Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Erik is his own worst enemy in a way. Expectations are so high for this guy that one bad game is cause for concern. Thankfully he is never happy with his play and is also striving to be better.

He looks really casual and sloppy at times. Kinda like Silva in MMA/UFC.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
He looks really casual and sloppy at times. Kinda like Silva in MMA/UFC.

i can agree with this.
he's a little too cool out there right now.

it doesnt seem like a physical thing, he can accelerate and fly - he's just not really doing it much.
he needs to be driving the pace and breaking the other team down, right now he's making nice passes playing decently but IMO not playing Karlsson style hockey.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I think his natural aproach is a bit soppy and with a swagger which looked cool when he played superior hockey before Cooke sliced him. I don't think Karlsson is mature enough to change that style even if his skating isn't 100%.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think his natural aproach is a bit soppy and with a swagger which looked cool when he played superior hockey before Cooke sliced him. I don't think Karlsson is mature enough to change that style even if his skating isn't 100%.

Agreed.

Against Toronto, late in 3rd period, when Wiercioch elected to shoot rather pass, he started slamming his stick really hard in direction of Wiercioch after the play. Shows he needs to mature some more.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Agreed.

Against Toronto, late in 3rd period, when Wiercioch elected to shoot rather pass, he started slamming his stick really hard in direction of Wiercioch after the play. Shows he needs to mature some more.

I've not been happy with Wiercioch's tendency to fire the puck up-ice all the time, he doesn't take advantage of his d partner enough. I'll be glad if Karlsson gets through to him.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Nothing wrong with having a player discussion thread, especially for someone like EK. As for being concerned about him yet, I won't worry at all until it's been a year since his injury. Until then, him just being healed enough to come back and play will remain a miracle to me.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Nothing wrong with having a player discussion thread, especially for someone like EK. As for being concerned about him yet, I won't worry at all until it's been a year since his injury. Until then, him just being healed enough to come back and play will remain a miracle to me.

Thank you.

I didn't watch the game last night due to the time difference (started like 04:30 in Sweden), the highlights on NHL.COM didn't look too good. How was he?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
He clearly isn't at his Norris-level pace. Even in the Buffalo game, where he was pretty good, he looked slower. In the Toronto game he got overwhelmed at times and where he'd strip pucks away from players prior, he got pushed off and had to recover several times. Last night vs. the Kings he was ok, not elite but ok. His passes were good, his skating looked improved but there is still something clearly missing, whether it's that elite speed and decision-making or just the drive to get through an 82-game slog again.

It's still early, hopefully he starts producing soon though.

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
The important part of last night? His skating looked fantastic. Pivoting, speed bursts...

It's coming together.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The important part of last night? His skating looked fantastic. Pivoting, speed bursts...

It's coming together.

I thought his pivots were terrible.

He's getting beat to the outside frequently because when he pivots, he loses most of his speed.

I agree that when he skates forwards he is looking better.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I have all kinds of sympathy for Karlsson but in the meantime he's getting beat to the outside.

No issues with that- it was more the vagina remark...

He's still recovering physically, and will continue to recover mentally beyond that.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
he must not think he can do some of the stuff he was doing last year yet because hes not even trying to do them.
he's playing (style wise) like a regular good offensive defenceman.

there isnt a lot of Karlsson in his game right now. Flashes but not the up and down, all over the ice driving the play karlsson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have all kinds of sympathy for Karlsson but in the meantime he's getting beat to the outside.

His ability to turn really seems like the issue that has improved the least since the playoffs. I am glad he is such a confident individual, its going to be a while until he is 100 percent and able to play the dominating way he can. He still has flashes of brilliance which is very encouraging. This is a process I don't expect him to be back to his full self until next season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
His ability to turn really seems like the issue that has improved the least since the playoffs. I am glad he is such a confident individual, its going to be a while until he is 100 percent and able to play the dominating way he can. He still has flashes of brilliance which is very encouraging. This is a process I don't expect him to be back to his full self until next season.

I'm pretty amazed that he hasn't publicly expressed his frustration because you have to think it's wearing on him.

That aspect thus far has been very mature IMO.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Coming in peace!

How about EK+Lehner for Eberle+J schultz+Dubnyk+2014 1 and 2 round pick?

:laugh:

If I was in a very good mood, I might give you Lehner for that.

Lmfao, this.

I thought his pivots were terrible.

He's getting beat to the outside frequently because when he pivots, he loses most of his speed.

I agree that when he skates forwards he is looking better.

Agreed. His pivots were horrible but much better than Toronto. Toronto he was just down right embarassing to watch but he did catch some players going quick to outside.

Also, Karlsson's skating in general, though his full speed and acceleration is back, is sloppy and no where fluent like he used to appear to be floating out there.

Btw, I ain't worried. Like the guy who said above about his magical play on blueline, Karlsson is slowly coming back and if we already seeing progress game to game i'm very pleased.

He was much better last night and made some brilliant plays. He played last night like how he played in his Norris season, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad