Keith Olbermann lights Steve Simmons up

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Simmons now writing smear pieces on Raptor players too. What a huge joke this guy is.

Lou Williams is a free spirit. It’s how he played. It’s how he lives his life. For that, he was admired by those around him, looked up to, wasn’t just called the “coolest dude in the world†by DeRozan, but became lyrics in a song by Drake. There is a lot to like about him, his quickness, his shot-making, his carefree ways of looking at the world.

That he had relationships with two women separately but simultaneously — and they were aware of each other — made him an intriguing figure around the team and around the league. When asked about the situation during the season, Williams would not confirm it exists. But when the twin sister of one of his girlfriends began dating another Raptor [Amir], management was alarmed.

Upstairs, there was more than quiet concern about the possible distractions. Williams was maybe the most popular Raptor inside the dressing room: Was he the wrong player, the wrong person, to admire, management asked itself before making a determination.

Williams had impact scoring the ball, but also had impact in whatever influence he had over the roster. Some players wanted to be more like him, more carefree, full of fun, the kind of guy you want to go out with, hang with. Everybody wants a friend like that. But if you’re not Lou Williams and you try to emulate Lou Williams, you might lose a little of yourself in the process.

And the Raptors, having lost four straight to Washington in a most unhappy way, don’t want to lose this way ever again.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/06/raptors-were-glad-to-see-the-back-of-lou-williams

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't buy the Toronto Sun, look at Toronto Sun articles because of him, and I don't follow him on twitter, worst type of media/writer.

Yeah I don't follow Simmons or Cox on Twitter and I make a point of unfollowing anybody who re-tweets them. I had to unfollow the lovely Jody Vance because she RT'd Cox. :(

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I enjoy seeing Simmons get lit up, however...

the blatant disrespect this franchise receives across the league, it's fanbases, it's media, etc. is downright disgusting.

Everyone loves to talk crap about the most valuable franchise, by far, in this bush league. If the doors shut on the maple leafs, the League would crumble.

/rant

I'm a 3rd generation pathetic Leafs fan and I'm fine with what was said. This team deserves zero respect and shouldn't be given any until they start producing on the ice.
The more bashing the better. Maybe then the suits will see they have a spoiled product and will move heaven and earth to put some shine back on it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm a 3rd generation pathetic Leafs fan and I'm fine with what was said. This team deserves zero respect and shouldn't be given any until they start producing on the ice.
The more bashing the better. Maybe then the suits will see they have a spoiled product and will move heaven and earth to put some shine back on it.

They wouldn't know the Product is bad if Simmons didn't tell them?

You don't think the "suits" want the Team to be good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad