Signing(s): Kawhi Leonard signs with the Clippers (3 years, $103 million)

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Nevermind those reports that he didnt even want to play there. I never really took stock in them, Kawhi has always come off as the ultimate pro who just wants to play basketball. Sure he preferred LA but he never struck me as a guy who'd pull a Jimmy Butler and pout until he got his way.
At the time I didn’t know much about Kawhi but seeing how he is now, I don’t think they were true.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he was never even supposed to be in toronto in the first place

pop dealt him there as a way of saying **** you and as it turned out everything aligned for kawhi/the raps and they got a title out of it

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Leonard singlehandedly cost the Raptors a shot at repeating. His departure immediately made the team much worse off.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leonard singlehandedly cost the Raptors a shot at repeating. His departure immediately made the team much worse off.

Dude, hyperbole much? yes the Raptors aren't the overwhelming favourites anymore but when you say "much worse off" its kinda ridiculous. The Raptors still have a team that a large chunk of the NBA would be envious of. This is a solid bunch and still a VERY strong defensive power.

Side note Raptors now have Championship pedigree, this team below as constructed would firmly be in the category of "veteran battled hardened championship experienced team" little things like that make the difference in an 82 game NBA season.

FQRkxx8yvZOwJjPP9WYgaXw1Cv-dILmXyiDE9gxli98.jpg

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get what's so hyperbolic about that statement?

Leonard leaving did singlehandedly make the Raptors that much worse, and there's almost no chance in hell they repeat without him.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Leonard leaving did singlehandedly make the Raptors that much worse, and there's almost no chance in hell they repeat without him.

Agreed. He didn't say the Raptors are a bad team. They should be solid but the expectations should come down quite a bit. I expect Siakam to take another step and I still believe OG will be good if he's healthy but that doesn't make up for losing arguably the best player in the NBA.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think most people were resigned to him leaving even after they won the title, but it's still a dang shame he left. Would have been refreshing if he'd re-signed

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec

No chance in hell?

Did you even watch the team played Like at all????

Leonard was awesome but it was a team championship, from Kahwi to Lowry to Siakam to FVV to Gasol,

All of that had their moment in the championship run

Chance of them repeating is less now but it’s still a good team

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No chance in hell?

Did you even watch the team played Like at all????

Leonard was awesome but it was a team championship, from Kahwi to Lowry to Siakam to FVV to Gasol,

All of that had their moment in the championship run

Chance of them repeating is less now but it’s still a good team
There is no chance in hell the Toronto Raptors are going to repeat as Eastern Conference Champions, let alone NBA Champions.

Kawhi averaged 31/9/4 with almost 2 steals per game throughout the playoffs, hit the biggest shot in Raptors franchise history and stepped up almost every single time the Raptors needed a huge play/stretch of plays.

And they didn't replace him with anybody.

Forgive me if I don't think the Toronto Raptors minus the best player they have ever had don't stand a chance at winning an NBA championship anytime soon again.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

That’s stating the obvious but seems like he’s putting the blame on Kawhi when the team did nothing to help them repeat and we all assumed he was leaving all season.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm aware it's a team game and FVV was amazing but the facts are this. Leonard got the team on his back and they won a title. I'm happy for them, I bandwagoned hard as hell on The North but he's gone now. He was their best player. There is nobody on the roster that can step up and fill his shoes for Toronto. This is not bias or hate or "u mad bruv". This is FACT.

All credit to the North for winning the title but they probably ain't repeating or even going to the CF again. Leonard was a massive loss. Heck, if not for him in Game 7 against Philly there'd be another champion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad