Confirmed with Link: Karlsson mega thread vol 6: five stages of grief edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The timing of this is what stinks most to me.

Dorion said they didn't want the distraction, but insisted pulling the trigger wasn't because camp was starting today. That is absolute bullshit.

You make EK show up and play, and dominate (since he is fully healthy), which raises his value, and trade him mid-season if you're hellbent on shipping him out.

You don't trade him for beans because you're up against your self-imposed time limit of the start of training camp.

Urgh such incompetence. I'm devastated and feel betrayed by my team.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Was the return low because Dorion wouldn't trade with Eastern Conference teams? From the trade stipulation, it seems he was worried about EK being flipped to a conference or division opponent.

But why does he care? It seems like SURELY he could have gotten a better offer somewhere else.
Return was low because Dorion is a moron.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The timing of this is what stinks most to me.

Dorion said they didn't want the distraction, but insisted pulling the trigger wasn't because camp was starting today. That is absolute bull****.

You make EK show up and play, and dominate (since he is fully healthy), which raises his value, and trade him mid-season if you're hellbent on shipping him out.

You don't trade him for beans because you're up against your self-imposed time limit of the start of training camp.

Urgh such incompetence. I'm devastated and feel betrayed by my team.

You shouldn't feel betrayed, we all were.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Was the return low because Dorion wouldn't trade with Eastern Conference teams? From the trade stipulation, it seems he was worried about EK being flipped to a conference or division opponent.

But why does he care? It seems like SURELY he could have gotten a better offer somewhere else.

If not now than at the previous trade deadline. Brassard got a better package. He probably was offered something better than what he got here but held out hoping for something better, then the scene spiraled out of control and suddenly he had no choice but to comply with an internally created artificial deadline. Obviously everyone involved knew Karl wasn't staying. The contract offer was a charade.

Likewise with Hoffman he should have been traded last year.

Buy low, sell high. Not complicated.

Also trading only out of conference is stupid beyond repair. You aren't making the playoffs any time soon so who cares if you play a guy a few times per season? Aside from pride it has little to no impact on your team.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Actually, you know whats going to be refreshing...
The rest of the league and other posters will stop crapping on Karlsson and see him for the player that he really is. Looking forward to more Norris wins!

He's going to skate circles around Doughty. And I like Doughty.

Reactions: robsenz

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think I mentioned this earlier but I can't get over these contradictions:

"We decided on this rebuild plan in February"
"We did not decide on Karlsson's future in February"
"Trading Karlsson is the biggest step of our rebuild"
I’m starting to think they have an IQ limit test when you want to work in upper management for the Sens.

Reactions: Deku

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
On a day like today, I think it really shows that the NHL is a big boy executive league, and here we have the Ottawa Senators management team, sitting in their building holding their ***** within their yellow ****ing concrete walls like the naive chumps that they are, disconnected from the rest of the execs and the real goings-on of the league, trying desperately to act the part and getting absolutely ruined by their peers.

It's f***ing sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad