Proposal: Kasperi Kapanen to the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's probably a fair ask. I personally wouldn't do it but I think it's fair.

Kappy probably honestly has a little less value than Laughton. Kappy may end up better but Laughton has proven more at this point in time. Laughton holds more value to the Flyers than any other team would be willing to give up for him so we'll just keep him. I see this as the same case for Kappy and the Leafs

Do you value you Laughton higher than Lindblom? Because Kapanen and Lindblom have very similar trajectories.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Do you value you Laughton higher than Lindblom? Because Kapanen and Lindblom have very similar trajectories.

No we don’t. In fact Laughton May end up being lost in the numbers game as he hasn’t locked down a spot in the lineup yet. Lindblom we expect to be our 3LW long term.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Laughton probably isnt far behind, but yeah. Id put Kap and Lindblom on the same level-ish, with laughton slightly behind. This is going to be laughtons make it ot break it year, for me.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
No we don’t. In fact Laughton May end up being lost in the numbers game as he hasn’t locked down a spot in the lineup yet. Lindblom we expect to be our 3LW long term.

So why is Kapanen worth slightly less than Laughton...who is apparently lower in value than Lindblom. It doesn't add up.

Kap Age - 21
Lindblom Age - 21

Kap AHL: 0.81ppg
Lindblom AHL: 0.66ppg

Kap NHL: 0.18ppg
Lindblom NHL: 0.37ppg

Kap has better AHL numbers in part because he was on better teams. Lindblom has better NHL numbers in part because he's played higher in the lineup with better lines.

Laughton probably isnt far behind, but yeah. Id put Kap and Lindblom on the same level-ish, with laughton slightly behind. This is going to be laughtons make it ot break it year, for me.

He has 3 years on those 2, so I don't think Laughton is close right now. Laughton is around the same level of production but 3 years further into his career.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Elite speed I’ll give you

Elite shot.......really?
No not really! He will get better line-mates this year,possibly more of an opportunity to put his tools together.If another team sees that potential in him and gives him the same opportunity,then he has value!.
Right now he is mostly potential.Gotta say though,he has looked unstoppable at times!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So why is Kapanen worth slightly less than Laughton...who is apparently lower in value than Lindblom. It doesn't add up.

Kap Age - 21
Lindblom Age - 21

Kap has better AHL numbers in part because he was on better teams. Lindblom has better NHL numbers in part because he's played higher in the lineup with better lines.

He has 3 years on those 2, so I don't think Laughton is close right now. Laughton is around the same level of production but 3 years further into his career.

Like i said, make it or break it year. Laughton isnt expected to be a top or middle 6 er at this point. Hes a pretty much solidified his status as a bottom 6er. While he may not produce points, hes excellent on the forecheck and pushes plays while hes on the ice. Until our moron coach decided to swap lineups, Rafl- Laughton - Leier was dominating as a 4th line. Better possession numbers than both our 2nd and 3rd lines for the beginning of the year. WAs definitely odd to see, for sure. Laughton has value so long as you understand his role, and not his draft position.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Love how leafs fans keep referring to their “big 4” when teams have had better top 4 forwards over th past decade and didn’t get that hard about it. Literally means nothing until they win.

Back on topic, I actually think value wise kap for Myers is a great deal for both sides.

Not at all. Flyers don’t even think for a second of trading Myers for Kapanen. Awful.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's probably a fair ask. I personally wouldn't do it but I think it's fair.

Kappy probably honestly has a little less value than Laughton. Kappy may end up better but Laughton has proven more at this point in time. Laughton holds more value to the Flyers than any other team would be willing to give up for him so we'll just keep him. I see this as the same case for Kappy and the Leafs

Laughton is a very different player than Kapanen. He's 3 years deeper into his career, and he doesn't have any elite offensive tools. He has more offensive zone starts and poorer 5v5 metrics:

NameoiGF/60oiGA/60CF % rel
Laughton1.52.42.3
Kapanen1.41.80.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Laughton scores 1.1 pts/60 with 48.3% offensive zone starts. Kapanen scores 1.1pts/60 with 34.2% oZ starts.

Either way, neither has show they can be more than 3rd liners at this point. Kapanen (and Lindblom) have it in them though, in my opinion.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Elite speed I’ll give you

Elite shot.......really?
i probably oversold him a bit but he has a pretty nasty shot, good hands, amazing shot, elite skating, hes hard on the puck and takes the body. His problem is finish maybe thats iq related hard to tell. Hes a like a more skilled hyman and hyman is pretty good 2 way forward, who just had 40 points es or shorthanded, which i think kappy should be able to due at the very least.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Love how leafs fans keep referring to their “big 4” when teams have had better top 4 forwards over th past decade and didn’t get that hard about it. Literally means nothing until they win.

Back on topic, I actually think value wise kap for Myers is a great deal for both sides.

To echo the sentiment - flyers dont consider Myers for Kapanen for a moment, and thats before you consider that Myers is the Flyers only promising RHD prospect.

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018

Kap Age - 21
Lindblom Age - 21

I haven’t commented Kapanens value to the best of my recollection. I merely answered a question directed at Flyers fans.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I haven’t commented Kapanens value to the best of my recollection. I merely answered a question directed at Flyers fans.

One person said that Laughton was better than Kap, and i think we can all agree thats a stretch.

This would be the equivalent of me saying the poster who said last summer that it would take Provorov + for Nylander is the basis of all leafs opinions.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
One person said that Laughton was better than Kap, and i think we can all agree thats a stretch.

This would be the equivalent of me saying the poster who said last summer that it would take Provorov + for Nylander is the basis of all leafs opinions.

Got it.

Kap has a higher upside at this point I’d say than Laughton. I have Kap and Lindblom about even overall. Both above Laughton.

No comment on the Provorov proposal but I think you’ve seen enough of my posts to know roughly what I’d say.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Got it.

Kap has a higher upside at this point I’d say than Laughton. I have Kap and Lindblom about even overall. Both above Laughton.

No comment on the Provorov proposal but I think you’ve seen enough of my posts to know roughly what I’d say.

I think thats a fair way to look at it. Lindblom i tihnk is the more intelligent player, kapanen probably has better physical gifts. Laughton is the laggard.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I still would move muzzin for him plus something small.

Muzzin can play the right side and is on a good deal of contract for what he can do
Kapanen + Brooks/cond. 2nd/3rd for Muzzin

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I can see why the Leafs would want Simmonds and Sanheim. They lack size and grit on the team they have built, and quality D men. But I can't see why the Flyers would want Kapanen? Other than his dad once played in Philly which is not a great reason. From this perspective I don't see a fit not unless there are some major add ins. Flyers would say no in a NY second to this.
Yeah. Islanders took all the good ones from the leafs. Martin and Komorov

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Not at all. Flyers don’t even think for a second of trading Myers for Kapanen. Awful.
I mean... you all said Myers was going to take the league by storm last year. He had a pretty unsuccessful season... he still has potential but come on. This guy is soooo over hyped, nothing special. I’d take Kap

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I mean... you all said Myers was going to take the league by storm last year. He had a pretty unsuccessful season... he still has potential but come on. This guy is soooo over hyped, nothing special. I’d take Kap

Kinda like how Kapanens PPG in the AHL and Playoff OT goal made him instantly a top 6 forward, amirite?

And we'd keep Myers. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: pmwlker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig