Confirmed with Link: Keith Yandle Signs One Year Deal With Flyers ($900K W/ NTC)

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
Worst for a career is Bob Stewart who was an impressive -257 in only 575 games. :laugh:

Risto is 18th all time, at the moment.
how do you do that?

So Chuck signed someone with the 18th worst plus minus of all time... a defenseman...
for 5 million dollars?

So is he now caring about advanced stats or is he actually too lazy to look at someone's f***ing PLUS MINUS?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
green-jacket-tiger-woods.gif

9 strokes ahead of almost Flyer Seth Jones, in half the ice time per game, this was one of the most dominant performances in recent years.

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
Very glad to see the farewell handshakes from both teams for Yandle, who seems to be retiring a season too late. F Yandle.

The players don’t pay his salary, so they can do what they want. Also they are probably friends.

I agree though generally that it’s a farce compared to others like Chara and Brown

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't think I've ever hated a Flyer more.

That's interesting, I have never actually thought about ranking these. There are six who are definitely in the mix prior to the present day:

Craig MacTavish
Ulf Samuelsson
Mike Bullard
Jaromir Jagr
Chris Pronger
Paul Coffey

Yandle doesn't even move the needle for me. I really had an irrational hatred of Nick Schultz, believe it or not, because he was such shit garbage.

The one who is really making a case is Kev, obviously. He might be the one, considering everything. I really, really f***ing hate Bullard, though, and there are no words for how much I hate Macf***ing Tavish, seriously. I'll have to give it some more thought.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Funny thing was over the last 20 games, after the TDL, Yandle really wasn't that bad. Not good, but not terrible.

xGF 47.35, xGFrel -1.49, 1.15 pp/60 (5x5), PP xGF/60: 10.87
One reason may be he only played 15 of those 20 games, i.e., with rest he got a little bounce back in his legs.

Another reason was he was paired with young D-men who could actually skate:
Yandle - Zamula 47 minutes, xGF 59.53%
Yandle - Attard 41 minutes xGF 55.56%
42 minute with Seeler and Connauton, xGF 26% or so

Yandle might have worked out if there wasn't the streak and if they had someone to pair with him on his right side who could cover for his old legs. Even if Ellis was healthy, not sure Braun was the right partner for him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Funny thing was over the last 20 games, after the TDL, Yandle really wasn't that bad. Not good, but not terrible.

xGF 47.35, xGFrel -1.49, 1.15 pp/60 (5x5), PP xGF/60: 10.87
One reason may be he only played 15 of those 20 games, i.e., with rest he got a little bounce back in his legs.

Another reason was he was paired with young D-men who could actually skate:
Yandle - Zamula 47 minutes, xGF 59.53%
Yandle - Attard 41 minutes xGF 55.56%
42 minute with Seeler and Connauton, xGF 26% or so

Yandle might have worked out if there wasn't the streak and if they had someone to pair with him on his right side who could cover for his old legs. Even if Ellis was healthy, not sure Braun was the right partner for him.

Yandle was terrible after the TDL. I don't know how you dream this stuff up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad