Confirmed with Link: Keith Yandle Signs One Year Deal With Flyers ($900K W/ NTC)

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I like it as long as he doesn’t block a younger player who’s ready/better. Having people like Ellis and Yandle to help mentor the younger Dmen is nice. For me he’d ideally be our #7 who’s a good locker room guy, can help the young d men, and provide depth when there’s a injury. At 900k that would be a great value if he just provides those things.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Washed up Yandle yippee.

The thought of losing G and a “Hayes led team” made me throw up in my mouth.

105BB353-7561-4761-B773-1BABEE0BE53C.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
So Cam is Hayes’s buddy, Yandle is Hayes’s buddy, where’s Johnny Hockey Kevin? Get your goofy dog faced shit together and get him here

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
The amount of outrage over the signing is laughable. At 900k this is a no risk signing. Yandle will run PP1 and keep Provorov away and he's known around the league as a grade A locker room guy. I couldn't find a reason to bitch about it if a tried, some of you guys at great at that.
Christ Himself could play RD and still couldnt knock Provorov off PP1 in this staff's eyes.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I like it as long as he doesn’t block a younger player who’s ready/better. Having people like Ellis and Yandle to help mentor the younger Dmen is nice. For me he’d ideally be our #7 who’s a good locker room guy, can help the young d men, and provide depth when there’s a injury. At 900k that would be a great value if he just provides those things.
It's cute that you actually think it won't

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
This is an example of building team to keep ones job. If they miss the playoffs, Fletcher is likely gone so he’s gonna do whatever it takes to make the dance rather than whatever it takes to build a Cup contender.

It’s the same short sighted philosophy that ran the team into the ground under Bob Clarke in 89-90.

Excactly. I hate re-living this.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
It's cute that you actually think it won't

I’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Seems like a waste of energy to be constantly angry on a hockey forum, months before the season starts, and over something we don’t know the outcome of. On paper it’s not a bad move.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Provy Ellis
Sanheim risto
Yandle Braun
Morin

Is not the young talented defense I had pictured playing going into this year. The asset management to get here has also been revolting and the cap situation looks quite grim. That being said I think we've gotten more consistent and the fit has improved some. A whole lot of movement to get marginally better.

If I look at this isolated from the rest I like the yandle signing. Could be an absolute steal and at this salary if he's an average 6 guy we get our moneys worth.

As for z and York. We've seen with ghost/morin and sanheim/Myers they like guys to develop chemistry and play together in the ahl where they can make mistakes. Should absolutely be our top pairing down there getting quality minutes on special teams and at full strength. Both should see call ups this year. With the return to a full season and busy olympic schedule Depth is a good thing to have

Reactions: Math the wild rose

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Doesn't seem like the end of the world signing him at near minimum for one year to be the 6/7 D.

Reactions: JXC

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Doesn't seem like the end of the world signing him at near minimum for one year to be the 6/7 D.

It's not so much what this one signing indicates; it's representative of Chuck's entire decisionmaking process. It says a lot that this is one of Chuck's better decisions, and it's not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad