Speculation: Karlsson Skips Season-Ending Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Well lots could happen ...What if we win Dahlin,and resign EK??We would have Chabot,Dahlin and EK.......
And what if Karlsson demands a trade or refuses to report to the team (kinda like what he's doing now honestly), and the Senators don't win the draft lottery?

Then all your left with is Chabot and incompetent management. But hey, Dahlin, Chabot and EK! As well as Melnyk and Dorion!!!!

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
If any of you have ever lost a child you should know how hard it is. Very testy not just coping with the loss on your end, but with helping your mate. I know more than a few people who have destroyed their relationships in the process, trying to make sense of it all
I know people are going to bring that up as rationalizing why he isn't finishing up the final games of the season... however...

Did he play games after the passing of his child? Obviously he has, since the child died March 19th. I understand he is probably going through turmoil right now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he has played after it happened.

Loads of people would have understood if he took a break from hockey after it happened. However, he didn't.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I know people are going to bring that up as rationalizing why he isn't finishing up the final games of the season... however...

Did he play games after the passing of his child? Obviously he has, since the child died March 19th. I understand he is probably going through turmoil right now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he has played after it happened..
From the very start, Karlsson had the support of the team in playing however many games, whether he wanted to be his wife, or play on the team with his friends.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Did he play games after the passing of his child? Obviously he has, since the child died March 19th. I understand he is probably going through turmoil right now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he has played after it happened.

Loads of people would have understood if he took a break from hockey after it happened. However, he didn't.

He played only the home games for the Sens after the tragedy, and didnt leave Ottawa (so he could be with his wife)... And yes its 100% of the reason why hes not with the team right now, nice try though.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And what if Karlsson demands a trade or refuses to report to the team (kinda like what he's doing now honestly), and the Senators don't win the draft lottery?

Then all your left with is Chabot and incompetent management. But hey, Dahlin, Chabot and EK! As well as Melnyk and Dorion!!!!
WOW.......Are you for real here ????

Reactions: branch

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Clearly his wife is more important to him at this stage and it should be that way. Even if it was the Stanley Cup Finals and Game 7, your Wife should be well ahead on the Priority list!

What a piece of garbage that stalker person is! SAD!

Edit- He played after the child's death, because he could still go home to his wife afterwards, and on the road he can't. Not really too difficult to understand.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

Are you suggesting Karlsson is refusing to report to the team as opposed to being granted a leave of absence to be there for his wife?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It's nothing like he's doing now.

If you don't understand why he's not on the road trip you, you may have some bigger, underlying issues

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Look, Sens fans are fully aware that Karlsson is getting traded. We know that management is broke and refuses to pay Karlsson what he deserves. We know we are going to get a horrible return because 1) our GM is an idiot and 2) He is being forced to add Ryans boat anchor of a contract.

That being said, what is happening in his life is more important than hockey. Leave the guy alone until the draft.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Clearly his wife is more important to him at this stage and it should be that way. Even if it was the Stanley Cup Finals and Game 7, your Wife should be well ahead on the Priority list!

What a piece of garbage that stalker person is! SAD!

Edit- He played after the child's death, because he could still go home to his wife afterwards, and on the road he can't. Not really too difficult to understand.

This is something we often forget as fans.
This is literally a job for these guys.
Yeh there is pride and accomplishments, etc but it's just a job.
I know if I was going through what he is and my company asked me to go fly out of town for a meeting, obviously I wouldn't go.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I think we found the person harassing him on twitter.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo Vegas is the only possible destination if it is true the Bobby Ryan's deal is attached.

Bobby Ryan is not a LTIR candidate. He is playing badly but he is playing. He's only 31.

Ryan has a cap hit of 7.25 AAV for 4 more seasons. Ottawa is already retaining on Phaneuf, so I doubt they would retain on Ryan considering you are only allowed to retain on two deals at once, so that would paralyze them on retention for a long time. (edit: I was wrong about two retentions. You can have 3. So maybe this is an option, although it leaves Ottawa paying a lot of cash in retention deals, which defeats their purpose a bit)

Karlsson has 6.5 AAV, but it is about to be 12 AAV in one more year, and that's conservative considering he said he's not interested in a discount of any sort.

Any team trading for Karlsson could send salary the other way, but the whole point of this trade is for Ottawa to shed salary, so it would still be very lopsided in terms of cap leaving Ottawa.

Ryan has a NMC. He would need to be protected in the Seattle expansion. No team would find this acceptable except Vegas, since they don't have to participate in the Seattle expansion.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Imo Vegas is the only possible destination if it is true the Bobby Ryan's deal is attached.

Bobby Ryan is not a LTIR candidate. He is playing badly but he is playing. He's only 31.

Ryan has a cap hit of 7.25 AAV for 4 more seasons. Ottawa is already retaining on Phaneuf, so I doubt they would retain on Ryan considering you are only allowed to retain on two deals at once, so that would paralyze them on retention for a long time. (edit: I was wrong about two retentions. You can have 3. So maybe this is an option, although it leaves Ottawa paying a lot of cash in retention deals, which defeats their purpose a bit)

Karlsson has 6.5 AAV, but it is about to be 12 AAV in one more year, and that's conservative considering he said he's not interested in a discount of any sort.

Any team trading for Karlsson could send salary the other way, but the whole point of this trade is for Ottawa to shed salary, so it would still be very lopsided in terms of cap leaving Ottawa.

Ryan has a NMC. He would need to be protected in the Seattle expansion. No team would find this acceptable except Vegas, since they don't have to participate in the Seattle expansion.
5 hand injuries or more in the past year and a half say otherwise....Also Ryan had the same NTC and was left unprotected in the Vegas expansion draft....Please dont try to make up stuff

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Everyone deals with trauma differently, but I know for me personally when people i've loved have died, i've taken a day or two to deal with the shock and then tried to continue on with my normal life as best I could. Sitting around, doing nothing and focusing on horrible things f***s up my head. Of course I've never had jobs where I had to leave the city for days or weeks, so i could still be around loved ones after a days work.

Seems perfectly rational for Karlsson to play in home games and not road games.

All of this doesn't make one lick of difference in what he plans to do with his career moving forward, and trying to imply that it does is rather disgusting.

Reactions: topshelf15

Jan 21, 2018
I don't know if what they're doing is against the law, though. It's just a very persistent troll.

If it's not against the law I'm pretty sure once they expose that loser the entire Sens lineup will be outside their house with hockey sticks in hand.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Did you just suggest Erik Karlsson is using the loss of his son as an excuse to not play games for the Ottawa Senators?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I love reading posts where the poster thinks they know what they are talking about but by the end of the post it is very evident, that they clearly don’t know as much as they think they do.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad