Management Kelly named assistant, McQuaid player development, Mougenel HC Providence

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I certainly do. Is the Providence guy from outside the organization? I never heard of him.

Having all these same guys is like sitting in a room of all the same political party.

I believe he was an assistant there a couple of years ago- not sure what happened last year. Maybe he took a Covid leave?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m fine with it, the new providence coach was the assistant so more of the same. Would like to get some new eyes in there since they haven’t been able to develop a forward to save their lives that doesn’t have elite all world talent like a Pastrnak
The Rangers just drafted Othmann, Korczak and Grubbs in the first 3 rounds bypassing world class talent to get 200 foot guys because they have Lafreniere Kakko Kvartsov Kreider Zib & Strome and Bread Man

When your freezer is full of meat you buy vegetables. The Bruins drafted based on having Bergeron Krejci Marchand Pastrnak and they thought DeBrusk

the Lysell & Harrison picks tell you all you need to know

Studnicka Beecher Frederic Lauko Kuntar all guys taken in top 3 rounds 2016-20 to supplement the high end guys

The Rangers could have taken Lysell, Chibrikov but they were rumored after Boucher and eventually took Othmann but he’s skilled and gritty

I’m not saying the Bruins have taken the right guys but since they did a seismic shift in drafting philosophy in 2016 and restructured and expanded their scouting they have targeted players the hoped would compliment the stars they have

Last edited:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Non-hockey item:

"On July 12, 2012, Mougenel jumped into the Boston Harbor to rescue a man who was drowning in the harbor and helped bring the man to dry land. The unknown victim was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital."

On vacation with his wife, Kim, a Boston native, and the couple’s 3-month-old daughter, Reese, Mougenel was speaking on his cellphone with a prospective player and pushing his daughter in a stroller on Boston’s Long Wharf when he saw a man walk up to a railing near the water and strip to his underwear. The 54-year old man, who Mougenel said was clearly intoxicated, then crossed over a chain and fell 20 feet into the water.

“By the time I said ‘Bud, what are you doing?’ he jumped off the pier into the (Atlantic) ocean. It was so slow. It was bizarre,” Mougenel said. “He did a couple strokes to get away from the pier and he was distressed pretty early on. By the time I ran down looking for a boat, he was submerged.”
Mougenel then plunged into the harbor to save him.

“I looked at my wife, and she looked at me like ‘Don’t you dare,’ but I’d already ripped off my shirt and was in the ocean,” Mougenel said. “By the time I got to him, he was bright purple.”

Hero head coach. I like it.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I’m fine with it, the new providence coach was the assistant so more of the same. Would like to get some new eyes in there since they haven’t been able to develop a forward to save their lives that doesn’t have elite all world talent like a Pastrnak
For the last three years, but was part of several organizations before that. Hopefully, that has an influence.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Love it

I know 0.0 of Providence head coach until I asked an employee who works with them and said Ryan would be an excellent choice

he is an outsider not the Bruins/Devils/Dallas guys they brought in a few years back so they must really like him

great for McQuaid

Wilson is far overrated as a fighter. Any true fighter can handle him without terrible difficulty. McQuaid was always willing. A lifetime Bruin. One of my favorite McQuaid videos:

Hendricks thought he was going to take the easy path away from Thornton, but I know I'd rather fight Thornton any day.

Another:

I hope McQuaid's emphasis on "Player Development" is on being a good teammate and defending each other. As well as teaching Frederic how to fight.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Could be.

More likely a need to keep the Bruins Mentality moving forward.

I will say Kelly seems the perfect replacement for Pandolfo. Defense first forward as a player, I'm sure that's what management wants on the bench. He should bring a little more emotion, though.

Doesn't seem that McQuaid has been involved in hockey management at all that I can find. Hire maybe related to this:

MAGAZINE: Boston Bruins Building Brotherhood Through Bible Study (sportsspectrum.com)

Wow. Did not know that.

Reactions: Gordoff

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Wilson is far overrated as a fighter. Any true fighter can handle him without terrible difficulty. McQuaid was always willing. A lifetime Bruin. One of my favorite McQuaid videos:

Hendricks thought he was going to take the easy path away from Thornton, but I know I'd rather fight Thornton any day.

I hope McQuaid's emphasis on "Player Development" is on being a good teammate and defending each other. As well as teaching Frederic how to fight.

I forget which poster it was, but they posted a classic after that Hendricks fight. They said skipping Thornton to fight McQuaid was stupid because Thornton fights like he wants to beat you up, McQuaid fights like he wants to hang a wreath on your mother's door.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Another:

can`t teach toughness but one can certainly teach technique and that is precisely what Frederic needs

On another note, how long til Z signs on as an assistant or something else in the organization?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I thought posters here wanted the Bruins to stop hiring former players and go outside to get the best candidates rather than just fan favorites?

Lmao facts. Hiring familiar faces has almost never come back to negatively impact this organization, right? Hahaha

Honestly I’m not a fan of the constant hiring within. More often than not it’s a bunch of like minded people who know how the organization does things and won’t go against the grain. We’ve seen it with Sweeney being Neelys “yes man” and it really is getting to the point where there’s too many former bruins in the organization.

Knox Harrington

May 28, 2021
LetsGo-Adam-McQuaid.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad