Kassian must be traded

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Fittingly after I brought up Wayne Simmonds before the game he scores a greasy goal that Kassian, who makes about 4x as much money, can't seem to do. And I'm pretty sure he now has as many goals as Zack.

Holland extending this player should've raised numerous red flags for Oiler fans.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Fittingly after I brought up Wayne Simmonds before the game he scores a greasy goal that Kassian, who makes about 4x as much money, can't seem to do. And I'm pretty sure he now has as many goals as Zack.

Holland extending this player should've raised numerous red flags for Oiler fans.
Agreed.

Kassian getting the penalty last night had. A half smile. Like, why are you happy that you’re costing the team??

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park

I disagree, yes Kassian has been average at best this season but he is one of the only Oilers that has any semblance of physicality in his game. I don't understand the logic that say's Kassian needs to be traded when all that will do is make a butter soft team even softer. Unless your trading Kassian for a Lowry or something I don't agree.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Agreed.

Kassian getting the penalty last night had. A half smile. Like, why are you happy that you’re costing the team??
Gotta love how the coach put him on the second unit and he immediately negates the power play. Second straight game with a braindead penalty.

I'm reading the Kassian extension thread and predictably any naysayers were shouted down because of Kassian's "intangibles" or whatever. Aged like f***in' milk.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

Simmonds is exactly the kind of player this team needed. I wonder though if players like him steer clear of Edmonton, not only because it is Edmonton, but because McDrai runs the room... Simmonds would bring TONS to this team, alas he's in Toronto where his leadership, and Spezza's, can shine through. Kassian cannot be mentioned in the same sentence.

space321

May 11, 2011
I disagree, yes Kassian has been average at best this season but he is one of the only Oilers that has any semblance of physicality in his game. I don't understand the logic that say's Kassian needs to be traded when all that will do is make a butter soft team even softer. Unless your trading Kassian for a Lowry or something I don't agree.

This isn't even true lol. Stop finding excuses for this below replacement level player.

Softness isn't a problem with this team. Having bad players and being bad and having no depth is the problem.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Kassian is very much part of the reason this team is butter soft. Nobody fears him. Players goad him into taking dumb penalties. He's a liability. Any physical prowess he brings is minimal. Paying 3.2 to a guy who hits and does nothing else is asinine.

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park
Kassian is very much part of the reason this team is butter soft. Nobody fears him. Players goad him into taking dumb penalties. He's a liability. Any physical prowess he brings is minimal. Paying 3.2 to a guy who hits and does nothing else is asinine.
He certainly does need to increase his production and I would like to see him hit a lot more but he is the kind of body the Oilers need in a playoff scenario, and I remember just a few years ago when the Oilers should have made the western conference finals, Kassian was a freaking beast in those playoffs who made big hits and scored some timely goals.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He certainly does need to increase his production and I would like to see him hit a lot more but he is the kind of body the Oilers need in a playoff scenario, and I remember just a few years ago when the Oilers should have made the western conference finals, Kassian was a freaking beast in those playoffs who made big hits and scored some timely goals.
Yes he was, and in the last two playoffs you'd forget he was even a member of the team. Clearly 2017 was an outlier.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Gotta love how the coach put him on the second unit and he immediately negates the power play. Second straight game with a braindead penalty.

I'm reading the Kassian extension thread and predictably any naysayers were shouted down because of Kassian's "intangibles" or whatever. Aged like f***in' milk.
Yup exactly. With Hyman out Now for maybe a couple of weeks, we literally don’t have any other scorers other than our two stars. I don’t even know how they started the season the way they did. I think it was just complete luck that the third line was producing and Connor and Leon came out on fire. This seems to be the true oilers. We will win some games because our two stars will have some big games, but I think this is our true identity. No talent in the bottom sex, no goaltending and a coach that has zero clue how to get This team inspired and ready to play. People are saying that Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl Are showing up late to practice, or are always the last ones on the ice. The team just seems extremely uninspired. Hopefully they snap out of this funk, but it’s not looking good

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Kassian brings nothing positive to this team. I think this team desperately needs a shake up. Package up Kassian and prospect/draft pick and get DeBrusk.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I love our offseason protected list... Archibald, Kassian and Keith. Thank goodness we didn't lose any of those guys to Seattle.

Unless your point is that we should had protected someone who didn't want to re-sign here for more money, I do not get it....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad