Value of: Karlsson, Stone, Duchene to...

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I don't even know if I'd give up Barrie + any of those two first rounders for Karlsson at 13M$ for 7 years... so both firsts and Barrie, no f***ing way.

Reactions: Ararana

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
A player like stone is now worth a #4 pick? Yes we'd have the best odds in the lottery but much better odds of picking #4, I'd want more than just our pick back for Stone.

You might **want** more, but chances are, you aren't going to get much more than that. Trade everyone away, and you've got the best chances at Hughes, who should be far better than Stone. If the offer was on the table, you should heavily consider it, as is.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
the point that no one in their right mind would trade Drai and a guy like Bouchard for 2 soon to be UFAs? You're missing more than just the point on this one a little common sense is hiding on you.

The fact you assume any deal of that magnitude could be consummated with any team without having extensions in place/agreed up for both shows your lack of forethought and sheep like mentality to immediately yell “oh hell no not for a rental” just like everyone else who doesn’t think before they speak. It’s not I deficient in common sense here.

Beyond that, the initial point you attempted to make in the first place is that Pacioretty didn’t return and Draisaitl like player. The fact you’d even compare the relative value of Pacioretty to Karlsson when arguing the potential amount coming back in a trade for either is beyond insane. The point the original poster was trying to make is that given Pacioretty returned more than anyone expected shines some positive light on what Karlsson could return, that being of significantly more than Pacioretty given who he is in comparison.

It should also be noted that given Pacioretty had a contract framework already in agreement with VGK management lends very good indication that such with be the same with Karlsson if and/or when he’s moved, which in turn will bring in a significant return relative to his own value as a now controlled asset, contrary to what all the pundits say.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
The fact you assume any deal of that magnitude could be consummated with any team without having extensions in place/agreed up for both shows your lack of forethought and sheep like mentality to immediately yell “oh hell no not for a rental” just like everyone else who doesn’t think before they speak. It’s not I deficient in common sense here.

Beyond that, the initial point you attempted to make in the first place is that Pacioretty didn’t return and Draisaitl like player. The fact you’d even compare the relative value of Pacioretty to Karlsson when arguing the potential amount coming back in a trade for either is beyond insane. The point the original poster was trying to make is that given Pacioretty returned more than anyone expected shines some positive light on what Karlsson could return, that being of significantly more than Pacioretty given who he is in comparison.

It should also be noted that given Pacioretty had a contract framework already in agreement with VGK management lends very good indication that such with be the same with Karlsson if and/or when he’s moved, which in turn will bring in a significant return relative to his own value as a now controlled asset, contrary to what all the pundits say.
Why give a significant return? Just keep the top prospects and wait till he is a free agent. I don’t think the return will be as great as Ottawa fans are demanding. Signed or a 1 year rental he still won’t get Glass or Heiskanen. GMs are not dumb. They know they can wait it out. They play a long game where fans on here only see short term. Hate to disappoint Sens fans but the return won’t be that great.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Why give a significant return? Just keep the top prospects and wait till he is a free agent. I don’t think the return will be as great as Ottawa fans are demanding. Signed or a 1 year rental he still won’t get Glass or Heiskanen. GMs are not dumb. They know they can wait it out. They play a long game where fans on here only see short term. Hate to disappoint Sens fans but the return won’t be that great.

Then why didn’t Vegas just to that with Pacioretty?

Reactions: BigCanadian

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Karlsson (extended) to Tampa
Serc, Foote, First

Stone (extended) NJ
Zacha, Wood, First

Duchene (extended) NYI
Bellows, First, + decent prospect

Best case scenario ^

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Karlsson (extended) to Tampa
Serc, Foote, First

Stone (extended) NJ
Zacha, Wood, First

Duchene (extended) NYI
Bellows, First, + decent prospect

Best case scenario ^
I’m not sure Lightning fans would like losing Sergachev and Foote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad