Karlsson Carrying the Team - Playoff Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In all fairness though, there's only two or three other players who get as obnoxiously hyped up and one of them is on my team. And the other one, Laine, I'm in those threads too.

Right, those are just two players chosen at random. :laugh:

One plays for a team you clearly dislike:

HarrisonFord said:
Makes me feel good knowing that the Sens lose in 5 to either Pitt or Washington

And the other is the direct competition for hype for your own golden boy.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
In all fairness though, there's only two or three other players who get as obnoxiously hyped up and one of them is on my team. And the other one, Laine, I'm in those threads too.

Honestly Harrison, Ottawa could win the Cup with Karlsson winning the Conn Smythe and you'd still downplay his contribution.

There is no question Karlsson has been the best player on the ice these playoffs...not to mention the only player from any of the teams remaining that has single-handedly carried his team to where they are right now.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Rinne has been good, but Nashvilles success is more of a team effort not Rinne carrying them.

And again, you clearly dont watch games at all! :laugh: When you say Anderson has been incredible... you just keep on sinking. :laugh:

If there's any team's defence I want it's Nashville's.

Honestly I think you guys give Andy a really unfair shake, but hey

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
On another note, the Sens finishing off the series in 6 allows Karlsson atleast 3 to 4 days of rest before the next rd. This is huge.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Like I don't understand how I'm calling him nothing special here. I've said he is. I mean if I see "MVP of the playoffs" - sure, I won't say anything. "Best defenseman in the playoffs this year" - sure, I can't argue against that. But best player in the NHL? Nope. Having one of the best playoff runs in NHL history? Nope.

And the funny part is, this has nothing to do with him being a Senator. If he played for the Coyotes and their fans praised him this excessively and intensely I'd be doing the same thing

Well hes no Morgan Reilly thats for sure...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Oh yeah, I'm so sad that a group of Sens fans are all feeding off each other.

Here, I'll let you guys have your fun and join the rest of the majority of the boards who just ignore Karlsson threads and let it turn into HFSens: Main boards edition. Have fun ;)

It was about time you joined the list of people who ignored Karlsson threads. At the same time you can join the list of people who talk about things that they know because you talk a lot on topics where you have no idea what you're talking about. Big mouth, no content. It took for everyone to recognize that Karlsson is a top 3 player in the world for you to finally shut up. Now the real question is: will you actually ignore Karlsson threads or once again just talk smack.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I guess Kelly Hruddy and all the other analysts that have been critical of his playoffs so far have been giving him an unfair shake too.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The last time Karlsson played in the playoffs, I think he was taking shots as well. He manages to perform at a dominant level pushing through injuries.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Here, I'll let you guys have your fun and join the rest of the majority of the boards who just ignore Karlsson threads and let it turn into HFSens: Main boards edition. Have fun ;)

From a Leafs fan that is rich.

Any Leafs player having an itchy elbow is a HUGE story.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Honestly though, what other players get hyped up to the level of Sens fans on Karlsson, Leafs fans on Matthews, and Jets fans on Laine?

Can't even take your own advice or just like Ten-Second Tom?

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
It was about time you joined the list of people who ignored Karlsson threads. At the same time you can join the list of people who talk about thing they know because you talk a lot on topics where you have no idea. Big mouth, no content. It took for everyone to recognize that Karlsson is a top 3 player in the world for you to finally shut up.

Whatever makes you feel better :laugh:

I guess Kelly Hruddy and all the other analysts that have been critical of his playoffs so far have been giving him an unfair shake too.

I've thought that Andy is in the same group as Holtby. He's getting an unfair shake as well. They've both been great when they need to be

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Leafs = Nylander/Marner

Habs = Price

Nylander the worst I've seen about him is that he's got #1C potential
Marner I think there's one guy who calls him better than Kane :laugh: but usually it's Kane-lite

Price you're right about though probably

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I've thought that Andy is in the same group as Holtby. He's getting an unfair shake as well. They've both been great when they need to be

Anderson has been giving up back breaking soft goals every second game.

No one in their right minds, including Anderson, would say that he has been playing "incredible" he's been quite the opposite and he has .908 to save to back that up.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Congrats to the sens. Playing very well and unexpected (to some). Mostly happy to see dion and Ottawa do well as much as I hate (not really although rivalry) Ottawa.

Karlsson is a world class player and he is proving it. Second behind Getzlaf as most important to his teams success IMO.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

In the end, the team is winning games, so he's as good as he needs to be. That's very different than how you described his performance thus far though.

If Ottawa hadn't come up with some clutch goals late in games to tie up/win, they would be out already and he would certainly be the goat. I really don't know how you can say he's been great, and that's coming from somebody who has always been very high on Anderson.

Maybe years of watching Reimer, Bernier, Gustavsson, Raycroft, and Toskala have affected your ability to judge quality goaltending...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce