Confirmed with Link: Keith Yandle Signs One Year Deal With Flyers ($900K W/ NTC)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
one can always hope. He might be our next coaching, development or scouting hire. Or cuck will just re-sign him.
Seriously doubt it. Yandle is history. Not sure he'll even dress again this season.
Connauton seems to be a better partner to break in Attard.

Reactions: renberg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
he would show great leadership, taking himself out of the lineup, so the young guys could play.
I agree but that doesn't come into play with Hayes' statement to a reporter about the situation. In addition, I will bet that the reporter's question was even more pro-Yandle than Hayes' response.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
It'll be worse than that - they will be mediocre.

No playoffs, and a middle round pick.
This has to be the fear x1000000.

Blueprint on how to be a train wreck
Buyout JVR.
sign meh/mid tier player like Domi or Strome for 5 years
make Tocchet the coach and play boring 2-1 games for 2.5 years.
And consider it a "success" when Flyers didn't get eliminated until 10 days left in regular season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think there is little point in dumping JVR, since it will cost them to do so, draft picks, or extended cap hit, or something. As the contract is only one more season. And plus, he truly remains one of the better players on the roster. Like, really, he's only a season removed from leading scorer, and he has been no worse than a lot of other, much more pressing problems...like Provorov...like Hayes...like Ellis for frig's sake.
You can't look at JVR solely as a monetary investment. It's hockey. They're trying to change the team this summer. JVR is the epitome of everything they DON'T want.

Sometimes it's best to take the loss and move on.

And, frankly, I think they'd prefer to get rid of JVR and gain $2.67M of cap space to spend elsewhere.

Who cares about a mere $1.3M cap penalty in 2023/24?

That's not nearly enough reason to keep his lazy 31-point, minus-31 ass hogging up a roster spot next season.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
That's funny what some of you is making from JVR.

When actually JVR is still solid middle-six winger. You can trade him at 50% to some team for like 2nd/3rd round draft pick if you want and if you are smart (I know that Fletcher is NOT).

Rather trade him at 50% than buy-out him by the way.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

When actually JVR is still solid middle-six winger. You can trade him at 50% to some team for like 2nd/3rd round draft pick if you want and if you are smart (I know that Fletcher is NOT).

No, he's not a solid middle-six winger. And no, no one wants to trade anything for him.

JVR is a $7M Yandle, when Yandle was still able to put up 30-40 points.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

At 50% retention they won't be able to afford to pay Gaudreau $12 million

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
You can't look at JVR solely as a monetary investment. It's hockey. They're trying to change the team this summer. JVR is the epitome of everything they DON'T want.

Sometimes it's best to take the loss and move on.

And, frankly, I think they'd prefer to get rid of JVR and gain $2.67M of cap space to spend elsewhere.

Who cares about a mere $1.3M cap penalty in 2023/24?

That's not nearly enough reason to keep his lazy 31-point, minus-31 ass hogging up a roster spot next season.
how exactly is JVR the epitome of everything they don't want? he's actually produced...something that is lacking on this singularly talentless squad, that's frighteningly out of it's depth playing against normal NHL players...and he's a season removed from being their leading scorer, on a "normal" roster. And "normal" is the goal here for 2022-23.

plus, they don't need cap space next year...they're gonna pray Couts and Ellis and Hayes are healthy all season, and that the 5 or 6 $900 k players like Frost and Allison and whomever they select for the big club do ok, and that their pathetic underperforming youngish vets (provy, oskar, TK, any and all of them) return to average play.

Replacing an actual NHL player...a 20 goal scorer...with $2.6M in cap this year, and only $1.3 in cap the following...that's just such a pipe dream, it's not worth worrying about.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
No, he's not a solid middle-six winger. And no, no one wants to trade anything for him.

JVR is a $7M Yandle, when Yandle was still able to put up 30-40 points.
JVR is a $7M Yandle?

You are straight-up one of the most confident and completely out-of-left-field posters on any internet forums I frequent, for anything. Total belief in every off-hand comment you make, never back down, and just seem to put yourself into the middle of the most absurd, nothing debates.

Must be a word for that.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
how exactly is JVR the epitome of everything they don't want? he's actually produced...something that is lacking on this singularly talentless squad, that's frighteningly out of it's depth playing against normal NHL players...and he's a season removed from being their leading scorer, on a "normal" roster. And "normal" is the goal here for 2022-23.

plus, they don't need cap space next year...they're gonna pray Couts and Ellis and Hayes are healthy all season, and that the 5 or 6 $900 k players like Frost and Allison and whomever they select for the big club do ok, and that their pathetic underperforming youngish vets (provy, oskar, TK, any and all of them) return to average play.

Replacing an actual NHL player...a 20 goal scorer...with $2.6M in cap this year, and only $1.3 in cap the following...that's just such a pipe dream, it's not worth worrying about.
-The main problem with JVR is his usage. He needs to be on a line that has a quick puck handling center and a winger that will shot the puck. He is a garbage player who gets his stuff picking up loose pucks near the net. All that the Flyers coaching staff did with his was to play to his detriments and ignore his assets. JVR is not a power forward in the true sense of the term but he still is a big dude who can cause the defense to work hard to neutralize his presence.
-Couts probably will come back and be effective. Hayes, even when healthy, is a puck hog who bogs down a line with his lack of speed. Getting well isn't going to cure that. Ellis has probably played his last game as a Flyer where he had a positive impact. LTIR bait for the future. Prayers aren't going to change things here.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
JVR is a $7M Yandle?

You are straight-up one of the most confident and completely out-of-left-field posters on any internet forums I frequent, for anything. Total belief in every off-hand comment you make, never back down, and just seem to put yourself into the middle of the most absurd, nothing debates.

Must be a word for that.
Yep, JVR is about as valuable as Yandle his last couple of years in Florida.

But Yandle was a healthy scratch for Florida in the playoffs! You may say.

What was JVR in the bubble?

Both are soft, terrible defensively, & provide an offensive value that’s very niche in scope (JVR in front of the net, Yandle’s was as a PP QB.)

Just as Yandle was greatly overpaid in FL, so is JVR right now in Philly.

It’s an apt comparison. Mind you, JVR hasn’t fallen off to Philly-Yandle standards, nor did I contend such.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto

-The main problem with JVR is his usage. He needs to be on a line that has a quick puck handling center and a winger that will shot the puck. He is a garbage player who gets his stuff picking up loose pucks near the net. All that the Flyers coaching staff did with his was to play to his detriments and ignore his assets. JVR is not a power forward in the true sense of the term but he still is a big dude who can cause the defense to work hard to neutralize his presence.
-Couts probably will come back and be effective. Hayes, even when healthy, is a puck hog who bogs down a line with his lack of speed. Getting well isn't going to cure that. Ellis has probably played his last game as a Flyer where he had a positive impact. LTIR bait for the future. Prayers aren't going to change things here.
thanks for responding to my defense of JvR as worthy of keeping, and not buying out. In no way whatsoever...
Yep, JVR is about as valuable as Yandle his last couple of years in Florida.

But Yandle was a healthy scratch for Florida in the playoffs! You may say.

What was JVR in the bubble?

Both are soft, terrible defensively, & provide an offensive value that’s very niche in scope (JVR in front of the net, Yandle’s was as a PP QB.)

Just as Yandle was greatly overpaid in FL, so is JVR right now in Philly.

It’s an apt comparison. Mind you, JVR hasn’t fallen off to Philly-Yandle standards, nor did I contend such.
you're making up new arguments for my PoV, then trashing them, and still ignoring anything I actually argued myself! I can't quite come up with the term for this behaviorbut it will come to me...

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
thanks for responding to my defense of JvR as worthy of keeping, and not buying out. In no way whatsoever...

you're making up new arguments for my PoV, then trashing them, and still ignoring anything I actually argued myself! I can't quite come up with the term for this behaviorbut it will come to me...
You trashed my comparison. I explained why it's apt. That simple.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You're either overrating Yandle or underrating JVR, or both.
Yandle in his last season in Florida had 27 points in 56 games as a defenseman. This season JVR has 33 points in 74 games for the Flyers.

You're overrating JVR.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yandle in his last season in Florida had 27 points in 56 games as a defenseman. This season JVR has 33 points in 74 games for the Flyers.

You're overrating JVR.

Oh you're just going to compare across teams, and seasons, and positions, using only raw point totals and nothing else?

And you think that's a reliable way to compare players and their overall impact?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad