Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I really love Nazar and have him as my choice at 8. Having said that, how can you not love the tenacity and skating of Kasper? In many ways he reminds me of Dallas Drake during his first stint on the Wings - my favorite player in my younger days.
I voted Nazar, but would be very happy to have either.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I really love Nazar and have him as my choice at 8. Having said that, how can you not love the tenacity and skating of Kasper? In many ways he reminds me of Dallas Drake during his first stint on the Wings - my favorite player in my younger days.
I voted Nazar, but would be very happy to have either.

If Kasper turns into a similar player as Drake it would be a bit disappointing the offense didnt develop as much as you hoped, but it still wouldnt be a bad pick at all. You get an absolute hammer on the forecheck that could score 20 goals at his best, played 1000+ games and was an NHL captain.

If you got a 60 point Dallas Drake at 8th overallI would be really ahppy about it

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
If Kasper turns into a similar player as Drake it would be a bit disappointing the offense didnt develop as much as you hoped, but it still wouldnt be a bad pick at all. You get an absolute hammer on the forecheck that could score 20 goals at his best, played 1000+ games and was an NHL captain.

If you got a 60 point Dallas Drake at 8th overallI would be really ahppy about it
I agree. I believe that Kasper has a higher offensive ceiling than Drake. Agreed with you totally - a 60 point Dallas Drake that plays center would make people very happy at 8. As I said, I still lean toward Nazar, but have no qualms if we take Kasper or even Savoie.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hey, I'm not anti-nazar. I love his game, but count on him growing 2 or 3 inches is unrealistic. If we pick him, great and I trust in the Stevie show, but not for him grow. Feel the same about savoie.
I would say one of the things I like on Nazar in terms of upside is being on a D1 weight program for the next two years. The U of M guys usually do pretty well developing their NHL players and building their bodies up to ready them for being professionals. I think one of the things that gets more interesting is if Nazar can play at a 195 or 200 and I am not saying his frame necessarily can do that but if he builds up and gets bigger and more powerful it also helps ensure he sticks at center. Now with some guys you worry about pace, but he is such a smooth skater I think he can take the effort of bulking up similar to Veleno over last summer. Time will tell, but I think Nazar's upside is an interesting part of why I really like him higher on the board than most.

I think his playmaking also made big strides when shifting over to the middle. He has just begun to scratch the surface of the player I think he can be. With all of the U of M guys going pro, he also should slide right into a good opportunity at the top 6 so we can project his development pretty well which is nice. There are selling points on a few guys, I could see Kasper being and Eriksson Ek kind of player. Gauthier reminds me of Kreider and Boldy, I just think he ideally stays on the wing though he will get a chance at BC to prove he can be a center. Savioe seemingly just always is around the puck when I see him. I think we should have a choice on a couple of those guys, just kind of the four I have started to hope for being in our range.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfrank21

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Kasper looks like the type of player we want Veleno to develop into. At best a top 2 center, and at worst top 3 center that can provide PP net front presence. He for sure looks like the safest pick. I won't be disappointed if Yzerman selects him.

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Would you compare Kasper to Lundell?

I said early on there are a lot of similarities in that their games aren't flashy offensively but they are both very smart and have the ability to be in the right place at the right time and have great motors. Lundell has a better shot but Kasper is a better skater.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
HP ranks Kaspar higher and I trust HP.
But Elite Prospects also has several scouts who rank Nazar as having the highest ceiling in the draft. I like the idea of swinging for the fences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad