at a party. Unfortunately most of my generation fails to grasp this concept

Except no.

The girl you meet at the cafe or the bookstore doesn't live there you know. She goes out to bars and parties as well like everybody else.

You meet her at the bookstore or the bar it's the same fricking girl.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Same guy who took 1973-74 off to get a pay raise-never was a team guy and ask his team mates which player was quite it was Ken.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
Same guy who took 1973-74 off to get a pay raise-never was a team guy and ask his team mates which player was quite it was Ken.

The Canadiens were a money printing machine and John Davidson was making more than him. Plus he needed to article to finish his law degree. Good move.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Ken cost the team a cup plus Ken was not the most popular guy among team mates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad