Kassian must be traded

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
This team needs bona fide top six winger, not a 3rd line center. We have the one in RNH. However, Kassian needs to go in that trade to make a room in 5he cap space for this season and especially in the next when Puljujärvi needs the new contract.

1st round pick needs to be moved out. I would consider 1st + Kassian for Kessel and the Late round pick

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There was no reason to protect him. The Oilers should’ve used the opportunity to trade him to Seattle.
That is baloney!

He just needed fans in the stands. They are back and Zack is back!

Grit
Tenacity
High end speed
50 point player
can punch a face
Playoff dynamo
The other team plays different when he is on the ice.. they never take cheapshots at our stars when he plays

I'll see myself out.lol

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
There was no reason to protect him. The Oilers should’ve used the opportunity to trade him to Seattle.

Hm, maybe management sees some value in his player type, and yes, I agree his defensive zone play this season has been frustrating, but he has a role to play. We play Calgary in two weeks, may play Calgary in the postseason.

For a $3.5M cap hit and $2.5M salary, I don't get all the whining. This is what it costs for support players, and this is in range for other UFA players of his player type.

This idea that every player should be some kind of dynamic offensive force is ludicrous and has no basis in reality.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Hm, maybe management sees some value in his player type, and yes, I agree his defensive zone play this season has been frustrating, but he has a role to play. We play Calgary in two weeks, may play Calgary in the postseason.

For a $3.5M cap hit and $2.5M salary, I don't get all the whining. This is what it costs for support players, and this is in range for other UFA players of his player type.

This idea that every player should be some kind of dynamic offensive force is ludicrous and has no basis in reality.
Kassian is doing litteraly nothing for this team with the exception of taking idiotic penalties and scoring a goal every 20 games. He doesn't even hit or grind much anymore. It's little wonder why everyone is pissed off at him (particularly me who is normally pretty soft on player criticism.) Must be nice getting paid so much cash for doing so little. Clearly the guy is happy with his big fat stacks of bills... He's playing like a guy that makes minimum wage at the NHL level. It's unacceptable regardless and I can't wait till this team gets rid of him.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Reality is a real probem for you i see.
Seattle wasn't taking contracts, it was actually Arizona, and their asking price was astrinomical.

Trading our 1st to dump Kass would have been a you move

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I love our offseason protected list... Archibald, Kassian and Keith. Thank goodness we didn't lose any of those guys to Seattle.
To be fair the available list wasn't some NHL almost all-stars, just further highlights our lack of depth.

Tyler Benson (F)
Alex Chiasson (F)
Adam Cracknell (F)
Tyler Ennis (F)
Joseph Gambardella (F)
Seth Griffith (F)
Dominik Kahun (F)
Jujhar Khaira (F)
Cooper Marody (F)
James Neal (F)
Alan Quine (F)
Patrick Russell (F)
Devin Shore (F)
Anton Slepyshev (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Bogdan Yakimov (F)
Tyson Barrie (D)
Oscar Klefbom (D)
Slater Koekkoek (D)
Dmitry Kulikov (D)
William Lagesson (D)
Adam Larsson (D)
Kris Russell (D)
Mikko Koskinen (G)
Mike Smith (G)
Alex Stalock (G)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Reality is a real probem for you i see.
Seattle wasn't taking contracts, it was actually Arizona, and their asking price was astrinomical.

Trading our 1st to dump Kass would have been a you move
Interesting, I didn't say trade our first, did I?

The point still stands that retaining him was stupid.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

If you retain a player simply for one opponent then that player isn't useful. Calgary LOVES playing Kassian and goading him into stupid penalties. His salary is astronomically stupid for what little he brings, and with term at that.

Wayne Simmonds has one less goal and as many points as Kassian for less than a million, and he's on the right side of +/-.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Arizona fan here. If you want to trade us Kassian + a 1st for Kessel and a later pick (like a 3rd or something) we would take that trade all day without even thinking about it. Probably means you're undervaluing your own player

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Kassian wouldn't be too bad if he actually played the game physically consistently or even just skated hard. Dude just stands there, waiting for the puck to get to him rather than engage. That's why he's useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad