Proposal: Keith + Seabrook to FLA

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's not something you give up a 1st round pick for, especially when you weren't a playoff team and the guy is gonna be a whopping 36 years old next year.

He's teetering on the edge of a cliff right now.

He is not Norris Keith anymore for sure but he is not teetering on the the edge of a cliff either. He is still a good top pairing guy.

Reactions: dk2k and Laus723

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He is not Norris Keith anymore for sure but he is not teetering on the the edge of a cliff either. He is still a good top pairing guy.

There are very few guys that remain top pairing defenders after they hit 35.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
There are very few guys that remain top pairing defenders after they hit 35.

The proposal states at 50% percent that means his salary is 2.5 million I wouldn't expect him to even be a top pairing man just a number 3-4 that can provide leadership, mentor the young and inexperienced core that is already here

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Very true but Keith is a freak. He is not a freak like Lidstrom but he is a freak.

Top pairing defesenman should not have heat maps like this

keithdu83

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The proposal states at 50% percent that means his salary is 2.5 million I wouldn't expect him to even be a top pairing man just a number 3-4 that can provide leadership, mentor the young and inexperienced core that is already here

I just don't see giving up a mid-1st for that.

... And I don't see Chicago retaining half when they can still get f***ed by recapture.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Top pairing defesenman should not have heat maps like this

They Hawks team D was trash this season and the forwards provided very little support. This plus the fact that they changed defensive systems completely 1/4 way in to the season and I am very confident that that heat map looks much better on a better team or a Q coached team.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I just don't see giving up a mid-1st for that.

... And I don't see Chicago retaining half when they can still get ****ed by recapture.

No recapture on Seabrook. Keith is the only one but it was my understanding that we are only retaining on Seabrook.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah, this isn’t gonna happen. Nor would I want it to, and it’s WAY to much to give.

I’d actually like Keith, but would rather move Matheson for him. I think Matheson is going to turn it around, and we’d get a lot older, but I think Keith’s leadership and skill would be welcome.

Still, would rather chase Trouba or see if Martinez is available.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

If he is on your top pairing at this point in his career for a team, I don’t think that team is a playoff team. Just cause a bottom team has a guy playing top pair does not mean the player is a top pairing guy on a good team.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Are you really a Florida fan ? I am not sure how you think this is good for you team . If you do can I interest you in your very own Lucic . He is slightly used and a little broken but no more so then Keith and Seabrook is closing the gap on both

While your overall sentiment is correct it should be pointed out that Keith is nowhere near the Lucic/Seabrook level of bad. Still a very solid player, not what he once was of course.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Lol this makes Hoffman like an $11 mil cap hit player for Chicago next season

Retaining 50% on both, even in separate deals is just not realistic

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This is pretty good value for Florida to be honest. Chicago eats a lot of dead cap as well. Keith is still by far the best asset in the deal.

Reactions: klabob

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Like Edmonton, best-case-scenario is that teams are granted a compliance buyout, which means Lucic and Seabrook, as well as many other bad contracts get bought out.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
In your dreams blackhawks fans.
You wanna see those two players retire in the sun? Get ready to pay a kings ransom to make it happen

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Like Edmonton, best-case-scenario is that teams are granted a compliance buyout, which means Lucic and Seabrook, as well as many other bad contracts get bought out.

When the next CBA comes up the nhl should take a hard look at the salary cap and bring the cap into the 21st century.

Imo if the salary cap started at 110 million , you wouldn't have all these awful contracts where teams are saddled with players who father time has caught up with them .

And then the need to have buyouts or see so many teams for so long in decline due to the cap.

NHL players compared to other sports are underpaid .

The amount of games , travel and physicality of the game is brutal , football , basketball and baseball don't even compare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad