Friedman: Karlsson IS Willing to Extend in Canada

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Haha if some1 offered that he would have been gone 6 months ago. The only teams who would want him would be contenders, no contender is trading a core peice for him, its going to be an underwhelming picks/prospects deal.

Most of the rumours came from guys like Friedman and Marcott who are known to just make things up. We honestly don't know whats going on with Ottawa, maybe they haven't traded him because they don't want to.

People said the same shit about Stamkos for almost two seasons and he ended up staying in Tampa.

Who knows.

Reactions: Sensung

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
"it is not accurate that he is unwilling"

Who talks like this? :biglaugh:

How about Erik Karlsson has confirmed that he is willing to sign in Canada long-term?
Well it seems like he's trying to make clear he's refuting the assertion that everyone is talking about, which is that "Karlsson is unwilling to sign in Canada."

If he were just throwing out something rather than responding to something specific, I'd agree with you.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Kapanen + a 1st should do it
c'mon man, it gets hard to have productive conversation on here when other fanbases see these kinds of opinions

I don't think a team could ever not need a Karlsson lol

if something like that were to happen we'd be instant contenders
the cup odds say that we're favourites to win today. I think the betting line is being driven by some fan over-zealousness, but definitely contenders as is, the trick is going to be sustaining it in a salary cap world and Karlsson just won't fit imo

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Friedman just wants to be able to break news to his audience in Canada. Heres the convo.

Hey Erik! How are ya? Hey moment of your time, I got thousands of Canadian fans following my twitter. None of em are going to follow Karlsson tweets if Canada isnt involved. Can I just say you are willing to go to Canada too?

EK: Sure whatever....

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
If that is the case IMHO IF IF IF Ottawa is willing, I'd REALLY like to see Toronto touch base here.

Nylander+ for EK if he is willing to resign in Toronto.

Hes the absolute perfect RD they are looking for.

They'd be a ****ing powerhouse.

Absolutely no. Toronto needs a defenseman not a rover and should save and use their assets for such.

Reactions: Cams

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I don't think a team could ever not need a Karlsson lol

if something like that were to happen we'd be instant contenders

Then they'd still be looking for a top end Dman that can actually defend. I mean...trying to win every game 8-4 might be fun to watch for a while.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
c'mon man, it gets hard to have productive conversation on here when other fanbases see these kinds of opinions

the cup odds say that we're favourites to win today. I think the betting line is being driven by some fan over-zealousness, but definitely contenders as is, the trick is going to be sustaining it in a salary cap world and Karlsson just won't fit imo
Sorry. I saw someone say it would cost Marner and Nylander and I thought it was stupid time. My mistake

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
EK had to say this regardless of whether it's true. It may be, but I don't think it's a certainty.

Part of me feels like after the Hoffman thing, he'd prefer a market with less of a spotlight. That means going south.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

Karlsson > Nylander and Marleau impact wise

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Karlsson > Nylander and Marleau impact wise
for one year, probably. I don't know if that will be true of Nylander + the cap space difference between him and Karlsson in the long run though, Marleau isn't an efficient use of that space even if he's a good player
Sorry. I saw someone say it would cost Marner and Nylander and I thought it was stupid time. My mistake
for an extended guy who might be the best player at his position of all time? It likely would cost Marner & Nylander

Reactions: Sensung

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Most of the rumours came from guys like Friedman and Marcott who are known to just make things up. We honestly don't know whats going on with Ottawa, maybe they haven't traded him because they don't want to.

People said the same **** about Stamkos for almost two seasons and he ended up staying in Tampa.

Who knows.
Stamkos didnt pick up a puck on his last home game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I’m conflicted as a Canucks fan I definitely don’t want that to happen, but as a hockey fan that would be a joy to see lol

It's something any pure hockey fan would want to see. I am a believer that EK has many good years left. D men actually mature at a later age, and EK's a freak, his body is freaky. He looks like he is in his mid 20's.

As great as McDavid has been in his young career, I don't think he has had a true great player to play off. Same for EK. If Chiarelli and Dorion can make it happen. This would be a home run for hockey.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
it's symbiotic.

He wants to get clicks, and hockey fans want to click.

As long as he isn't lying I don't see the problem.

When you're as "known" in the business as Friedman is, I imagine it's tempting to just throw anything out there knowing the hockey world is buzzing over what "might" happen.

I just wish there was something more concrete offered up, since all the talk is coming from the likes of the supposed "insiders" like Friedman or Strickland.

"Oh this is what I've heard", or "My sources indicate", with nothing at all to back it up. It gets us fans all riled up but nothing is going on.

Essentially we're a dog in a cage, and he's just poking us with a stick. :laugh:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
What about friedmans swimming call at the olympics? That was a classic too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Larsson + Puljujarvi + 2 1sts

What do sens fans say about this offer?

IMO it would depend entirely on what they thought of Puljujarvi, but generally Sens fans want Draisaitl+ for an extended EK.

I wonder how something like Drai+Bouchard+1st for an extended EK and Dzingel/Pageau would be received. I’m not sure we end up better off long term in this scenario, and GOD would our forwards suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad