Value of: Karlsson, Stone, Duchene to...

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If that's actually doable... that should be priority 1 on the "to do" list.

Having that pick back would make sen fans sleep a little easier.
A player like stone is now worth a #4 pick? Yes we'd have the best odds in the lottery but much better odds of picking #4, I'd want more than just our pick back for Stone.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
A player like stone is now worth a #4 pick? Yes we'd have the best odds in the lottery but much better odds of picking #4, I'd want more than just our pick back for Stone.
What else would you want with the 1st?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I want so badly to see Stone, Duchene and Karlsson all in the Central division and all on different teams. Say:
Karlsson to Dallas
Stone to Colorado
Duchene to Minnesota (was going to suggest Chicago, but seriously, f**k them)

Just make this division even stupider. For entertainment value, you can't beat watching 26 divisional games offering the same quality as the Stanley Cup playoffs.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Karlsson alone likely gets Draisaitl and Bouchard. Even if you don't think so, it's closer than if you add in Duchene.
No, it isn't. Karlsson will never return Drai and Duchene will never return a prospect like Bouchard.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Yeah that's fair. An NHL projectable prospect coming back would be nice though.
I hope things start getting better for the Sens. You guys were one goal away from the cup final to last years disaster. We were the worst team in hockey to making the playoffs a year later. Anything can happen. You guys have some good prospects and should get more if/when Karlsson is traded.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Did you see what Pacioretty returned? Karlsson is a way, way, waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better player.
lmao did Patches return a Drai type player? oh no he didn't he returned a prospect and he only got that because the team took a cap dump along with it.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We’ll give you guys your 1st back for Stone.

I wouldn't, not even for an extended Stone. After last night's Melnyk video, I'm absolutely rolling the dice on that pick. The Avs need a legit #2 center (barring Jost taking a huge step) and I think there's a good chance they get it with the Sens pick (no I don't think it's going to be Jack Hughes).

Reactions: milehigh11

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
You’re missing the point
the point that no one in their right mind would trade Drai and a guy like Bouchard for 2 soon to be UFAs? You're missing more than just the point on this one a little common sense is hiding on you.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I wouldn't, not even for an extended Stone. After last night's Melnyk video, I'm absolutely rolling the dice on that pick. The Avs need a legit #2 center (barring Jost taking a huge step) and I think there's a good chance they get it with the Sens pick (no I don't think it's going to be Jack Hughes).
Stone makes us better now. Stone’s exactly what we need. I understand we get a chance at Hughes and the other good prospects, but they won’t make us better for 1-3 years from now. I absolutely think Jost will be our 2nd line center for many years. He looked good in the playoffs. Stone plays a 200 ft game. I would be fine with keeping the pick, though. But if the Sens offered Stone right now, I’d do it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Here's what I think...

1. Karlsson traded to Tampa for Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd

2. Duchene traded to NY Islanders for Bellows, Aho, a 1st and 3rd

3. Stone traded to Nashville for Fabbro, Gaudreau and a 1st

This is what you call a new start. You add three good, young D in Foote, Aho and Fabbro. Add three highly-skilled, young F in Bellows, Cirelli, Raddysh... and a very nice, well-rounded F in Gaudreau. In addition, you add three 1sts, a 2nd, and two 3rds. This would fit the description of Melnyk talking about "a ton of picks."

Adding those young players to a young core of Tkachuk, White, Chabot, Brown, Batherson, Formenton, etc. would be a very nice start of a rebuild.

Why does TBL get a $95 million cap when every other team gets only 79.5? :laugh::sarcasm: Or is it $100 mil?

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
The Avs need to keep their picks and young prospects. We are not a contending team.. We made the playoffs pretty much by accident. STL trade Stats away, it took extreme luck for us to get in as well as having career years from a few players.

I see us missing the playoffs and having 2 lottery picks. In this draft, I will take those odds. Plus we have 30 million in cap room after the season with only Z and Rants to sign to big money deals.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The Avs need to keep their picks and young prospects. We are not a contending team.. We made the playoffs pretty much by accident. STL trade Stats away, it took extreme luck for us to get in as well as having career years from a few players.

I see us missing the playoffs and having 2 lottery picks. In this draft, I will take those odds. Plus we have 30 million in cap room after the season with only Z and Rants to sign to big money deals.
Yeah, let’s make the playoffs, then miss again for the next 2-3 years, then make it again, then miss again for the next 2-3 years, etc.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Stone

For

Smith
Fabbro
Mismash

---

Duchene

For

Foudy
Milano

---

Karlsson(extended 7 years, 13 mill per)

For

Ottawa 1st 2019
Colorado 1st 2019
Barrie
Meloche

---

Tossing out ideas, not married to any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad