Proposal: Kasperi Kapanen to the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You know it’s the offseason when there are multiple trade proposal threads discussing Kapanen.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Who do you think was a better big 4?
I mean his is why you’re all delusional... “name a better big 4”

Crosby
Malkin
Kessel
Whoever else you wanna throw in there with them.

It was a f***ing year ago they won a cup :laugh:

Top 6 forwards better than tml:
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Washington
Winnipeg

Don’t eee their fans parading around the boards harder than a rock with the “ohhhh big 4 big 4” bullshit. Your franchise has a losing culture, it’s what they do. Nothing is won in July. Also I’d chill, nylander isn’t even that good yet, he needs time. Marner was garbage for half the season. You do have 2 1cs and that’s awesome. Doesn’t mean shit

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Kinda like how Kapanens PPG in the AHL and Playoff OT goal made him instantly a top 6 forward, amirite?

And we'd keep Myers. Nothing to see here.
I just think the speed is where kap has value. He’s like grabner but actually has some Finnish (no pun) ;)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I just think the speed is where kap has value. He’s like grabner but actually has some Finnish (no pun) ;)

And I just think young defenseman take longer to develop than young forwards, as their mistakes tend to be more costly.

Couple that with a coach who though benching Gostisbehere and playing Manning and MacDonald over Sanheim is a good call, and youve got a recipe for young D not getting the opportunity they deserve.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I mean... you all said Myers was going to take the league by storm last year. He had a pretty unsuccessful season... he still has potential but come on. This guy is soooo over hyped, nothing special. I’d take Kap
Huh??? Everyone had Myers in the AHL last year. Hell, lots think he starts in the AHL again thus coming year.

Your info is wrong....unless you mean the AHL league. And even then, it's not like he had a bad season at all except for injuries.

Philly easily keeps their 6'5, 200+ lb, RH, great skating Dman with a mean streak.

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Kapanen is a tough case for me. Guy has all the potential in the world, and had one of the best 20 year old seasons in AHL history. His NHL play has left a lot to be desired, but the blame for that can be put squarely on Babcock making him play on the 4th line over Brown. He's top-9 NHL ready now, so he's exactly what we need for this season. But, he's also the most valuable of the expendable pieces for getting a top-4 RHD.

I'd pretty much only trade him for an overpayment at this point (Myers/Sanheim - obviously we'd add), or I'd rather trade Brown for a weaker prospect/young RD.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kapanen is a tough case for me. Guy has all the potential in the world, and had one of the best 20 year old seasons in AHL history. His NHL play has left a lot to be desired, but the blame for that can be put squarely on Babcock making him play on the 4th line over Brown. He's top-9 NHL ready now, so he's exactly what we need for this season. But, he's also the most valuable of the expendable pieces for getting a top-4 RHD.

I'd pretty much only trade him for an overpayment at this point (Myers/Sanheim - obviously we'd add), or I'd rather trade Brown for a weaker prospect/young RD.
Really, the Leafs have no reason to move him. Let him keep developing and he should force his way up the lineup.

As you noted, he does not have the value to grab dmen with top upside right now. But if he breaks out and say posts 35-40 ES points, then you might get more action.

But it needs to be said again, the Flyers are not trading Provy, ?Ghost,
Sanheim and Myers. That is our future top 4 and we have no one else in the system with their likelyhood to be top 4 Dmen.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Really, the Leafs have no reason to move him. Let him keep developing and he should force his way up the lineup.

As you noted, he does not have the value to grab dmen with top upside right now. But if he breaks out and say posts 35-40 ES points, then you might get more action.

But it needs to be said again, the Flyers are not trading Provy, ?Ghost,
Sanheim and Myers. That is our future top 4 and we have no one else in the system with their likelyhood to be top 4 Dmen.

Yup and I don't blame you guys at all.

For me trading Kapanen for anyone else on the Flyers (Hagg, Morin, etc) would not be worth it for us, especially because we haven't seen what the guy can do in real minutes.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs are not trading such a promising and cheap young forward. Guy can do so much more with more TOI.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I mean... you all said Myers was going to take the league by storm last year. He had a pretty unsuccessful season... he still has potential but come on. This guy is soooo over hyped, nothing special. I’d take Kap

No one said anything of the sort. Knowledgeable Flyers fans knew damn well he was going to be in the AHL and still needed grooming. Typical HF stuff......you won’t trade player X for our player Y so I’ll just bash player X to make myself feel better.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
6 foot 5 right handed defenseman with top 4 potential

Small blazing fast foward with solid skills but questionable hockey IQ.

Without looking at names what has more value in this league currently?

Be honest

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

Be honest
Great idea pal. Just great. In a thread where kapanen has been mentioned in almost every post, and where Myers have been mentioned a lot, you decide to ask a question on who has more value without looking at names, in the same thread may I add. Like we're supposed to be oblivious to the names or something after reading a thread where their names are just scattered through it.
Just pure genius.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Great idea pal. Just great. In a thread where kapanen has been mentioned in almost every post, and where Myers have been mentioned a lot, you decide to ask a question on who has more value without looking at names, in the same thread may I add. Like we're supposed to be oblivious to the names or something after reading a thread where their names are just scattered through it.
Just pure genius.
He hasn't revealed who the mystery players were yet.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just pure genius.

If you cant look at the post objectively and not tie a name to it, that reflects more on you than the post. Its a thought exercise.

Reactions: pmwlker

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Huh??? Everyone had Myers in the AHL last year. Hell, lots think he starts in the AHL again thus coming year.

Your info is wrong....unless you mean the AHL league. And even then, it's not like he had a bad season at all except for injuries.

Philly easily keeps their 6'5, 200+ lb, RH, great skating Dman with a mean streak.
Again, he is being pumped because he’s big and put up points in juniors. Haven’t heard one actual thing he does well. The “takes longer to develop” thing doesn’t really work. It’s not like he showed any flashes of brilliance in the A.....

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

Be honest
Here’s another example :laugh: 6’5 he’s a lock!!!!

Remember kurtis foster?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I mean his is why you’re all delusional... “name a better big 4”

Crosby
Malkin
Kessel
Whoever else you wanna throw in there with them.

It was a ****ing year ago they won a cup :laugh:

Top 6 forwards better than tml:
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Washington
Winnipeg

Don’t eee their fans parading around the boards harder than a rock with the “ohhhh big 4 big 4” bull****. Your franchise has a losing culture, it’s what they do. Nothing is won in July. Also I’d chill, nylander isn’t even that good yet, he needs time. Marner was garbage for half the season. You do have 2 1cs and that’s awesome. Doesn’t mean ****
Yeah. you sure you added all the teams? :laugh:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If you cant look at the post objectively and not tie a name to it, that reflects more on you than the post. Its a thought exercise.
I understand what he's trying to do. However, Its a post in a thread where the criteria of the players match players who were already mentioned in the thread. That makes it an extremely stupid post. If he had made a poll on it, where many people wouldn't know who the players were, because not everyone on hf would have read this thread, it would be fine. But for that poster to do it here, is just plain idiotic.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Again, he is being pumped because he’s big and put up points in juniors. Haven’t heard one actual thing he does well. The “takes longer to develop” thing doesn’t really work. It’s not like he showed any flashes of brilliance in the A.....

That's the basis for any prospect, no?

For future reference, its probably esaier to just type out "I dont know anything about your prospect".

Last edited:
Reactions: pmwlker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I understand what he's trying to do. However, Its a post in a thread where the criteria of the players match players who were already mentioned in the thread. That makes it an extremely stupid post. If he had made a poll on it, where many people wouldn't know who the players were, because not everyone on hf would have read this thread, it would be fine. But for that poster to do it here, is just plain idiotic.

Again, just think objectively. Its not that difficult. I think most people can objectively say that theyd take a large, smooth skating well rounded d man with top 4 potential over a fast, top 6 potential winger.. I dont need names or references to say that, and theres nothing in this thread that would sway me one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad