Keefe's "hunch" on forward lines pays off for Maple Leafs

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
TO was doing well from the onset of his coaching yet he continues to experiment, continues to look for the ideal combos even tho TO is winning.

It keeps the opposition guessing while making it much more difficult to plan against. A concept completely lost on Babcock.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Keefes system itself gives players more opportunities to show off there individual skill sets. You can see why Dubas built this team this way and like he said they come at you wave after wave.

I’d like to see the big horses reeled in a bit when there is a comfortable lead and let the schmelts get some run. No sense in overplaying them. Management needs to see who’s 10 ply and who’s 2 ply. who’s a keeper etc. A number of them are rfa’s next season.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I hate it!
Matthews and Marner are supposed to be in direct competition against each other to see who is more important. If they are on the same line it will be harder to judge.
I guess tho it will be easier to say one is just the product of the other so there is that bonus I guess.
Love your sarcasm, but nahhh.
Them money boys now.
It will continue after JT is too **** and we need a new C and they are getting read to twist Dubas again for new contracts. :)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Plus sending Sandin back to the AHL wouldn't make sense since he's already played 10 games and burnt the 1st year of his ELC.

The only number that really matters for his contract is 40 (IIRC) games where this counts as a year towards UFA.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The only number that really matters for his contract is 40 (IIRC) games where this counts as a year towards UFA.
Since Sandin has already played 12 games and if he plays in every remaining game on the Leafs schedule his 40th game would be on March 31 when the Leafs are playing the Capitals, which happens to be their 80th game of the regular season.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He plays a lot of minutes, and looks like he and Sandin work well together.

Until they bring up Liljegren and see if he can take a regular role ... who knows.

Well who goes down/ is traded when Reilly is back? Dermott, Holl or Sandin?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Baffling to see Marincin in the lineup tonight and imo he was horrible. He has zero instincts, panics, bobbles pucks, skates into danger.
When I said Gravel would be better I meant it seriously. How this guy got another contract amazes me. He brings nothing. He sucks with puck. He sucks at hitting/moving people. The only bright spot is he seems to know where to stand in his own end or at least that was what I was told. But after watching game on Saturday I find that one hard to believe too. He basically screened Hutch on 1st Ottawa goal so Hutch had zero idea where puck was on point shot. I just do not see any value at all in him. Really makes me question Dubie. I thought it was all Babs but now I really worry.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
When I said Gravel would be better I meant it seriously. How this guy got another contract amazes me. He brings nothing. He sucks with puck. He sucks at hitting/moving people. The only bright spot is he seems to know where to stand in his own end or at least that was what I was told. But after watching game on Saturday I find that one hard to believe too. He basically screened Hutch on 1st Ottawa goal so Hutch had zero idea where puck was on point shot. I just do not see any value at all in him. Really makes me question Dubie. I thought it was all Babs but now I really worry.

If Dermott was out long term and we didn't try someone else I'd worry but if we can't play Marincin against the Senators without losing the game we have much bigger problems.

Reactions: Mansfield

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Gravel has missed a ton of time this season because of Crohns disease. He's just getting back now after finding proper meds.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gravel has missed a ton of time this season because of Crohns disease. He's just getting back now after finding proper meds.
That sucks. Hopefully the steroids are working for him. But Marty cost us a goal against the sens. He is not an NHLer. Play Lily if Gravel is under the weather still. He has looked good in practice with Marlies past week.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Well who goes down/ is traded when Reilly is back? Dermott, Holl or Sandin?

IMO, Holl is as much of lock as Muzzin is this at this point.

I'd say it's between Sandin and Ceci most likely, don't see them sitting out Dermott especially when it's his contract RFA year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That sucks. Hopefully the steroids are working for him. But Marty cost us a goal against the sens. He is not an NHLer. Play Lily if Gravel is under the weather still. He has looked good in practice with Marlies past week.

I think he will be needing some time still but hopefully makes himself an option, even as a black ace if need be. I liked him for us in the NHL, very uneventful but "okay" guy.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think assuming no other moves or injuries, Sandin and Marincin go down when Rielly comes back.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Since Sandin has already played 12 games and if he plays in every remaining game on the Leafs schedule his 40th game would be on March 31 when the Leafs are playing the Capitals, which happens to be their 80th game of the regular season.

I feel pretty confident that they won't let Sandin hit game 40 this season. Assuming he stays with the Leafs rest of the way, they'll rest him somewhere to make sure of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad