Player Discussion Keith Yandle: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's either..The sample size is too small or it was the rest of the team around him or some other kinda weak bs excuse. Some of you would actually blame the weather before giving Yandle his fair share of the criticism.
I mean, the weather wasn't great...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How does a dman score 31 points in 51 games and only have a +2?

Answer: It's because he completely abandoned his defensive responsibilities and gave up a **** ton of goals
+/- is such a great stat. Thank you for this contribution.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He actually was on for 35 GF and 25 GA at 5-on-5. 23 GF and 1 GA on the powerplay. Zero GF and 4 GA with his goalie pulled though!

So it appears Yandle is terrible and his +/- illuminates this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, NYR!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It's incredibly shortsighted to make a decision on a player based on a single postseason series, particularly when the vast majority of the team was invisible. Honestly using a five game sample to reach a conclusion about anything is ridiculous.

I'm not really ready to even think about this team moving forward and don't have an opinion on Yandle at the moment, but I saw this post and felt compelled to comment.

It's shortsighted until you realize this pattern of posters are the same ones that have defended Staal and Girardi to the death and then it all makes sense.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's incredibly shortsighted to make a decision on a player based on a single postseason series, particularly when the vast majority of the team was invisible. Honestly using a five game sample to reach a conclusion about anything is ridiculous.

I'm not really ready to even think about this team moving forward and don't have an opinion on Yandle at the moment, but I saw this post and felt compelled to comment.
If Yandle had a really good five games, they would be making this same point.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
What would the plan be if they re-signed Yandle?

To stick him with Boyle's replacement? or with Girardi, Klein, McIlrath?

Who is the PP player on the other point?

It's not that Yandle is a bad player to me at least, his game can be useful if integrated properly but it's the timeline, what they have, what they realistically can have soon just does not seem to match-up with them giving out a large long term contract with clauses to Yandle, which is what he will require.

Teams do not usually make 10 moves in an off-season and even if they did more than half of those moves would turn out less desirable than imagined.

If they can sign him to something where the player and contract could be moved for a good return need be, maybe, but that is not how UFA contracts usually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad