Management Kelly named assistant, McQuaid player development, Mougenel HC Providence

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
can`t teach toughness but one can certainly teach technique and that is precisely what Frederic needs

On another note, how long til Z signs on as an assistant or something else in the organization?

Assuming the words by Sweeney are truly how the end occurred I can't imagine Chara goes anywhere else post career... I also expect he will play another season.

Reactions: Ladyfan and TCB

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Love Chris Kelly and Quaider… nothing but support from me for these two moves. Aside from the draft, this is my favourite play of the entire off-season. Bruins legends who played the game the right way and I love that they have roles in the current organization.

And I’m sorry to Mougenel, as I just don’t know enough about him to offer an opinion. I will say I have confidence that the right decisions are being made on this level.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love Chris Kelly and Quaider… nothing but support from me for these two moves. Aside from the draft, this is my favourite play of the entire off-season. Bruins legends who played the game the right way and I love that they have roles in the current organization.

And I’m sorry to Mougenel, as I just don’t know enough about him to offer an opinion. I will say I have confidence that the right decisions are being made on this level.
I know nothing about Mougenel either, looked him up, said his last playing days team was with Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies....good enough for me:)

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I know nothing about Mougenel either, looked him up, said his last playing days team was with Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies....good enough for me:)

Mougenel is just as responsible for guys like Lauzon, Clifton and Zboril beaming NHL players as Jay Leach himself is. Really, really good coach with a firm grasp on what it takes to get players trending in the right direction, ultimately taking step after step forward. His work with the defensemen specifically has been living in the shadow for a few years now.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The player development coordinator’s job is to serve as a touch point between the organization and its prospects. In a normal season, he will typically travel around to see the various players where they are and observe them practicing, playing games and monitor their progress. He serves as a feedback loop for the player and helps build a relationship between that player and the B’s. At the same time, McQuaid’s job is to evaluate and report back to the GM and hockey operations staff on the progress and provide input for the signing process later on.

Having Kelly and McQuaid on board is another step toward reinforcing the winning culture of the past decade in Boston. Both players and teammates were respected when they wore the Spoked-B for their character, toughness and work ethic. They both battled hard to establish themselves in the NHL and will be able to relate to the Boston prospects at any level, bringing with them an unimpeachable credibility.

As for Mougenel, he was never attached to the Boston organization as a player, but has developed a sterling reputation in the AHL over the past year working primarily with the Providence defensemen. He ran a tight ship in the development camp and showed himself to be a capable leader and teacher with the way he interacted with the players. The 45-year-old Ontario native was a rugged minor league forward who spent most of his six seasons riding the buses in the ECHL.

Bruins Brunch: Coaching changes and why Linus Ullmark will succeed in Boston (hockeyjournal.com)

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The player development coordinator’s job is to serve as a touch point between the organization and its prospects. In a normal season, he will typically travel around to see the various players where they are and observe them practicing, playing games and monitor their progress. He serves as a feedback loop for the player and helps build a relationship between that player and the B’s. At the same time, McQuaid’s job is to evaluate and report back to the GM and hockey operations staff on the progress and provide input for the signing process later on.

Having Kelly and McQuaid on board is another step toward reinforcing the winning culture of the past decade in Boston. Both players and teammates were respected when they wore the Spoked-B for their character, toughness and work ethic. They both battled hard to establish themselves in the NHL and will be able to relate to the Boston prospects at any level, bringing with them an unimpeachable credibility.

As for Mougenel, he was never attached to the Boston organization as a player, but has developed a sterling reputation in the AHL over the past year working primarily with the Providence defensemen. He ran a tight ship in the development camp and showed himself to be a capable leader and teacher with the way he interacted with the players. The 45-year-old Ontario native was a rugged minor league forward who spent most of his six seasons riding the buses in the ECHL.

Bruins Brunch: Coaching changes and why Linus Ullmark will succeed in Boston (hockeyjournal.com)
Any thoughts on doing a off-season wrap up with the three amigos or maybe 4 amigos if you get Kirk in there. That would be a must listen for all of us.:thumbu::naughty::nod:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Any thoughts on doing a off-season wrap up with the three amigos or maybe 4 amigos if you get Kirk in there. That would be a must listen for all of us.:thumbu::naughty::nod:

That's a question for @BruinsNetwork.

I have been telling him for two years he needs to do a regular podcast. But life has gotten in the way. He's rebranding so I'm not sure where he is at. Maybe ya'll can ride his ass a little.

Reactions: chizzler and Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Love it

I know 0.0 of Providence head coach until I asked an employee who works with them and said Ryan would be an excellent choice

he is an outsider not the Bruins/Devils/Dallas guys they brought in a few years back so they must really like him

great for McQuaid

Loved that but my favorite and probably one of his three best fights was when he went after Jon Scott after he thres a cheap shot on someone.

I don’t recall him winning that one, but definitely a strong showing against one of the biggest and best at the time.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
McQuaid jumping Scott while Krug and Bergeron just stood there with their tail between the legs

It would do no good for either Marchand or Bergy to try and take scott out. Both were in front of the play and did not see it. It isn't fair to say these two wouldn't stand up for their team mates as both have in the past.

Man scott is huge. Quaider did well as usual. Looks like he won that scrap. God I love Adam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad