Confirmed with Link: Keith Yandle Signs One Year Deal With Flyers ($900K W/ NTC)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We had too much youngsters last year at D. You saw what happened. This league doesn't forgive lack of experience. Especially in the metro division. This division is just brutal.

Youth on D wasn't the problem. A system devoid of defensive support was the problem. Everyone struggled, including the veterans.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Youth on D wasn't the problem. A system devoid of defensive support was the problem. Everyone struggled, including the veterans.

Defensive support was a problem but Id like to differ from the youth, Sanheim and Myers paired together we're overwhelmed by the competition last year. As we saw the results. Lack of experience in the second half of season. Gestion of the game.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Gestion of the Salary cap for next year and this summer offseason moves, in that regard, seem to have been the focus for Fletcher.

And then you evaluate players performances in 2021-2022 for your next contracts and moves.

People need to realise how difficult the job of a general manager is, in regard of managing this cap.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yandle on Sportsnet talking about how Laughton tried to prank him yesterday and how he's working on a prank war with him now.

Seems like a good guy. Hopefully he brings something positive on the ice.

He'll help us get scored on even more.

He'll help hinder York & Zamula.

Maybe he'll pick up 10 PP points too.

That's about it.

Last edited:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Gestion of the Salary cap for next year and this summer offseason moves, in that regard, seem to have been the focus for Fletcher.

And then you evaluate players performances in 2021-2022 for your next contracts and moves.

People need to realise how difficult the job of a general manager is, in regard of managing this cap.

i cant even tell if this is a serious post or some kind of meta im not getting..

god i hope its a funny i simply missed out on..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm really not mad about this, cheap as dirt, hopefully he brings something to the ice or off the ice if he's gonna sit in the press box.
In a vacuum it’s fine, I can be about signing a respected veteran desperate to win that we drag along and the guys want to play for. But the defense as is constructed, there doesn’t seem to be a fit. Just because he’s 3rd pair doesn’t make him an ideal partner for Braun. Not the way they use him.

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In a vacuum it’s fine, I can be about signing a respected veteran desperate to win that we drag along and the guys want to play for. But the defense as is constructed, there doesn’t seem to be a fit. Just because he’s 3rd pair doesn’t make him an ideal partner for Braun. Not the way they use him.

This is Gustafsson 2.0

Literally no difference. Amazing that people don't see that.

The offseason shrouds fans in a dense fog

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yandle on Sportsnet talking about how Laughton tried to prank him yesterday and how he's working on a prank war with him now.

Seems like a good guy. Hopefully he brings something positive on the ice.

Brandon Montour had interview today on SuriusXM and he said Yandle was the funniest guy on the team.
That is all the positive things I have to say today

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t understand how Ghost fans hate Yandle.

Yandle is an offensive defenseman, like Ghost. Sucks defensively, like Ghost. But is actually better at offense & costs $900k instead of $4.25M. That says nothing of the locker room presence, where Yandle is almost universally loved.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is Gustafsson 2.0

Literally no difference. Amazing that people don't see that.

The offseason shrouds fans in a dense fog

actually a couple differences:

1) Yandle played well in a limited role in Fla last season, Gus struggled
2) Yandle costs $900K, Gus cost $3M

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
actually a couple differences:

1) Yandle played well in a limited role in Fla last season, Gus struggled
2) Yandle costs $900K, Gus cost $3M

1) He had to be MONUMENTALLY sheltered to not hurt the team and was then promptly scratched in the playoffs.

2) You are correct - the price is a big difference

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
1) He had to be MONUMENTALLY sheltered to not hurt the team and was then promptly scratched in the playoffs.

2) You are correct - the price is a big difference

Unfortunately, there was no way to shelter Gus, he was that bad defensively (though better than Ghost on offense).

If York can't beat out Yandle in TC, he needs to play on a regular basis in the AHL, when a talented young player is NHL ready, it's pretty obvious, when fans have to make excuses for a young player, it usually means he needs more seasoning.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t understand how Ghost fans hate Yandle.

Yandle is an offensive defenseman, like Ghost. Sucks defensively, like Ghost. But is actually better at offense & costs $900k instead of $4.25M. That says nothing of the locker room presence, where Yandle is almost universally loved.

Well there's the fact that Ghost is better than Yandle.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Well there's the fact that Ghost is better than Yandle.
No he’s not. They both suck defensively & Yandle is better offensively. And $3.3M cheaper. Ghost fans should be thrilled they got a similar player at $900k.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No he’s not. They both suck defensively & Yandle is better offensively. And $3.3M cheaper. Ghost fans should be thrilled they got a similar player at $900k.

Ghost is better than Yandle defensively, more than enough to make up any offensive gap. Ghost is the better player overall.

They are not similar players. Why would "Ghost fans" (whatever those are) be thrilled at a downgrade? As a Flyers fan, I sure don't like seeing that.

But hey, everyone gets to be bestest friendbuddies as they either miss the playoffs or get vaporized early.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ghost is better than Yandle defensively, more than enough to make up any offensive gap. Ghost is the better player overall.

They are not similar players. Why would "Ghost fans" (whatever those are) be thrilled at a downgrade? As a Flyers fan, I sure don't like seeing that.

But hey, everyone gets to be bestest friendbuddies as they either miss the playoffs or get vaporized early.
They both suck defensively.

I assume Ghost fans like him for his offense, because no one should like him for his defense.

Well, Yandle is better offensively than Ghost. And $3.3M cheaper.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They both suck defensively.

I assume Ghost fans like him for his offense, because no one should like him for his defense.

Well, Yandle is better offensively than Ghost. And $3.3M cheaper.

They are not equal defensively, which seems to be your claim. They are not equal players just because you think they share an archetype. This is a lazier analysis than using wins and losses to judge a skater.

Reactions: AdamParrot

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'll be happy to bring back Ghost in 3 years at $900K to be the 7th D-man, a definite upgrade over Yandle in that role.

Reactions: wuf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad