Signing(s): Kawhi Leonard signs with the Clippers (3 years, $103 million)

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Thanks Kawhi.

Sucks he didn't come back but he never wanted to be here anyways. Most NBA stars would've pouted & just got through the year. Kawhi embraced the situation & brought us a chip that we had no hope of winning before.

The Raptors are a lame duck defending champ, but atleast next season is wide open & interesting. Glad he didn't go Lakers, I found it hard to believe he'd join LBJ all along. Good luck in LA Kawhi.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It’s good for the league. 2016 was the best year of basketball I’ve ever seen, KD’s move to the Warriors completely destroyed the parity in the league.

LeBron is my favourite athlete of all time but Kawhi joining the Lakers would have done the exact same thing.

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
yeah i wrote that based on all the "reports" out there it was lakers vs. raptors

never said there was zero chance he ends up there. i know not to underestimate west

Yeah, but you were wondering why the media was "pushing" for the Clippers, right? Majority of them were counting the Clippers out.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
damn looks like my prediction from a few weeks ago came to life. I just couldn't see Kawhi becoming #3 with the Lakers and we all know Bron's reputation.

Didn't help he was stalked 24/7 whenever he was in the 6. Didn't help at all, for someone who is extra extra extra extra extra private. Raptors still have a chance to go deep in the playoffs, I expect them to make one blockbuster trade, the West is stacked it's unimaginable... Boogie is still a FA.

member 51464

Do Clippers have a decent medical staff and coaching that will manage his load and not run him into the ground?

Also asking out of ignorance here, but how come things like being offered property and all the other Toronto perks wouldn't be considered cap circumvention?

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Didn't help he was stalked 24/7 whenever he was in the 6. Didn't help at all, for someone who is extra extra extra extra extra private.

I think this is getting overplayed. It seems that there was only one team in play throughout this whole ordeal and it was the Clippers. The Paul George aspect that was completly under the radar is proof enough; he was handpicked by Kawhi as the guy he wanted by his side on the team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
lakers can win 10 games per season for next decade and they'd still be LA's team

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Plus with Doc versus Vogel/Kidd there’s zero question who has the better team in LA.

If the Lakers pull it off it’s because LBJ reaches back a few years and just pulls out one more epic GOAT season to shove it down his haters throats. Which of course you can’t put it past him. But man the Clippers look great now. Amazing they still have so many quality guys after such a blockbuster deal.

Sep 19, 2008
Plus with Doc versus Vogel/Kidd there’s zero question who has the better team in LA.

If the Lakers pull it off it’s because LBJ reaches back a few years and just pulls out one more epic GOAT season to shove it down his haters throats. Which of course you can’t put it past him. But man the Clippers look great now. Amazing they still have so many quality guys after such a blockbuster deal.

It'll definitely be must see TV for sure. Warriors - Lakers used to be the marquee game, now it's Lakers - Clippers. Every one of those games is going to be huge and you can bet one of them is already set for Christmas Day :laugh:. Again, I want to see this in the playoffs, preferably in the 2nd or WCF.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Imagine LeBron delaying signing while he waited for a team to go fork out years and years of future assets to bring in a big star for him to play with before he commits, leaving other teams waiting in the process. People would be tearing him down everywhere.

It's perfectly fine that Leonard did it though apparently.

I don't care personally, he's a free agent do what you want. But people would not be happy at all if you changed the name in this scenario.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Imagine LeBron delaying signing while he waited for a team to go fork out years and years of future assets to bring in a big star for him to play with before he commits, leaving other teams waiting in the process. People would be tearing him down everywhere.

It's perfectly fine that Leonard did it though apparently.

I don't care personally, he's a free agent do what you want. But people would not be happy at all if you changed the name in this scenario.

You make it sound like the Clippers did this begrudgingly. They got two of the games top superstars in their primes. Nothing they gave up matters at all compared to that. West and Doc would have piled on however many picks it would take. You don’t pass this up at any cost especially not when you’ve stockpiled assets and good players like the Clippers have.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You make it sound like the Clippers did this begrudgingly. They got two of the games top superstars in their primes. Nothing they gave up matters at all compared to that. West and Doc would have piled on however many picks it would take. You don’t pass this up at any cost especially not when you’ve stockpiled assets and good players like the Clippers have.

Nothing about my post is at all directed at the Clippers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad