keithdu83

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Keith + Seabrook to FLA at 50 %

Chicago gets Hoffman and a 2020 1st ?

Is this a trick?

As a Chicago fan I say yes because this is highway robbery. You would have to include a big dump like Bobby Lou or Riemer so you guys still have room this summer for your Russian pair. Even then I am not sure it is enough (most likely not).

Reactions: dk2k and Laus723

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Is this a trick?

As a Chicago fan I say yes because this is highway robbery. You would have to include a big dump like Bobby Lou or Riemer so you guys still have room this summer for your Russian pair. Even then I am not sure it is enough (most likely not).

Well the Hoffman salary evens it out. Trading offense for defensive depth is the way I see it. We are team in dire need of defense

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
and .... we need defense . If we dont pay Keith we pay someone/ Keith at 50 percent cost 2.5 million what defenseman will bring what Keith does at 2.5 ?

If that's the case, can I interest you in Danny DeKeyser, too? :laugh:

You need defense. That doesn't mean you add regressing or just plain bad defenders, and give up a 1st round pick to do it.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

You need defense. That doesn't mean you add regressing or just plain bad defenders, and give up a 1st round pick to do it.

Again what defender brings what Keith does for that price. Dekeyser plays on the top pair?

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Again what defender brings what Keith does for that price. Dekeyser plays on the top pair?
A lot of defenders bring what 2019 Keith does at that price. He's 2 seasons removed from being the player you seem to think he still is.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Would much rather pay for Keith + Joker but Reimer/Pysyk has to be involved and do understand it'd be a 1st++

I think the Hawks would me more likely to move Beaudin over Joker if they are going to move one of the big 4. In saying that, yes I know Beaudin is the only LHD of the group but I think Boqvist ends up playing on his offhand.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
A lot of defenders bring what 2019 Keith does at that price. He's 2 seasons removed from being the player you seem to think he still is.

A lot of defender score 40 points and play the top pairing? Like who and are they available? For how much? I know Trouba scored 40 points but he'll command about 8 million as well as major assets. I get Keith isnt in the Norris running anymore...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A lot of defender score 40 points and play the top pairing? Like who and are they available? For how much? I know Trouba scored 40 points but he'll command about 8 million as well as major assets. I get Keith isnt in the Norris running anymore...

It's not something you give up a 1st round pick for, especially when you weren't a playoff team and the guy is gonna be a whopping 36 years old next year.

He's teetering on the edge of a cliff right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad