Management Kelly named assistant, McQuaid player development, Mougenel HC Providence

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Excited to see and hear the banter between Kells and Marchand again.

And much less importantly, I think they’re both great additions to the coaching staff. :)

Reactions: Ladyfan

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
so happy to have McQuaid back in the organization. although I never had significant hockey skill I would always say if I was a player I would hope to be like Quaider. I just identified with the guy. in my 57 years he remains one of my favourite players behind some of the obvious picks.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
McQuaid jumping Scott while Krug and Bergeron just stood there with their tail between the legs

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Neither of those two should be fighting John Scott. I cannot fathom any world where someone would actually look at them not fighting him as something to be a dick about.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I can only reiterate what most people have already said - I like all these signings. To me there's no issue with bringing back alumni to the organization as long as they're good, capable people, and as long as you have a mix of insiders and outsiders within your management and coaching structures. Kelly and McQuaid certainly seem to meet the first criteria. Obviously this will be Kelly's first time behind the bench, but I have confidence he'll do a really good job. As for the second part, I think there's still a debate to be had in terms of the personnel in the front office and a need for some different voices and perspectives in there, but I feel the coaching group is fine and has a pretty good spread of people. So ticks all round here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad