Proposal: Keith + Seabrook to FLA

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
When the next CBA comes up the nhl should take a hard look at the salary cap and bring the cap into the 21st century.

Imo if the salary cap started at 110 million , you wouldn't have all these awful contracts where teams are saddled with players who father time has caught up with them .

And then the need to have buyouts or see so many teams for so long in decline due to the cap.

NHL players compared to other sports are underpaid .

The amount of games , travel and physicality of the game is brutal , football , basketball and baseball don't even compare.
The salary cap is directly tied to HRR. As revenue goes up, so does the cap. They don’t just pick a number out of thin air.

Reactions: klabob and Laus723

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
The salary cap is directly tied to HRR. As revenue goes up, so does the cap. They don’t just pick a number out of thin air.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the nhl back in the days of Detroit winning cups and being dominant didn't have a cap?

Maybe it's time if that's the case is to get back to teams being allowed to spend.

I'm just pointing out that the salary cap is a complete joke and it doesn't reflect the 21st century .

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but the nhl back in the days of Detroit winning cups and being dominant didn't have a cap?

Maybe it's time if that's the case is to get back to teams being allowed to spend.

I'm just pointing out that the salary cap is a complete joke and it doesn't reflect the 21st century .
They were dominant because they spent by far the most money. Teams that didn’t have bottomless check books were left behind. Every major sport in the US has some sort of way to limit spending.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Lol, number 1. Leafs and Rangers also threw money around and didn’t win. High paid players doesn’t equal a championship.

2, I know, gotta get caught up with the 21st century, the NFL and NBA don’t have salary caps. Stupid NHL.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Lol, number 1. Leafs and Rangers also threw money around and didn’t win. High paid players doesn’t equal a championship.

2, I know, gotta get caught up with the 21st century, the NFL and NBA don’t have salary caps. Stupid NHL.
And the MLB has a luxury tax that even the Yankees do their best to avoid.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad