Ken Dryden course at McGill

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I met him on campus once. He was just sitting on the ledge of the McClennan Library cat-walk by himself. No one seem to noticed who he was. So I went up to him and asked "excuse me, but are you Ken Dryden?" He responded to me, "well, yes, yes I am." He took the time to talk to me for about 45 minutes, right there on the ledge near the McClennan library.

It was mostly him talking. He spoke to me about the habs, politics and his course that he's lecturing at McGill. What a great man.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I met him on campus once. He was just sitting on the ledge of the McClennan Library cat-walk by himself. No one seem to noticed who he was. So I went up to him and asked "excuse me, but are you Ken Dryden?" He responded to me, "well, yes, yes I am." He took the time to talk to me for about 45 minutes, right there on the ledge near the McClennan library.

It was mostly him talking. He spoke to me about the habs, politics and his course that he's lecturing at McGill. What a great man.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS COURSE lol I can't believe I'm gonna be taught by a legend... for a whole semester. And I would talk Habs with him any day of the week haha

I'm in life sci.. but nothing wrong with taking an arts class if Ken Dryden's the instructor haha.

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

Thats so cool, if I was going to McGill I'd defnitely attend even if it has nothing to do with my field of study. Apart from being a legend he seems like a very interesting man, Im sure just about anybody could really enjoy his class. He was always my grandfather's favorite player because he quit hockey to finish school.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS COURSE lol I can't believe I'm gonna be taught by a legend... for a whole semester. And I would talk Habs with him any day of the week haha

But, there are two of you in your avatar. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why must my other head an I be split geographically? My other head an I would probably be split temporally if you know what I mean haha

Well, however you're doing it, whether as one person, two, two-headed, geographically-split or otherwise, congrats on getting into the course. Looking forward to any feedback you may provide throughout your semester.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Well, however you're doing it, whether as one person, two, two-headed, geographically-split or otherwise, congrats on getting into the course. Looking forward to any feedback you may provide throughout your semester.

hahaha thanks, I'll update you guys

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Ken dryden spoke to you ( with him doing most of the talking) for a whole 45 minutes?

He must have been in a hurry for another appointment, he could have stretched it out to 2 or 3 hours, easy.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Ken dryden spoke to you ( with him doing most of the talking) for a whole 45 minutes?

He must have been in a hurry for another appointment, he could have stretched it out to 2 or 3 hours, easy.

Funny you say that, I had to cut the convo short because I had class :laugh:. If I hadn't he would have continued speaking.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I'm sure I'd be able to last through a whole semester with a Food Ethics course if Dryden was the guy giving the lecture :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If I went to McGill, I'd take that even though it has nothing to do with my major. And to think, if I hadn't ****ed around in my first year, I could've transferred to McGill like I'd always wanted, instead of UOttawa... :(

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If I went to McGill, I'd take that even though it has nothing to do with my major. And to think, if I hadn't ****ed around in my first year, I could've transferred to McGill like I'd always wanted, instead of UOttawa... :(

I went to uottawa also...meh.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
While it would be cool to take a course taught by Ken Dryden giving his life history, I also imagine it would be incredibly, incredibly dull. Honestly - have you ever heard the guy talk? He's really smart, but so, so boring.

From RateMyProfessor:
If you enjoy participating in class discussion, public policy writing and left wing politics, I would recommend this course. Dryden does offer some good insights, though his speaking style is quite ponderous. Class evaluation is based on participation and essays which require you to think like Dryden. (fortunately he leaves very helpful comments)

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013

thats awesome! The best I can say is I saw Kelly Hrudey at the University of Calgary lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad