• Nazar

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is that the best place to develop at North America with Denver ?

I think the place where the prospect is going after the draft, has started to a big factor.
Worked out extremely well with Larkin.

Reactions: NickH8

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Neither.

Kasper is big enough to play center but it looks like his ceiling is the 3rd line. I know COVID messed up everyone's development, but that guy hasn't had a good year since 2019 and even then he wasn't setting the world on fire with his scoring.

Nazar appears to be the poor man's Savoie.

I'd rather have Savoie, or Gauthier, but they'll probably both be gone. But if they're both gone, that almost certainly means that Kemell, Geekie, and Lambert are all still there, and I'd take any one of those 3 over Kasper or Nazar.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Beniers has looked good so far, 9 pts in 10 games for a crappy Kraken team. Michigan has been good for prospects, and unlike juniors they play against older kids.

I'd rather have Savoie though.
I knew I was forgetting one ha, they were stacked. I'm also leaning towards Savoie if he's there.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Worked out extremely well with Larkin.

and Hughes, Power, Johnson, Brisson, etc. all did well at UofM.

Beniers has looked good so far, 9 pts in 10 games for a crappy Kraken team. Michigan has been good for prospects, and unlike juniors they play against older kids.

I'd rather have Savoie though.
A good college hockey program is as good a place to develop as anywhere else. I'd say it's tied if not better than Rogle/Frolunda. The issue with Swedish pro hockey is some of the mid to lower tier guys get left behind. If a guy like Niederbach played in the NCAA I think it could be better for him, hopefully he gets a good role in Rogle.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I don’t care about flashy - I just want a kid that is going to get the job done and meets the expectations of where he is drafted.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I believe Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley, Nemec, Jiricek and Savoie will be gone before we draft, but if one of them is available we should get one of those.
After those 6 I like Kasper and Nazar the most.
For those guys who does not like Kasper , they did not see him during playoffs. Nazar is local boy who reminds me my son so much and actually center

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
A good college hockey program is as good a place to develop as anywhere else. I'd say it's tied if not better than Rogle/Frolunda. The issue with Swedish pro hockey is some of the mid to lower tier guys get left behind. If a guy like Niederbach played in the NCAA I think it could be better for him, hopefully he gets a good role in Rogle.

I am biased but if we're looking at pedigree, the University of Michigan is miles ahead of Rogle in terms of its developmental output. I have a lot of respect for the program that the Abbott brothers have put together there, and I understand why the board is drawn to Rogle based on the years that Seider and Wallinder had there respectively.

But at the end of the day, U of M is churning out NHL talent at a much better clip than Rogle is. Michigan's alumni drafted in the first round the past ten years or so have, for the most part, met or exceeded their draft day expectations (Trouba, Larkin, Werenski, Connor, Norris, Pacioretty, Hughes). The notion of yoinking a kid from Mt. Clemens over to Angelholm to satisfy this board's Europhilia complex is something I'm sure that no NHL executive would seriously consider, barring another pandemic or maybe something like a supervolcano event.

Yzerplan91

Mar 15, 2022
Neither.

Kasper is big enough to play center but it looks like his ceiling is the 3rd line. I know COVID messed up everyone's development, but that guy hasn't had a good year since 2019 and even then he wasn't setting the world on fire with his scoring.

Nazar appears to be the poor man's Savoie.

I'd rather have Savoie, or Gauthier, but they'll probably both be gone. But if they're both gone, that almost certainly means that Kemell, Geekie, and Lambert are all still there, and I'd take any one of those 3 over Kasper or Nazar.
Ceiling is 3rd liner? Ugh ya no

I remember seider getting compared to carlo by some and having no offensive game, ppl were worried about raymond cause of his stats

Ya I'm not worried about kasper , think he'll have a big season in rogle and play in the nhl in 23-24 . I'd have zero hesitation picking him and as someone mentioned he seems like someone we'd be able to count on in the playoffs

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Is that the best place to develop at North America with Denver ?

I think the place where the prospect is going after the draft, has started to a big factor.
He is 100% committed to Michigan.

But his CHL rights are also held by the London Knights. Another powerhouse player developer… if he ever changes course.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
My argument for Kasper: It seems like every time we read about a prospect that's "safe" with a high-floor-low-ceiling they turn out better than expectations.

Larkin was thought of as a future 2nd/3rd line guy in his draft year and is a decent 1st line talent.
Anton Lundell was a top 5 rookie this past season and looks like he's going to make Sam Bennett completely expendable in Florida.
Joel Eriksson-Ek was a "low ceiling" guy and he turned into a Selke caliber 2nd/3rd line forward. The same could be said of Danault and Pageau.
Ryan Kesler was one of those guys "high floor low ceiling" types in his draft year but turned into a phenomenal 2nd line shutdown center.
Fyodor Svechkov had a really good D+1 in Russia and looks to be a future top 6 guy.
Mason McTavish was probably the best player in the OHL last year, Johnston's inflated stats be damned. He looks like a for sure top line talent.
Matt Beniers also looked phenomenal last year in Michigan, at the Olympics, the WC and in his 10 games with Seattle.

So what I'm getting at is this; nobody really knows Kasper's ceiling and just because he looks like he could be a good 3rd liner doesn't mean that is all there is to his game. I don't know how high his ceiling is but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him exceed those 3rd line at best expectations like the players I listed above. Each of them plays (or played) with a ton of heart, grit, smarts and have non-stop motors.

The Rogle J20 team was not a very strong one but he scored better than a point per game there as the team's top center. The Austrian J20 team belongs in D1A but he was also there as the top center. On the Austrian men's team he was the top line LW and looked like he belonged.

His points per game on the season wasn't much lower than Lucas Raymond's in about the same amount of playing time per game, but he currently holds the record for playoff points per game amongst first year draft eligible players in the SHL. He had the highest corsi rating amongst forwards on his team that played the whole postseason, and he had 0.5ppg in the Champions Hockey League matches.

Even if Kasper only ends up as a 3rd line center then he's still incredibly valuable. Those guys play 16-18 minutes a night and still get around 40 points a season and help your team create mismatches and take a lot of defensive responsibility. A good 3rd line center is more valuable than a 2nd line winger.

EDIT: I'll also add that I'm a fan of Nazar who I think will be a solid scorer in the NHL.

Reactions: CountMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad