[Karlsson|Bergeron] Who is more valuable?

Who is more valuable ?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Best offensive D vs best defensive forward. Who is more valuable in your opinion?

tough questions. If I want to win a cup this year, I take Bergeron. But Karlsson is younger. Karlsson is also off contract after this year, and I think he will get a contract he's not worth.

I think I take Bergeron.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Each of those teams had a fantastic #1 Dman too though. Chara, Keith, and Doughty.
You are not wrong. I think that all play a different game than Karlsson that makes thems more valuable in playoffs but it’s entirely possible that I am underestimating EK defensive capabilities.

On a smaller scale, I take Ghost to win a game in February but I rather have Couturier or Provorov to win a playoffs series.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Karlsson two years ago was more dominant than Bergeron has been in the playoffs with a much worse team.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Karlsson is not only the best offensive dman but also the best defensive dman so this is one of the rare cases of Karlsson AINEC.
LOL, are we talking about Erik Karlsson or Raymond Bourque here?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Karlsson is not only the best offensive dman but also the best defensive dman so this is one of the rare cases of Karlsson AINEC.

incredulous.gif

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Value is sometimes hard to judge, as a bunch of things outside of what happens on the ice matter.

Bergeron commands insane respect around the league. It might even exceed EK to be honest. I think if you asked GM's around the league which C would you add to your team for a playoff run i could see Bergeron being ahead of some of the elite centers in the game. His leadership qualities are up there with the best of them and it's pretty tough not to see Bergy being a fit on any team. And being such a versatile player, he's going to bring something you need regardless of what it is.

EK definitely gets more money on a new deal though. So define value i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad