Value of: Karlsson, Stone, Duchene to...

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Put us out of our misery.

What are the reasonable values of the following? No sound reasoning as to where I am designating, them outside of potential fit.

Karlsson to Tampa
Stone to Winnipeg
Duchene to Columbus

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'd love Stone, but Jets can't afford him with Wheeler and Laine.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Karlsson alone likely gets Draisaitl and Bouchard. Even if you don't think so, it's closer than if you add in Duchene.

Yeah... what was the approximate consensus on the return for Hoffman? Probably something else than Boedker and a 4th round pick?

You are putting too much value for guys that have pose a risk for the mgmt or the guys who consider the mgmt posing as a risk for them. Karlsson is already gone. At the TDL it's gonna only picks and Dorion asking a guy like Drai will be met with laughter.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Here's what I think...

1. Karlsson traded to Tampa for Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd

2. Duchene traded to NY Islanders for Bellows, Aho, a 1st and 3rd

3. Stone traded to Nashville for Fabbro, Gaudreau and a 1st

This is what you call a new start. You add three good, young D in Foote, Aho and Fabbro. Add three highly-skilled, young F in Bellows, Cirelli, Raddysh... and a very nice, well-rounded F in Gaudreau. In addition, you add three 1sts, a 2nd, and two 3rds. This would fit the description of Melnyk talking about "a ton of picks."

Adding those young players to a young core of Tkachuk, White, Chabot, Brown, Batherson, Formenton, etc. would be a very nice start of a rebuild.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I would offer a deal contingent on Karlsson signing a long term deal that is negotiated prior to the trade (Similar to the Andersen deal).

Nylander
Liljegren/Sandin OTT choice (our top prospects basically)
1st 2019
Conditional 1st 2020 on the Leafs making the finals this year or next

Leafs let Gardiner walk and they are in no worse shape now than if they kept Nylander cap wise, and the defense is a lot more balanced..

Dermott - Karlsson
Rielly - Zaitsev
One of the many LD we have / One of the many RD

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
People are offering wayyyy to much here this is GM Eugene Melnyk were talking about if you take Smith or Ryan with Duchene, Stone or Karlsson Melnyk will give them to you for your 17th best prospect and a 5th round pick.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I would offer a deal contingent on Karlsson signing a long term deal that is negotiated prior to the trade (Similar to the Andersen deal).

Nylander
Liljegren/Sandin OTT choice (our top prospects basically)
1st 2019
Conditional 1st 2020 on the Leafs making the finals this year or next

Leafs let Gardiner walk and they are in no worse shape now than if they kept Nylander cap wise, and the defense is a lot more balanced..

Dermott - Karlsson
Rielly - Zaitsev
One of the many LD we have / One of the many RD

No chance, this absolutely guts our team for a guy who has had major injuries and may never return to top form.

This also guts our long term chances as well as we'll have 40+ million tied into Karlsson, Matthews, Marner and Tavares while trading away our cheap ELC replacements.

Ottawa is not in a position of strength and this trade effectively assumes they are.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We’ll give you guys your 1st back for Stone.

Neutral fan, thinks it makes sense for both sides, particularly if Stone will discuss a willingness to extend, and what the terms would be. (I know he can't sign now)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad