Keaton Ellerby

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's only played one game so far, but seemed quite decent for a guy who hasn't played yet this year.

Time will tell.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

jCZ49.gif

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Welcome to being a Jets fan! We all hope Ellerby will reach his potential on the Jets. A few seasons ago we claimed Grant Clitsom off of waviers and he was signed in teh off season to a 3 $6MM deal. It could be argued Ellerby has a higher upside.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
"Helen Kellerby" will (hopefully) not be making an appearance.

Keaton Ellerby's mom, is that you?

JK, welcome! I am hoping he plays exactly like he did in his debut for us. No one even really talked about him and that is exactly the kind of D man we need on the bottom pairing. A guy who plays quiet reliable minutes, kills penalties, gets the puck out.

He had a really nice hit though I hear he doesn't do that much. Hopefully it becomes part of the plan for him. That would make him very valuable.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Keaton Ellerby's mom, is that you?

JK, welcome! I am hoping he plays exactly like he did in his debut for us. No one even really talked about him and that is exactly the kind of D man we need on the bottom pairing. A guy who plays quiet reliable minutes, kills penalties, gets the puck out.

He had a really nice hit though I hear he doesn't do that much. Hopefully it becomes part of the plan for him. That would make him very valuable.

Yeah he's not a designated hitter but he's not afraid to go for a big hit. Also not afraid to drop the gloves

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Charlie Huddy has done a pretty job with our dmen, hopefully with some work Ellerby can develop into the player he was expected to be.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Yeah he's not a designated hitter but he's not afraid to go for a big hit. Also not afraid to drop the gloves

He throws a hit once every 5 games.

I really hope for the Jets sake he plays decently. He was fine in the first few games for us too...and then he thought he was allowed to touch the puck.

He can still develop in to a decent number 6 guy but shouldn't be used really any more than that.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
He throws a hit once every 5 games.

I really hope for the Jets sake he plays decently. He was fine in the first few games for us too...and then he thought he was allowed to touch the puck.

He can still develop in to a decent number 6 guy but shouldn't be used really any more than that.

He was decent in his first game, but last night he had me worried. So many attempted outlet passes up the middle, several of which didn't get out, or were intercepted.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Welcome to being a Jets fan! We all hope Ellerby will reach his potential on the Jets. A few seasons ago we claimed Grant Clitsom off of waviers and he was signed in teh off season to a 3 $6MM deal. It could be argued Ellerby has a higher upside.

thanks! and he could develop into a solid SAH. I firmly believe Florida is the reason hes struggled so much. They yanked him into the lineup way too early. He played 22 games in 09-10 (21/22 years old) no points and a -1, 10-11 he played 54 games (22/23 yrs old) 2G 10A and a -15, 11-12 played 40 games (23/24 yrs old) 0G 5A and a -3. 12-13 played 9 games with FLA (24/25 yrs old) no points and a -2. 12-13 played 35 games with LAK (24/25 years old) and had 3 assist and +5. 13-14 (25/26 yrs old) so far 2 games, no points +2. LAK and WPG are helping him develop into a better defenseman and helping his plus/minus get to plus overall

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Thought he's played fine in the 3rd pairing with Pardy. Not a ton of mins, but seems to be fairly solid.

Pardy/Ellerby pairing has been more solid than the Stuart/Postma pairing.

Stu/Postma pairing has me shaking like a leaf, every time they are on the ice. Usually its a complete cluster **** in our zone.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Thought he's played fine in the 3rd pairing with Pardy. Not a ton of mins, but seems to be fairly solid.

Pardy/Ellerby pairing has been more solid than the Stuart/Postma pairing.

Stu/Postma pairing has me shaking like a leaf, every time they are on the ice. Usually its a complete cluster **** in our zone.

sounds like what ellerby and muzzin/martinez pairing looked like for LA last year

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@jetsvoice1290: Tonight's scheduled guest on the @TSN1290Radio postgame show in Exchange Restaurant w @sheriffTSN1290 and is #NHLJets D Keaton Ellerby #NHL

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Thread bump.

Does anyone know why Ellerby is sitting in the press box?

I'm not trying to debate vs. Pardy, Stuart, Clitsome...

I just want to know if anyone really knows why he's out.

It could be Noel being Noel. I just wonder if anyone knows.

I don't think of him as a savior or a particular game changer, but I don't remember any play related reason why he's sitting. I was pleasantly surprised with his good puck related decisions, and especially after reading L.A.'s forums, I was pleased to see that he plays a physical game.

If I was in a position to ask Noel, I would love to ask him, simply, "Why is Ellerby sitting out?"

Galbatross

Oct 29, 2013
I'm guessing the answer is would be "Stu has to play, he's got an "A"." and we have to convince Pardy to resign by giving him minutes. Ellerby will get his chance as injuries plague our d men, (clitsome) so I'm expecting him tomorrow.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I thought he's been pretty decent.... definitely exceeded my expectations anyway.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thread bump.

Does anyone know why Ellerby is sitting in the press box?

I'm not trying to debate vs. Pardy, Stuart, Clitsome...

I just want to know if anyone really knows why he's out.

It could be Noel being Noel. I just wonder if anyone knows.

I don't think of him as a savior or a particular game changer, but I don't remember any play related reason why he's sitting. I was pleasantly surprised with his good puck related decisions, and especially after reading L.A.'s forums, I was pleased to see that he plays a physical game.

If I was in a position to ask Noel, I would love to ask him, simply, "Why is Ellerby sitting out?"

Most of us have been wondering why Ellerby isn't playing, for a stretch just after he got here he was playing 20 minutes and playing well. Wish someone in the media would ask Noel why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad