I hope he didn't skip leg day!

1297465659010_ORIGINAL.jpg

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Boo ya

Steve Lloyd ‏@Steve_Lloyd 7m
At #Sens scrimmage. It's a farce for Karlsson. His mobility is outstanding. Not the same guy from the playoffs. Dominating. Good sign.
:yo:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
wow...ripped is an understatement. Amazing looking back at his draft picture compared to these recent picks. Who knew such a thin frame could pack on so much muscle.

Milan the God*

Noticed that yesterday. He does look ripped. His skating also looks great. Hopefully it's what it used to be.

This could be an awesome season for EK. Can't wait.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it will be all that debateable for long.

It really isn't if you watch him consistently. In all fairness to the other teams fans the only EK they saw last year was the guy getting dangled and sniped on against Pittsburgh for the highlight of the night. With only 8 teams left there were 22 disgruntled fan bases that probably weren't even watching the games because they were bitter about being ousted. Then TSN keeps showing the top 50 plays of the year and it gets rammed down their throats again. If Karlsson was that type of player then they would all be correct. The fact that they barely acknowledge the injury, an injury that he came back 6 months early is fairly ignorant but hey it gives them a reason to doubt him I guess. Personally the fact that he came back that fast and still contributed speaks to how special of a player he truly is.

Then they think back to the previous year and think oh yeah that's a fluke and he cant play defense.

They probably didn't watch him at the start of the year as it was a condensed schedule coming off the lock out and they were probably watching their own teams. However the first 14 games may have been a hot streak I have never watched a player control the pace of a game like that in my life. I have seen Crosby, Jagr and Hasek dominate but all in different ways, not the way EK did. With that being said I never had the opportunity to watch Lemieux, Orr or Gretzky in their primes with a high level of understanding of the game.

I also don't think we do ourselves any favors on the main boards either. At this point I am just going to sit back not argue and let his play do the talking it will be very very sweet.

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

I dunno if I like him being so ripped. He may lose speed. He looked a little slow on Sunday

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He'll look a little slower than usual until December/January, but he's skating much better than in the playoffs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dunno if I like him being so ripped. He may lose speed. He looked a little slow on Sunday

He isn't bulky at all he is cut. He looked slow good grief do you realize the injury he came off? Do you realize that was his first game? Did you not notice a difference between now and the last time he was on the ice?

waynson spetzky

Sep 29, 2008

Ok guys, he's not that ripped. The picture looks like it was taken with a wide angle lens which distorts the image. I mean his forearms look as big as his head here.

The picture of him standing beside Greening in the tunnel under the CTC gives a much more true-to-life image of Karlsson's size.

Karlsson has a slight, wiry build. He's never going to be so bulky that it starts to affect his mobility. At least not while he's young and an active NHLer.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
And I don't think they are trying to put weight on him, whatever comes in is mostly a result of natural filling out, he's 22 years old. Getting stronger while remaining light is the aim....meaning he gets faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad