Signing(s): Kawhi Leonard signs with the Clippers (3 years, $103 million)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Meh. The clippers won big in the present at the expense of their team 5-7 years from now. It's fine if you don't care in the face of acquiring guys like Leonard and George, I wouldn't, but this is just outright denial.

I don't like the Clippers. They will be very late first round picks.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
yeah this whole thing revealed his whole "low-key, reserved, private guy shtick" is pure BS

How is it BS when every thing that came out to be true was never revealed until last night?

Somehow, Jalen Rose and multiple sauces Broussard getting proven wrong and Woj proving to be right are held against Kawhi.

The Lakers shouldn't get shit on for missing out on Kawhi as they still have 2 of the top 5 players in the league with a borderline star in Kuzma and some good role players in Green and McGee. It's their fans that are getting shit on (deservingly) for being arrogant and overconfident that they landed Kawhi with ease.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How is it BS when every thing that came out to be true was never revealed until last night?

Somehow, Jalen Rose and multiple sauces Broussard getting proven wrong and Woj proving to be right are held against Kawhi.

has nothing to do with the "experts." it was so obvious a lot of those guys were just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it stuck

i'm talking about him scheming with the clips the entire time behind the scenes waiting for them to get PG while leading the raptors and lakers on until the every end

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Kahwi was always going to return to California. That’s where he’s from.

However, the obsessive Toronto media and its stalker fans, didn’t help in convincing him to stay. At one point they stalked him on his vacation after the parade, and then stalked his flights from LA to Toronto. All this, for a guy that is very private and low key.

Fixed.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
has nothing to do with the "experts." it was so obvious a lot of those guys were just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it stuck

i'm talking about him scheming with the clips the entire time behind the scenes waiting for them to get PG while leading the raptors and lakers on until the every end

The Lakers were a legit option for him. They were his safety net if the Clippers couldn't get the PG deal done.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
so basically they did exactly what the lakers did

sign a star player and trade for a 2nd (better) star. except the lakers get **** on for it while the clippers "hit a home run"

Couldn't agree more, I mean its the Lakers so people will always shit on them. Success (admittedly not recent success) brings enemies and jealously.

People are just mad that the team always seems to get the guy they want. KAJ, Shaq, LBJ now Davis.

The Lakers were a legit option for him. They were his safety net if the Clippers couldn't get the PG deal done.

Tho I'm sure Ballmer said make the trade at any cost.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
In the Pacific division, how many games will the Kings and Suns win against the Clippers, Lakers, and Warriors?

The Kings ain't no punching bag.

And Vloight, stop complaining about people shitting on the Lakers when you do the same shit on teams (and players) you don't seem to like at your convenience. Always posting stupid memes and tweets that roast teams like the Celtics, Clippers, Knicks, or Rockets. I like how you've never mocked the Lakers on this board despite them being a dysfunctional franchise for a while now. Oh wait, who am I kidding? Why would you do that? You're a Laker fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree. Don’t think he wanted to be a behind LBJ. He wanted to have someone who people would view as an equal.

He didn’t want to go to the clippers alone. Wanted a second top end player. Maneuvered then to land PG. Toronto and lakers were backup options if things didn’t go down with the clippers.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
yeah this whole thing revealed his whole "low-key, reserved, private guy shtick" is pure BS

What are you basing that off of exactly? Because he's going to LA and will be in the spotlight? Doesn't mean he's still not a private guy. It revealed nothing other than the fact that he chose to go where he grew up. At 28, it'll take him to 32 where that starts to become the time frame where you don't have many years left. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's clearly what he and his family wanted.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Gutted.

I'll never doubt Woj again.

So many "insiders" come out of this looking terrible, with Chris Broussard right at the top of the list. He shouldn't have a job.

If anyone took Broussard seriously after he went on-air and "confirmed" the "reports" of LeBron returning to Cleveland(in this case the report was Lebron's own essay in SI explaining his decision) then that's on them.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its been said a lot recently but wow he really did bring balance to the league.

Ended the Heatles, ended the GS Dynasty and now his choice assures there won't be a team with 3 stars on it. Incredible. First time in a decade we will open the season with no team as the easy pick for the title.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Ended the Heatles, ended the GS Dynasty and now his choice assures there won't be a team with 3 stars on it. Incredible. First time in a decade we will open the season with no team as the easy pick for the title.
Idk about that. Sure, I guess him avoiding the Lakers makes the issue of the NBA less bad, but there's still no such thing as loyalty, and there are always just a handful of teams who are truly competitive.

That's just from a fan perspective. I'd doubt that the league brass really like how these things play out. Was it worth it to the league for all these teams to lose their best players just to subsidize the golden children?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

If Kawhi was the one to f*** up KD's Achilles it would be talked about, wouldn't you say?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I'm happy to be able to root for Kawhi. I was rooting against the Raptors all playoffs but definitely grew to respect Kawhi Leonard. He was the key to the Raptors playoff run. I'll root for him in LA - that Lakers v Clippers rivalry should be fun to watch.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Idk about that. Sure, I guess him avoiding the Lakers makes the issue of the NBA less bad, but there's still no such thing as loyalty, and there are always just a handful of teams who are truly competitive.

That's just from a fan perspective. I'd doubt that the league brass really like how these things play out. Was it worth it to the league for all these teams to lose their best players just to subsidize the golden children?

Yes there is 0 loyalty but what I meant is the league is a lot more wide open now, more than 2 teams have all the stars and its going to be really exciting, even if KD will miss the whole season.

I mean, he literally managed to keep ALL of this private without anything leaking. If anything, this just adds to it.

Well they kind of used Cris Carter as a mouthpiece but yea, not much was leaked from either his camp or the teams.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Gutted.

I'll never doubt Woj again.

So many "insiders" come out of this looking terrible, with Chris Broussard right at the top of the list. He shouldn't have a job.

Absolutely. No accountability for these reporters, although they are getting absolutely clowned on Twitter if you view their replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Absolutely. No accountability for these reporters, although they are getting absolutely clowned on Twitter if you view their replies.
As they should. Their “sources” told them X and X was going to happen. Guess their sources were not really close to the situation.

Can’t reveal their source but would like to see people challenge them in the future and ask what this particular source was right about in the past when they quote sources close to the situation in the future.

None of the insiders saw the PG move coming. Amazing how that was done so quietly.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
All the best to Leonard with the Clippers. The guy gets to go home to play as I figured would end up happening even though I wish he stayed a Raptor. He got the team the title so good on him for that.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
All of these 'insiders' are nothing more than tire pumping analyst looking for credibility.

Cris 'I know how Kawhi is feeling, I've been there' Carter.
Nick 'give Lebron another weapon and he'll win another title' Wright.
Chris 'multiple sources' Broussard.
Rob 'cornball brother' Parker.
Shannon 'why would Kawhi play for the Clippers, it's Lebron or bust! *starts flexing' Sharpe.

Funny enough, the only guy who said Kawhi would go to the Clippers is his biggest critic Skip Bayless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad