Speculation: Karlsson Skips Season-Ending Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Ottawa closes out their season with three on the road, but Erik Karlsson is staying home.

Erik Karlsson not with Senators for final 3 road games - Sportsnet.ca

I think it was clear what him picking up that puck meant, but between that and the awful stuff going on with his wife/unborn son and an alleged online stalker, it would appear he is done in Ottawa either way.

Does a deal get done between now and the lottery/Draft? If traded now, would obviously involve a non-playoff team. Who of them can offer up the best package?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Online stalker?

Yes, there is allegedly a person using multiple anonymous social media accounts to harass he and his wife. It's apparently been going on for months, but has only intensified with the death of his son:

comment2.jpg

It's being reported in the media now so hopefully they can find out who is doing it. What a piece of ****.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yes, there is allegedly a person using multiple anonymous social media accounts to harass he and his wife. It's apparently been going on for months, but has only intensified with the death of his son:

It's being reported in the media now so hopefully they can find out who is doing it. What a piece of ****.
what a POS.

f*** whoever is running those accounts.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Maybe him leaving Ottawa is a good thing. This season has been a jynx for Karlsson, injuries, lack of production, Sens are a dumpster fire, his wife loses the baby. Time for him to get a new start somewhere else. This would be good for him and his psyche.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

comment2.jpg

I wonder if they can track that guy down through his IP address. If any expert on the subject is willing to chime in, I'd be curious to know what the authorities can do to track down this asshole.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I wonder if they can track that guy down through his IP address. If any expert on the subject is willing to chime in, I'd be curious to know what the authorities can do to track down this *******.
IMO should be quite easy to track, and an easy case for harassment if they can show multiple accounts used for hate over a long period of time, no judge will be lenient on harassing someone saying 'oh it's only online trolling' after the person attacked someone after death of their son

Not an expert tho lol

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I wonder if they can track that guy down through his IP address. If any expert on the subject is willing to chime in, I'd be curious to know what the authorities can do to track down this *******.
They are likely behind multiple proxies.

Not impossible to find them, but it's usually very difficult.

Not an expert, but people that do this usually know what they're doing, and how to protect themselves from being doxxed.

I don't know if what they're doing is against the law, though. It's just a very persistent troll.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I couldn't imagine doing such things even to people I hate. The mentality this person has is mind boggling low. What a crap life they lead.

Karlsson has handled everything with total class. Sad he's gonna be leaving the Sens soon. Makes me sick knowing the owner is such a pile of turds.

Reactions: COHawk

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
He isn't getting traded now. Nobody knows where they're picking and any non-playoff team could conceivably jump to a top 3 pick.

If he moves, it's at the draft.

Feb 19, 2018
I think with the Canucks reportedly going hard after Subban they are looking for that number 1 dman and the fact he’s an offensive ppqb dman who our GM highly covets they will be making a push for Karlsson. With the Sedins retirement a changing of the guard will be needed and who better then the next Swedish Captain to take over. Being in the west and having all that cap space with young assets available to offer and a owner hungry to stay competitive I think the writing is on the wall.

Conspiracy theory I guess but time will tell and our GM is yet to make his mark. Quinn with Bure, Keenan with Messier, Burke with the Sedins, Nonis with Luongo, Gillis with Sundin and now Benning with Karlsson? Was that coincidence or was that ownership stepping in for that big ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad