Karlsson Carrying the Team - Playoff Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
That's not what is being argued here though. The statement was player, not player this playoffs. I think McDavid and Crosby are better players in general. I think Getzlaf and Malkin and Rinne have been better in the playoffs. Malkin and Rinne are more arguable, but Getzlaf has been a monster

Lol, this guy trolls.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
??? Karlsson best player in the world ???

1 - Its only his first ECF
2 - Ottawa is one of the most inconsistent team in the league (leadership ?? ) MTL tries so hard to give you guys 1e this year and you never took it.

People Please...

You say that like we lost to the Rangers. Montreal simply helped build the confidence of Lundqvist and the Rangers.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

2 - Ottawa is one of the most inconsistent team in the league (leadership ?? ) MTL tries so hard to give you guys 1e this year and you never took it.

People Please...

And Montreal couldn't beat the team the Sens just eliminated. Moron

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Orr is pretty much impossible to catch at this point.

Ya, and I think that's due to how close in skill the elite to the average is now. The skill gap is much smaller. Natural talent still separates though.

Have I ever called Karlsson bad? Find me a single post where I call him bad? I call him not as good as McDavid and not as good as Crosby. I have also said he's not having one of the greatest playoff runs of all time, just a really good one. I have also said he's not "carrying his team like very few ever have", because Anderson has been incredible.

But apparently I'm a hater because I try to make people come back down to reality

You imply the tone of "nothing special" when he in fact is, that's what riles people up. Heck CBC is saying that if the playoffs were only 2 rounds he'd be the Smythe winner across the whole league.

Be honest though, you absolutely love downplaying the Senators and Karlsson's accomplishments. That much is clear by now :laugh:

It's an absolute fact that national media is now grouping EK in with Crosby and McDavid as best hockey player on the planet.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

People Please...

Yeah Karlsson's leadership sucks. In Bizzaro world.

Mar 14, 2015
No, my smiley doesn't make what you say wrong - the facts make what you say wrong. He's arguably behind Getzlaf, Malkin, and Rinne in terms of best playoffs this year - and you can't be "among the greatest playoff runs in NHL history" when other people in the same playoffs might be better. Listen, I know you're all excited about your game tonight, and congratulations! But take a breath and try to see things objectively

Haha arguably behind Getzlaf, Malkin, and Rinne? Have you event watch those seriers?
Its Getzlaf and Karlsson. You clearly dont watch games at all. :laugh:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He hasn't been great on LDSC or MDSC, but he has been on HDSC. Big timely saves

Yeah, maybe watch the games instead of spreadsheets. He's not been great at all, looked shaky in many games, gave up terrible, terrible goals. Kelly Hrudey was even talking about it during the intermission, and how he looked far, far better tonight,

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Have I ever called Karlsson bad? Find me a single post where I call him bad? I call him not as good as McDavid and not as good as Crosby. I have also said he's not having one of the greatest playoff runs of all time, just a really good one. I have also said he's not "carrying his team like very few ever have", because Anderson has been incredible.

But apparently I'm a hater because I try to make people come back down to reality

i mean it's not like we ever needed any more proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I wouldn't even give it to Getzlaf as Silfverberg has been just as much of a monster and Draisaitl in the series

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Ya, and I think that's due to how close in skill the elite to the average is now. The skill gap is much smaller. Natural talent still separates though.

You imply the tone of "nothing special" when he in fact is, that's what riles people up. Heck CBC is saying that if the playoffs were only 2 rounds he'd be the Smythe winner.

Be honest though, you absolutely love downplaying the Senators and Karlsson's accomplishments. That much is clear by now :laugh:

It's an absolute fact that national media is now grouping EK in with Crosby and McDavid as best hockey player on the planet.

Like I don't understand how I'm calling him nothing special here. I've said he is. I mean if I see "MVP of the playoffs" - sure, I won't say anything. "Best defenseman in the playoffs this year" - sure, I can't argue against that. But best player in the NHL? Nope. Having one of the best playoff runs in NHL history? Nope.

And the funny part is, this has nothing to do with him being a Senator. If he played for the Coyotes and their fans praised him this excessively and intensely I'd be doing the same thing

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Haha arguably behind Getzlaf, Malkin, and Rinne? Have you event watch those seriers?
Its Getzlaf and Karlsson. You clearly dont watch games at all. :laugh:

But like how can someone be having one of the greatest runs in NHL history if he's neck and neck with another player. Is Getzlaf having one of the greatest runs in NHL history?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And the funny part is, this has nothing to do with him being a Senator. If he played for the Coyotes and their fans praised him this excessively and intensely I'd be doing the same thing

Let's not pretend that you are as ardent as pointing out the glaring exaggerations of the abilities of players in all of the other threads on HF.

You're not convincing anyone with your "I'm just an objective and neutral outside observer" shtick.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

This post is just too funny.

HarrisonFord... poor guy. A good night sleep might do you good. It must be a lot to take when the player you hate the most on the team you hate the most is the best defensemen in the world and top 3 player in the world.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Let's not pretend that you are as ardent as pointing out the glaring exaggerations of the abilities of players in all of the other threads on HF.

You're not convincing anyone with your "I'm just an objective and neutral outside observer" schtick.

Yeah I've been laughing at this a lot recently.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
HarrisonFord said:
I have also said he's not "carrying his team like very few ever have", because Anderson has been incredible.

Sure.

In two games.

Game 4 round 1.

Game 6 round 2.

And I love Anderson and think he's the best goalie in Senators history (outside of Hasek's brief and tragic stint).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
apparently, Anderson being incredible and carrying the team is the reality.

Man this guy is getting ripped appart.. As if we needed more proof that he has no idea what he's talking about.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

You're not convincing anyone with your "I'm just an objective and neutral outside observer" shtick.

In all fairness though, there's only two or three other players who get as obnoxiously hyped up and one of them is on my team. And the other one, Laine, I'm in those threads too.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Man this guy is getting ripped appart.. As if we needed more proof that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Oh yeah, I'm so sad that a group of Sens fans are all feeding off each other.

Here, I'll let you guys have your fun and join the rest of the majority of the boards who just ignore Karlsson threads and let it turn into HFSens: Main boards edition. Have fun ;)

Mar 14, 2015
But like how can someone be having one of the greatest runs in NHL history if he's neck and neck with another player. Is Getzlaf having one of the greatest runs in NHL history?

Rinne has been good, but Nashvilles success is more of a team effort not Rinne carrying them.

And again, you clearly dont watch games at all! :laugh: When you say Anderson has been incredible... you just keep on sinking. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce