Friedman: Karlsson IS Willing to Extend in Canada

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
"it is not accurate that he is unwilling"

Who talks like this? :biglaugh:

How about Erik Karlsson has confirmed that he is willing to sign in Canada long-term?

I thought that language was messy as well - maybe it's directly how Karlsson phrased it and Friedman didn't want to change his words?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If that is the case IMHO IF IF IF Ottawa is willing, I'd REALLY like to see Toronto touch base here.

Nylander+ for EK if he is willing to resign in Toronto.

Hes the absolute perfect RD they are looking for.

They'd be a ****ing powerhouse.

It would be crazy if EK landed in Toronto but they'd need to give up a LOT more than Nylander for a signed Karlsson.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Sell the farm for him if he will extend.

Nylander
1st 2019
Liljegren
+ + ?

Top young roster player, top prospect, 1st, a few smaller pieces I assume. I doubt a team can match that in value.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

Nylander
1st 2019
Liljegren
+ + ?

Top young roster player, top prospect, 1st, a few smaller pieces I assume. I doubt a team can match that in value.

tbh I don't think that offer can beaten, maybe I'm biased

Ottawa gets a piece that can jump in right away with tons of potential, a top prospect and a 1st

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Nylander
1st 2019
Liljegren
+ + ?

That is a fair offer, I don't think you need many ++ to that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't think a team could ever not need a Karlsson lol

if something like that were to happen we'd be instant contenders
Like you arent in the running without him....Toronto isnt going to win by stacking their blueline,they are going to win Pittsburgh style....Average blueline and holy shit forwards

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Well that and I doubt Toronto fans would relish the idea of having to give up Nylander/Marner ++ for an extended Karlsson.
Haha if some1 offered that he would have been gone 6 months ago. The only teams who would want him would be contenders, no contender is trading a core peice for him, its going to be an underwhelming picks/prospects deal.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
"it is not accurate that he is unwilling"

Who talks like this? :biglaugh:

How about Erik Karlsson has confirmed that he is willing to sign in Canada long-term?

Somebody who doesnt have any real information and doesn't want to say anything concrete because he just makes stuff up and doesn't want to be called out on it.

And it works.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The wording of this tweet almost gave me a stroke.

"Its true that I said it's false about the correct nature of the unverifiable thing I just said.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Karlsson/Morrissey would literally be the sexiest pairing in the whole league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad